Erminio8

Who will be the Vincenzo of 2018?

It's no different than saying that Nick Lee is a high AA when excluding one result (in freestyle nonetheless), he is less accomplished than both Marinelli and Young.

Eye test, Nick Lee has so much offense, pair that with his practice partners, its not hard to imagine him being a high aa, especially if he redshirts this year. That's different then saying a freshmen is going to be too much for a returning champ, imo.

Eye test, Nick Lee has so much offense, pair that with his practice partners, its not hard to imagine him being a high aa, especially if he redshirts this year. That's different then saying a freshmen is going to be too much for a returning champ, imo.

You mean two champs! iMar and Vincenzo. Plus a 3rd place phenom in Massa. 

Big difference between 1hr weigh-in and Saturday night. And yes he did, he beat Lizak who beat him worse than Suriano did. Someone is a national champ and someone didn't wrestle at NCAA's. Yes, he was hurt but Cruz won it all. I'm picking him next year to win it all.

All I'm saying is don't be surprised when the Bull and Young are far exceeding your predictions for them. Bull may not win it but he's in the hunt and so is Young.

I don't think you quite comprehend how good 165 is. Marinelli is a stud and has a bright career ahead of him but I don't even think he'll AA next season. Cenzo, Massa, IMar, Lewis, Rogers, Walsh, Womack, hell even Valencia who didn't even AA...all these guys are back next season. 

I don't think you quite comprehend how good 165 is. Marinelli is a stud and has a bright career ahead of him but I don't even think he'll AA next season. Cenzo, Massa, IMar, Lewis, Rogers, Walsh, Womack, hell even Valencia who didn't even AA...all these guys are back next season.

Oh I comprehend how strong the weight is but he will be there.

TnT weren't going to pull Young's redshirt to put Meyer on the bench. He will be ready and will be on the podium. He's too good on the mat for Mark Hall, how hard is that for you to understand?

Marinelli was too small at 165 this year, he needed a year under Brands and Rutt to get bigger and better. He's there now and will take care of business. Top 3, you heard it here first.

wouldn't pulling youngs redshirt this season had put Gunther on the bench since young competed at 165

wouldn't pulling youngs redshirt this season had put Gunther on the bench since young competed at 165

He only competed there because Meyer was at 174 and wanted the job at 165. They'd have pulled the Bull if Stoll didn't go down. Young wasn't physically there yet either but saw him at NCAA's and he was looking like a good sized 74. Very excited for next year.

Anthony up to 174. That moves him into top 5 and I think Vincenzo got extremely hot and had tournament of his life. I wouldn't be surprised to see him 4th next year.

The Bull will be alright. He will take some losses but he will be much improved and a big 165 which is important for him with his style.

Anthony up to 174. That moves him into top 5 and I think Vincenzo got extremely hot and had tournament of his life. I wouldn't be surprised to see him 4th next year.

The Bull will be alright. He will take some losses but he will be much improved and a big 165 which is important for him with his style.

The last time an Iowa fan pitched this hard for their 165 it was Nick Moore.

brands2.jpg

Edited by TBar1977

Hawkfanactic may be the 21 Guns of Iowa, but I wouldn't sleep on Marinelli. He is a beast and needed a redshirt to gain weight (he was considering 157 at one point earlier last season) and transition to college given his physical style. I am very high on his potential. He is very strong and has an elite motor, a lethal combination for folkstyle 7-minute wrestling. He is not polished and makes a lot of mistakes, but his fundamentals are very sound (Jordan trained). I don't think he'll be a title threat next year but it wouldn't blow my mind if he was top 4 by the end of the year.

TnT weren't going to pull Young's redshirt to put Meyer on the bench. He will be ready and will be on the podium. He's too good on the mat for Mark Hall, how hard is that for you to understand?

Marinelli was too small at 165 this year, he needed a year under Brands and Rutt to get bigger and better. He's there now and will take care of business. Top 3, you heard it here first.

I'm sure Young's not the best mat wrestler at 174 and Hall seemed to do pretty good at NCAA's and once he put's on the needed muscle he's going to be even better. I hope Marinelli does great I've been keeping an eye on him since I see him at GFC in a loaded weight class with Mark Hall, Fox Baldwin, and himself. 

can definately see yianni (or vito) beating heil during the season... similarly to how stieber beat russel at vegas his freshmen year, not saying either of them will win the whole thing, but definately can see them with high intensity upsetting the heil during the season