Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Carson Manville, Wow

Wasn't Kurt McHenry on a world cadet team last year? Or does he have a brother. I ask because a wrestler named Svingala just cradled up Kurt McHenry and pinned him

Same kid, but up several weight classes from where he was during the regular season and about 28 pounds heavier from where he won Cadet gold.

While I certainly would not have predicted this result, it is worth noting that Svingala (like McHenry, he was a 106 in 2017) is not a slouch by any means...He was an undefeated (42-0) NY DII State Champion this season...He is also a Section II kid, so he had the home crowd on his side.

Edited by Hofman19

That's crazy. Good for him.

We have a shot at cadet and junior team gold this year. Spencer's injury does hurt our chances, but it is still possible.

Junior team looks to be fantastic, but not sure about the Cadet team. Solid, but not as good as last year's team.

McHenry, Decatur, Wittlake, Schultz, and Sasso your best guys.

Not bagging on Nick Raimo at all here as this really has nothing to do with him, but what the hell is the ref seeing to penalize Manville with 07 seconds left in this match??? Manville wrestled with his back to the center of the mat and Raimo unable to do anything at all for 95 percent of the match. 

Manville gets the only TD of the match, and after that the action is stopped as Manville looks close to getting a leglace, then the call awarding 2 to Raimo at the end when Raimo didn't really do anything to earn it???

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/1181619-126a-lbs-finals-1st-carson-manville-vs-nick-raimo-apex#.WP4lnPkrJPY

Edited by TBar1977

Not bagging on Nick Raimo at all here as this really has nothing to do with him, but what the hell is the ref seeing to penalize Manville with 07 seconds left in this match??? Manville wrestled with his back to the center of the mat and Raimo unable to do anything at all for 95 percent of the match. 

Manville gets the only TD of the match, and after that the action is stopped as Manville looks close to getting a leglace, then the call awarding 2 to Raimo at the end when Raimo didn't really do anything to earn it???

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/1181619-126a-lbs-finals-1st-carson-manville-vs-nick-raimo-apex#.WP4lnPkrJPY

The ref robbed an 8th grader.  The biggest BS call I have seen in while.  Raimo is great, but the kid won.  What the ref did was clearly not based on logic.

The guys on FRL said 'you can't circle out' in freestyle, which I did not know. So they say the call was correct. I am kind of novice ish in the nuances of freestyle rules so i will take their word on that. 

I'm confused why it was a caution and 2 and not 1, but nobody brought that up so that was probably correct

If caution was correctly called on Manville, then it should be called far more often in freestyle. Guys "circle out" like Manville did constantly. 

He was robbed. I am actually a big Raimo fan, but I'm sure he would even say that was BS. He didn't outwrestle Manville. 

Wasn't Mason also super dominant in high school?  Haven't we learned that this doesn't always translate into domination at the next level?

well he (Mason) hasn't competed in collegiate competition yet and probably a bit early to expect him to dominate in senior level Greco but he does have a US Open title to his name. But generally speaking, of course, we've seen plenty of guys who are 'can't miss' 'sure 4x AA, 2 x champs' coming out of HS not live up to that kind of hype. IF the Anvil even wrestles in college I think he'll have a solid but not necessarily spectacular career. Finding a spot in line-up at PSU a factor of course. Carson, who knows? Lots of time to go...