Sign in to follow this  
Plasmodium

Iowa lineup 2017-2018

The dynasty is coming back. It will take time and money but we are on our way back.

I think Marinelli beats Campbell.  Not sure how this Campbell fella went from also ran at Nationals with 3 points, to now an All American, but not buying it.  

Iowa State seems to be on their way back as well. This will be fun to watch to see which one gets back faster. 

Get's back faster.  That is hilarious.  When is the last time Iowa has finished outside the top 10  at NCAA's?  How many times outside the top 5? Even PSU has since Sanderson took over.  ISU has a LONG ways to go to get to top 5's let alone with the consistency that Iowa has done it.

Edited to add:  Since 1974 they have finished outside of the top 5 4 times.  1989-6th, 2003-8th, 2005-7th and 2007-8th.

Edited by MSU158

Get's back faster. That is hilarious. When is the last time Iowa has finished outside the top 10 at NCAA's? How many times outside the top 5? Even PSU has since Sanderson took over. ISU has a LONG ways to go to get to top 5's let alone with the consistency that Iowa has done it.

Edited to add: Since 1974 they have finished outside of the top 5 4 times. 1989-6th, 2003-8th, 2005-7th and 2007-8th.

No no, college wrestling began in 2011. Notice how none of these guys were members then and BWI looked like a ghost town? Oh because I do.

Get's back faster. That is hilarious. When is the last time Iowa has finished outside the top 10 at NCAA's? How many times outside the top 5? Even PSU has since Sanderson took over. ISU has a LONG ways to go to get to top 5's let alone with the consistency that Iowa has done it.

Edited to add: Since 1974 they have finished outside of the top 5 4 times. 1989-6th, 2003-8th, 2005-7th and 2007-8th.

Lol. Your tag team Superstar is the one that first wrote in this thread that Iowa is coming back. Take that verbage up with him.

I think Marinelli beats Campbell.  Not sure how this Campbell fella went from also ran at Nationals with 3 points, to now an All American, but not buying it.  

I actually agree with your contention that no one should start overrating TeShan Campbell.  He is middle of road for Big Ten at this moment.  He may improve a lot but we don't know.  

On the other hand, Iowa fans need to realize Alex Marinelli is a good prospect but he'd do very well just to AA next season.  

I actually agree with your contention that no one should start overrating TeShan Campbell.  He is middle of road for Big Ten at this moment.  He may improve a lot but we don't know.  

On the other hand, Iowa fans need to realize Alex Marinelli is a good prospect but he'd do very well just to AA next season.  

I posted that Campbell would be a toss-up vs. "The Bull" for the same identical reason that pretty much every poster has emphasized when evaluating RS Frosh, coming off their RS season, without any "major" wins... 

Campbell showed "fairly" at Nationals, in a similar capacity that Anthony Valencia showed "fairly" (i.e. Not placing).  Giving that The Bull may not place either, that puts him in good company, "showing fairly", and thus the toss-up comparative. 

When The Bull has some decisive victories, a la Vincenzo throughout his season, The Bull can rise in the rankings just like everyone else.  As an ohio guy, I'm a bit dismayed that he went Iowa Style, but am still rooting for him to do well in representing his roots.

Lol. Your tag team Superstar is the one that first wrote in this thread that Iowa is coming back. Take that verbage up with him.

If someone calls your penis a vagina, would you not only agree with him, but then use a beat up vagina to compare it to?

If someone calls your penis a vagina, would you not only agree with him, but then use a beat up vagina to compare it to?

I have no clue what this means. Maybe this would be better kept inside your head, MSU. You and your inner voice can hash this one out on your own. 

I had no idea this is how you rolled. 

Edited by TBar1977

That lineup is not likely top 10.

Maybe 7th in the Big 10, behind PSU, tOSU, Michigan, Minnesota, Rutgers, Nebraska. It's going to be awesome to watch the TnT meltdown.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I see Iowa is pushing hard to try and stay relevant.

With Brands' at the helm they will keep pushing and may be close but I don't believe they will win it all. At the same time I don't think Cael & Co will have more than 4 Champs on the podium next time.

A strong Iowa is good for College wrestling.

I have no clue what this means. Maybe this would be better kept inside your head, MSU. You and your inner voice can hash this one out on your own. 

I had no idea this is how you rolled. 

I roll fine.  I wanted to show you how incredibly stupid it was to use someone else's definition of "getting back" to even begin to compare ISU to Iowa.  Doing so was not only like turning a penis into a vagina, but comparing that same penis to a beat up one.

MSU, seriously, this is a wrestling board. Stop with your sex bender troll $hit. That does not belong here. Clean your act up.

Has nothing to do with sex.  Has everything to do with blatant stupidity and the need to make an over the top comparison to make it clear how stupid it was.  Plus, I figured it would bother you more than a more wrestling related comparison.  Hopefully I succeeded!  Good Night.

I posted that Campbell would be a toss-up vs. "The Bull" for the same identical reason that pretty much every poster has emphasized when evaluating RS Frosh, coming off their RS season, without any "major" wins...

Campbell showed "fairly" at Nationals, in a similar capacity that Anthony Valencia showed "fairly" (i.e. Not placing). Giving that The Bull may not place either, that puts him in good company, "showing fairly", and thus the toss-up comparative.

When The Bull has some decisive victories, a la Vincenzo throughout his season, The Bull can rise in the rankings just like everyone else. As an ohio guy, I'm a bit dismayed that he went Iowa Style, but am still rooting for him to do well in representing his roots.

Ohio State really messed up by not having him. He would've been solid in their room.

He had good partners st Iowa this year, but I can't get Valencia steamrolling him out of my head.

He made a mental error against Valencia, that's it. 4th place as a true freshman basically up a weight at the Midlands in a stacked field has me very high on him. He will AA and top 5.

I think his pace will be too much for Lewis, who folds late in matches. Cenzo caught lightning in a bottle and will come back to Earth. Only 2 I really worry about are Massa and IMar, which puts him top 3 and a title contender.

Totally out of line. WTF???

Tbar talking wrestling and this is what you come back with? Beneath you MSU. And you know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk