Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

dake 

#42 Plasmodium

Plasmodium

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:46 AM

Big fan of JB.  I love that he went dark on social media.  Indicates resolve.

#43 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:46 AM

Is this the match of the tournament?  I think so.  

Will the tournament be seeded?  

Will they both get to the match?  Will Dieringer change tactics?  Dake clearly adjusted his the last time they wrestled.  Left arm pulled way back if I recall.  Dieringer was dead in the water from that it seemed.  Really crazy.

Edited by nom, 22 April 2017 - 12:47 AM.

#44 Plasmodium

Plasmodium

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

It is seeded. It will be interesting to see the seeds.  After JB & KD, it seems a crap shoot.   Some order of AD, Quinton Godley, Kevin Lavalley, Chris Perry, Vladyslav Dombrovskiy?

Edited by Plasmodium, 22 April 2017 - 01:02 AM.

#45 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:34 AM

he may still be winning but he hasn't at all looked like the guy that won 3 world titles and the Olympics recently

It's not just that. His biggest edge, and perhaps only real edge, versus Dake was that blast double from anywhere, including the knees. I can't remember every single move of his in competition since he last looked good (for JB), but I believe he may have only hit that signature double once or twice including the Olympics. Either he's holding back or he doesn't have that unbeatable weapon at his disposal anymore. It's really the only move he needs to beat Dake (or anyone, for that matter), and if it's not up to par, JB is very vulnerable, especially against a guy as good as Dake.

I picked Dake, but I'm not that confident because it's not yet clear whether JB can still hit his patented move at peak effectiveness or not. Two competitions is not enough data.

Edited by wrestlingnerd, 22 April 2017 - 02:35 AM.

• NYWRESTLER94 likes this

#46 NYWRESTLER94

NYWRESTLER94

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:56 AM

It's not just that. His biggest edge, and perhaps only real edge, versus Dake was that blast double from anywhere, including the knees. I can't remember every single move of his in competition since he last looked good (for JB), but I believe he may have only hit that signature double once or twice including the Olympics. Either he's holding back or he doesn't have that unbeatable weapon at his disposal anymore. It's really the only move he needs to beat Dake (or anyone, for that matter), and if it's not up to par, JB is very vulnerable, especially against a guy as good as Dake.

I picked Dake, but I'm not that confident because it's not yet clear whether JB can still hit his patented move at peak effectiveness or not. Two competitions is not enough data.

agreed he's upped his game with that great leg lace from the double leg as well which allowed him to put away matches in the past so if he can't get to it at least once it could be a very tough match for him

#47 treep2000

treep2000

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:01 AM

I honestly see this as a toss-up this year.  JB being "down" slightly based on past performances, and Dake, coming back down from 86kg, with a chip on his shoulder. 

Whoever wins will be a great Team USA representative and will make us proud.  Steel sharpens steel, and we "may" see a changing of the guard. 

• de4856 likes this

#48 newyorkwrestler

newyorkwrestler

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:30 AM

if howe competes he should be the third seed

#49 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:34 AM

I keep picking Dake and he keeps getting smoked. Nonetheless I'm taking him again this year.

#50 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

Well I think KD's last outing was the Paris tourney, which he looked pretty good at. I think JB's was the World Cup which he didn't look as good as we are used to seeing him, but he persevered and won all his matches. So I think that was a huge boost to his state of mind. My thought is this, if JB's game has fallen off this might be curtains for him. However, if not, I think JB hold's the psychological edge between the two due to his many wins against KD. So I believe if things are going to change between them, KD really needs to have analyzed every aspect of JB and needs to have the strategy and game plan to get by JB.

#51 PSUMike

PSUMike

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

Is this the match of the tournament?  I think so.  

Will the tournament be seeded?  

Will they both get to the match?  Will Dieringer change tactics?  Dake clearly adjusted his the last time they wrestled.  Left arm pulled way back if I recall.  Dieringer was dead in the water from that it seemed.  Really crazy.

Does that question even need to be asked? Unless Snyder and Varner are in the field, of course it's going to be. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users