Sign in to follow this  
Plasmodium

Iowa lineup 2017-2018

Back to my original question, it looks like I have it right. Question marks at eight weights.

They have some capable freshmen coming in, Stoll may be healthy and Wilcke may improve. They will be a top ten team if everything goes right.

125, 133, 11, and 197 are the only real question marks as to who will be there.

125 looks like it will probably be Perez Perez, which is...problematic.

133 is probably Phil Laux.  Again, problematic.

141 looks likely to be either Happel or Turk, both talented but unproven.

174 will be Kaleb Young.

184 will be Cash WIlcke

197 I have no idea if Holloway can make it down there.

125- Perez Perez

133- Carter Happel

141- Vince Turk

149- Sorenson

157- Kem dawg

165- THE BULL

174- Young

184- $$$ Wilcke

197- Holloway

285- Still

Ain't gonna win it but our slush fund is just being built up. Top 4 at NCAA's with some hammers coming off of redshirt.

And. The. Dynasty. Is. Coming. Back.

Unlike most here I actually appreciate an Iowa fan being positive and not just making excuses or being fans of "the field" instead of Iowa.

You're a Hawk fan, you're wearing your heart on your sleeve and if you are positive on your boys good for you.

I don't think Iowa will sniff top 5 this year but that's me. That being said I appreciate an Iowa fan with maybe a little lofty expectations rather than an Iowa fan that just roots against anyone wrestling against PSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pish6969

I didn't even know about this place before 2011. Had no idea wrestling had msg boards. You got me.

SO TRUE!! Speaking for myself I never got a smartphone till 2011 (yeah a little late to the party). I was never really a computer guy except for work. Never knew any of these boards existed until a couple years ago.

Always found it interesting how people judge a posters wrestling knowledge based on when they joined a message board. As if that has anything to do with ones fandom or wrestling knowledge

SO TRUE!! Speaking for myself I never got a smartphone till 2011 (yeah a little late to the party). I was never really a computer guy except for work. Never knew any of these boards existed until a couple years ago.

Always found it interesting how people judge a posters wrestling knowledge based on when they joined a message board. As if that has anything to do with ones fandom or wrestling knowledge

Wasn't meant so much as a judgment of when people started posting on message boards, more of a judgment of when they became vocal about their support. I'm an Iowa fan, vocal through good times and vocal through bad times. If they stopped winning, then I guarantee they would become far fewer.

I dislike Penn State just like I dislike Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Illinois, etc. They just happen to be the most vocal now that they are winning when 10 years ago...it was nothing but peeps from that fan section.

It's taken me quite a few decades to evolve, but I find it rewarding fighting the urge to dislike other teams or fans. In my experience,evolving from an us-against-them to a celebration-of-everyone's-struggles mentality broadens appreciation of the sport, not to mention appealing to the better angels of my too often flawed nature. But to each their own - haters gotta hate right? So go to it- sometimes makes for interesting exchanges.

My wrestling was done almost a half-century ago, but I don't begrudge anyone for showing up more recently or being more vocal. I don't mind new posters, new fans, fans who are not expert wrestlers, new opinions, fair weather fans - that's a consequence of a growing (hopefully) and diverse fan base.

So if a new team champ is crowned this year and new posters emerge and others fade - I'm fine with that (enjoy the good times, they don't last forever). As far as this forum goes, having new champs is like periodically changing your sheets - keeps it fresh.

Wasn't meant so much as a judgment of when people started posting on message boards, more of a judgment of when they became vocal about their support. I'm an Iowa fan, vocal through good times and vocal through bad times. If they stopped winning, then I guarantee they would become far fewer.

I dislike Penn State just like I dislike Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Illinois, etc. They just happen to be the most vocal now that they are winning when 10 years ago...it was nothing but peeps from that fan section.

No Minnesota dislike? I'm guessing you're not a real Iowa fan.

Why is Laux "problematic"?

People keep dogging this kid, and he is a DAMN GOOD wrestler, in fact, I will call it now, he will AA.  This season.

I don't know if he'll AA but he is a solid wrestler.  He gave an excellent effort against Tomasello in the dual.  

Generally speaking, Iowa does a fine job coaching up their wrestlers.  They did a lot of good work last year with their 197 and 165.  Both were far more competitive than expected.  

I don't even know if you know what your meaning is other than that you are unhappy that Iowa is no longer King of the Mountain. 

Ten years ago PSU had the 4th highest wrestling attendance in the country with an 11th ranked team entering NCAA's, so the fans were pretty damn good wrestling fans if you ask me. And this is so whether they knew of the mat forums or not. What would their fans have been writing back then anyway? "We're #11!"??? Not much ring to that.

Now, Penn State did beat Iowa ten years ago. Remember that well, especially Heller's pin of Alex Tsirtsis. 

He made a mental error against Valencia, that's it. 4th place as a true freshman basically up a weight at the Midlands in a stacked field has me very high on him. He will AA and top 5.

I think his pace will be too much for Lewis, who folds late in matches. Cenzo caught lightning in a bottle and will come back to Earth. Only 2 I really worry about are Massa and IMar, which puts him top 3 and a title contender.

Yeah, no need to even have a concern about Vincenzo Joseph or anyone else. 

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/1139144-165-lbs-finals-vincenzo-joseph-penn-st-vs-isaiah-martinez-illinois#.WQCiB_krJPY

No Minnesota dislike? I'm guessing you're not a real Iowa fan.

I knew I was leaving some pud school out haha

I root for Iowa and Iowa only. I do like seeing some other programs do well because I respect their struggle (imagine trying to get kids at Princeton "oh you have a 4.2 but only a 31 on your ACT? Wait list")

Go Hawks!

I knew I was leaving some pud school out haha

I root for Iowa and Iowa only. I do like seeing some other programs do well because I respect their struggle (imagine trying to get kids at Princeton "oh you have a 4.2 but only a 31 on your ACT? Wait list")

Go Hawks!

You can get into an Ivy league school as a student athelte with a 3.0 and 1200 SAT score.  

You can get into an Ivy league school as a student athelte with a 3.0 and 1200 SAT score.  

You can also get in with a 4.2 and 31 if you are an American Indian like the esteemed Senator from Massachusetts (D) Elizabeth Warren. 

elizabeth-warren.jpg

Edited by TBar1977

He made a mental error against Valencia, that's it. 4th place as a true freshman basically up a weight at the Midlands in a stacked field has me very high on him. He will AA and top 5.

I think his pace will be too much for Lewis, who folds late in matches. Cenzo caught lightning in a bottle and will come back to Earth. Only 2 I really worry about are Massa and IMar, which puts him top 3 and a title contender.

Who did Marinelli beat last season, or at Midlands, to make you think he is so good?

I like him. He has potential. I see no justification for being confident he is a title contender. 

Why are you discussing Elizabeth Warren's ethnicity and posting derogatory pictures of her?

Pretty sure that is called a meme, or humorous image, posted because she got into Harvard based on a claim of Cherokee heritage that one, she could not prove, and two, many disbelieve. I thought of it when others posted what was required to get into an Ivy League school. BTW, there are approx 1000 such memes, or humorous images of Warren that proliferate the www. I guess when someone says stuff that few believe this is what can happen. 

Edited by TBar1977

Pretty sure that is called a meme, or humerous image, posted because she got into Harvard based on a claim of Cherokee heritage that one, she could not prove, and two, many disbelieve. I thought of it when others posted what was required to get into an Ivy League school. 

A racist meme. Seems inappropriate for these boards.