Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Burroughs or Dake

Is Howe wrestling in the Open?  What do you guys think about the seeding for this?  

1 - Burroughs

2 - Dake

3 - Derringer

4 - ?

Should be more like

1.Burroughs

2.Dake

3. Ringer

4. Others

Got a feeling JB and Dake will Tech their way to the finals.

I'm sticking with JB. I think the blood time that kept stopping his match against Geduev really ****ed up his rhythm. He came back and went undefeated at the World Cup. I think we saw motivated JB at the Cup and we're going to see a motivated and confident JB at the Open.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

correct

Actually, it is probably even more pressure at a balanced weight like 57 or 125 with no clear favorite.  I could see Dake losing a close US Open Finals to JB, but getting back to the WTT final with a few techs and not being too impacted.  If someone like Garrett or NaTo pulls an upset or two and gets to the US Open final, their odds of ultimately making the World Team if they win or lose that one match are vastly different.

Edited by rpm002

Actually, it is probably even more pressure at a balanced weight like 57 or 125 with no clear favorite. I could see Dake losing a close US Open Finals to JB, but getting back to the WTT final with a few techs and not being too impacted. If someone like Garrett or NaTo pulls an upset or two and gets to the US Open final, their odds of ultimately making the World Team if they win or lose that one match are vastly different.

Dake has complained about the process of sitting through the trials for the world/Olympic team spot being unfair before so I do feel he would have some pressure going into that US Open final to win that to receive said advantage otherwise he might view it as Burroughs or anyone else having a leg up on him and the thoughts of possibly losing once the trials come around Edited by NYWRESTLER94

I'll be rooting for Burroughs, but I think it is finally Dake's time if the Burroughs from the Olympics and World Cup shows up.  I could also see Burroughs leaving his shoes on the mat in Lincoln during the trials if Dake wins all three matches convincingly. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

I'll be rooting for Burroughs, but I think it is finally Dake's time if the Burroughs from the Olympics and World Cup shows up. I could also see Burroughs leaving his shoes on the mat in Lincoln during the trials if Dake wins all three matches convincingly.

100% agree on this

There is an absolute mountain of pressure on Dake to win this open. He doesn't want to become like Joe Heskett was to Joe Williams for like 5 years in a row. I don't know how these guys do it especially someone that can win worlds and never being able to go. Dake is not there yet but a loss at the open would be very frustrating since I think he thinks he will win it.   

I've got to go with Dake on this one.   Burroughs just has not looked great since being blown out at the Olympics.    

Dake realizes Taylor has finally arrived at 86 kg, and there's just not much opportunity there for him there.    He will be guns blazing in Las Vegas and he wins the Open..