Sign in to follow this  
Plasmodium

Iowa lineup 2017-2018

A racist meme. Seems inappropriate for these boards. 

I will take it down if it offends you. No problem doing that. 

EDIT: I took it down. The image only remains in your reply post.  

BTW, that meme is not intended to offend Indians or to describe or demean them in any way, it is intended to point out that Warren is believed to have lied about her heritage, an Indian heritage self appropriated by Warren virtually solely to advance herself personally which should offend you far more than the meme used to point this out. And when Cherokee groups called her out on it what did she do? She refused to meet with them, this furthering the idea she was dishonest about her heritage. That is what the memes are about.  

Edited by TBar1977

I will take it down if it offends you. No problem doing that. 

EDIT: I took it down. The image only remains in your reply post.  

BTW, that meme is not intended to offend Indians or to describe or demean them in any way, it is intended to point out that Warren is believed to have lied about her heritage, an Indian heritage self appropriated by Warren virtually solely to advance herself personally which should offend you far more than the meme used to point this out. And when Cherokee groups called her out on it what did she do? She refused to meet with them, this furthering the idea she was dishonest about her heritage. That is what the memes are about.  

Got it

Trying to remove politics from the board...this is one of the few places where I am not constantly bombarded with politics. I think I would enjoy discussing this further with you, but I think the more we go down this path, the more annoying the board becomes. 

Got it

Trying to remove politics from the board...this is one of the few places where I am not constantly bombarded with politics. I think I would enjoy discussing this further with you, but I think the more we go down this path, the more annoying the board becomes. 

Agree. I should not have even gone there. Sorry. 

When was the last time the Hawkeyes finished below 5th big 10 and below 10th at NCAAs.

If Sorenson or Kemmerer go tits up somewhere along the line $hit is going to be beyond fugly

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is a prime example of where the forum goes off the deep end.  

Get a room please

The fact that every resident PSU nuthugger responded to it in some way made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that I reached my intended demographic.  Please continue with your day!

The fact that every resident PSU nuthugger responded to it in some way made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that I reached my intended demographic.  Please continue with your day!

We can't all swing from nutsack to nutsack the way you do. That would violate the laws of nature. 

125: Stickley/Wagner

133: Laux/Happel

141: Turk/Happel

149: Sorensen 

157: Kemerer 

165: Marinelli 

174: Young 

184: Wilcke 

197: Holloway 

285: Stoll 

I see 6 AAs, maybe 7 if someone can sneak onto the podium out of 125-141 or 197.  Sorensen + Kemerer as finalists. Hoping Stoll can come back healthy. I think 4th is possible, but Marinelli and Stoll will both need to place high. 5th/6th is probably more likely for the team. 

I think Iowa is talented enough to finish 4th next year too, I really do. But they could fall as low as 6th is anything at all goes not according to plan.

not doing any heavy analysis right this sec but I do think all this talk of 'out of the top 10' is a bit off-assuming Iowa stays healthy of course.  

I see 6 AAs, maybe 7 if someone can sneak onto the podium out of 125-141 or 197. Sorensen + Kemerer as finalists. Hoping Stoll can come back healthy. I think 4th is possible, but Marinelli and Stoll will both need to place high. 5th/6th is probably more likely for the team.

This line up is 2 AA maybe 3

5th - 7th big tens. 10-12 NCAAs

With 3 Hawks buying tickets to get in. Being a fan is one thing, but being delusional is just not healthy. Might want to check with JRob for xanax that didn't go swimming.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I really only see 2 sure-fire AAs in the crop. They'll obviously get more because it's a talented group but there are really only 2 locks imo.

I think Stoll is a likely AA but not guaranteed. Wilcke has a decent shot because 84 (assuming he drops) is gutted with seniors this season. Holloway has a good shot as 97 is shallow. Marinelli is a safe bloodround bet but I'm not sure he AAs because 65 is so deep. The rest are young and largely unproven/don't have the track record at lower levels for me to feel safe about it. This is the must vulnerable they've looked in a long time. 

I think Iowa is talented enough to finish 4th next year too, I really do. But they could fall as low as 6th is anything at all goes not according to plan.

Now see that I can agree with that.

This is disheartening.  Wrestling's popularity is hurt when the heel doesn't have a real shot at winning - 4th just isn't going to cut it.  Hopefully, the Hawks can do much better than that next year.  If not, perhaps either tOSU or PSU should consider turning heel.  Wrestling is a morality play and there needs to be constant tension between the forces of good and evil - with the outcome always in doubt. JMHO though.

This is disheartening.  Wrestling's popularity is hurt when the heel doesn't have a real shot at winning - 4th just isn't going to cut it.  Hopefully, the Hawks can do much better than that next year.  If not, perhaps either tOSU or PSU should consider turning heel.  Wrestling is a morality play and there needs to be constant tension between the forces of good and evil - with the outcome always in doubt. JMHO though.

Iowa just finished 4th and is losing Gilman, Clark, Meyer and Brooks. Really don't see how they can crack the top 5 next year. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

I see 6 AAs, maybe 7 if someone can sneak onto the podium out of 125-141 or 197. Sorensen + Kemerer as finalists. Hoping Stoll can come back healthy. I think 4th is possible, but Marinelli and Stoll will both need to place high. 5th/6th is probably more likely for the team.

Who are the 6 AAs?

Who are the 6 AAs?

I could see Sorensen, Kemerer, Marinelli, Young, and Stoll, but wouldn't hold my breath about anybody else. But I don't see either Marinelli or Young very high up the All-American stand, and is Stoll going to get healthy? They'll likely finish top ten, certainly, but I see about 75 points as a ceiling for this team, and I'm not sure that'll be enough to get into the top five.

That said, other than Ohio State and Penn State, the rest of the upper-echelon does seem to be mildly weaker than this past year.

I see a clear top 3 with PSU, tOSU, and Oklahoma State. Okie State returns most of the team and generally have a really solid back-up in the weights where they graduated a senior- except possibly HWT. Michigan, IMO, leads the second tier right now with the guys they red-shirted last year returning to the line-up.

I see a clear top 3 with PSU, tOSU, and Oklahoma State. Okie State returns most of the team and generally have a really solid back-up in the weights where they graduated a senior- except possibly HWT. Michigan, IMO, leads the second tier right now with the guys they red-shirted last year returning to the line-up.

184 for Oklahoma State?

Edited by SetonHallPirate