Sign in to follow this  
bigmik

Is it time to get rid of the escape point?

How anyone cant rationalize getting rid of 1 point escapes is out of their mind. Seriously this isnt freestyle. Trying to get out from buttom when I guy is on top of you trying to hold you down and turn you deserves a point.

I've always hated the idea of bringing wrestlers back to their feet after a few seconds on top in freestyle. The parts I do like about freestyle are the back exposure point system.

As for switching the freestyle I also hate the idea of that. I much prefer folkstyle and I'm sure there are many many wrestlers out there that prefer it too.

This is off topic. Your entire second paragraph has nothing to do with the topic. You might as well talk about boxing, and how you hate boxing because it also doesn't give an escape point. That's just as irrelevant to the topic at hand as freestyle.

This is off topic. Your entire second paragraph has nothing to do with the topic. You might as well talk about boxing, and how you hate boxing because it also doesn't give an escape point. That's just as irrelevant to the topic at hand as freestyle.

I disagree that it's irrelvant. I was using an example of how its done in freestyle that i wouldnt want to see happen in folkstyle by removing the 1 point escape which be the natural progression of how things would evolve.

Boxing and wrestling are very different, there's enough similarities between folk and free to use them as an accurate comparison.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

And if you accused me of arguing to get rid of basketball, I would say you're right! I hate basketball and wish it would disappear. Wishful thinking on my part I guess.

The point is, it would be ridiculous to make that accusation by simply reading what you posted (before your last post). Do you understand now? It would be even more ridiculous if I continued with that accusation after you told me that that wasn't your motive.

The point is, it would be ridiculous to make that accusation by simply reading what you posted (before your last post). Do you understand now? It would be even more ridiculous if I continued with that accusation after you told me that that wasn't your motive.

And I told you that just because you say it's not your motive, doesn't mean I have to believe you. I'm not ramming it down your throat. I'm simply stating that that's what I think you're secretly getting at.

Can we get back on topic of 1 point escapes?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

And I told you that just because you say it's not your motive, doesn't mean I have to believe you. I'm not ramming it down your throat. I'm simply stating that that's what I think you're secretly getting at.

Can we get back on topic of 1 point escapes?

You have absolutely no reason to believe that I'm lying. Why is more likely that I'm lying than telling the truth? You are simply being hard headed. Edited by bigmik

You have absolutely no reason to believe that I'm lying. Why is more likely that I'm lying than telling the truth? You are simply being hard headed.

Why what I believe means anything or matters to you makes no sense to me.

I would like for you the stop hijacking the direction of this thread and get it back on topic of 1 point escapes. I clearly describes scenarios where 1 point escapes are necessary. Would you please get this thread back on track and address these scenarios?

Why what I believe means anything or matters to you makes no sense to me.

I would like for you the stop hijacking the direction of this thread and get it back on topic of 1 point escapes. I clearly describes scenarios where 1 point escapes are necessary. Would you please get this thread back on track and address these scenarios?

You have no basis for stubbornly holding on to the "opinion" you are holding onto. I told you repeatedly my intention, and nothing in my post can be read to indicate that I'm secretly advocating for a complete switch to freestyle wrestling.

You have no basis for stubbornly holding on to the "opinion" you are holding onto. I told you repeatedly my intention, and nothing in my post can be read to indicate that I'm secretly advocating for a complete switch to freestyle wrestling.

Fair enough, I will continue to believe what I want to believe. And you can believe what you want to believe. You have that right as do I. What I believe should not aefect you or your life. What you believe certainly doesn't effect me.

Now would be please address the scenarios I gave regarding 1 point escapes.

You must not be familiar with my posts. I openly hold to some opinions that bewildered, frustrate, upset, and confuse people. I have no reason to secretly try to push through my opinions. I'd state them openly and honestly if I felt that way.

Fair enough, I will continue to believe what I want to believe. And you can believe what you want to believe. You have that right as do I. What I believe should not aefect you or your life. What you believe certainly doesn't effect me.

Now would be please address the scenarios I gave regarding 1 point escapes.

It's not just about belief. You are repeatedly accusing me of telling a bold faced lie. And doing it without any legitimate evidence.

You must not be familiar with my posts. I openly hold to some opinions that bewildered, frustrate, upset, and confuse people. I have no reason to secretly try to push through my opinions. I'd state them openly and honestly if I felt that way.

That's great. Your opinion here certainly bewilders, frustrates, upsets, and confuses. The very notion of this topic bewilders, frustrates, upsets, and confuses me as well. Like you said, you created this thread and your rationalization to get rid of 1 point escapes hasn't alleviated my bewilderment, frustration, being upset or confusion regarding thus topic due to the scoring scenarios I laid out that you still haven't addressed.

Never said you lied. I said I didn't believe you.

"Second of all the whole idea of getting rid of the escape point is totally inline with how freestyle is done, so while you don't come out and directly say let's change folk to free, you certainly imply it. You can back pedal all you want but its pretty obvious what you're getting at."

You say I'm backpedaling. From what am I backpedaling?

"Second of all the whole idea of getting rid of the escape point is totally inline with how freestyle is done, so while you don't come out and directly say let's change folk to free, you certainly imply it. You can back pedal all you want but its pretty obvious what you're getting at."

You say I'm backpedaling. From what am I backpedaling?

In posts 5, 7 and 14 you mention and bring comparisons to freestyle. Second of all the mere notion to get rid of an escape point is inline with pushing the idea to make folkstyle more like freestyle because there seems to be this delusion on these forums by some people that switch NCAA to freestyle will suddenly make use superior to the Iranians. To me the idea of getting rid of 1 point escapes is completely assenine and to not be able to see the value in an escape being worth 1 point is well... idiotic.. And instituting .5 point scores... That's even more idiotic in my opinion. Edited by BigTenFanboy

In posts 5, 7 and 14 you mention and bring comparisons to freestyle. Second of all the mere notion to get rid of an escape point is inline with pushing the idea to make folkstyle more like freestyle because there seems to be this delusion on these forums by some people that switch NCAA to freestyle will suddenly make use superior to the Iranians. To me the idea of getting rid of 1 point escapes is completely assenine and to not be able to see the value in an escape being worth 1 point is well... idiotic.. And instituting .5 point scores... That's even more idiotic in my opinion.

From what am I backpedaling, sir?

From what am I backpedaling, sir?

Sir, you backpedaled from your denial of this having anything to do with any similarities to freestyle when you did mention similaries to freestyle in the aforemntioned posts sir. Furthermore, sir, your desire to remove 1 point escapes is consistent and inline with making folkstyle more similar to freestyle. Thus, sir, this is what, sir, you were backpedaling from sir, when you claimed, sir, that this, sir, had nothing, sir, to do with, sir, freestyle. Sir.

Sir, you backpedaled from your denial of this having anything to do with any similarities to freestyle when you did mention similaries to freestyle in the aforemntioned posts sir. Furthermore, sir, your desire to remove 1 point escapes is consistent and inline with making folkstyle more similar to freestyle. Thus, sir, this is what, sir, you were backpedaling from sir, when you claimed, sir, that this, sir, had nothing, sir, to do with, sir, freestyle. Sir.

Second of all the whole idea of getting rid of the escape point is totally inline with how freestyle is done, so while you don't come out and directly say let's change folk to free, you certainly imply it. You can back pedal all you want but its pretty obvious what you're getting at.

In context, you are claiming that I am, in fact, backpedaling from trying to push for a change from folk to freestyle.

You are a proponent for removing 1 point escapes. This is a fact as you stated this is what you would like to see. In freestyle if a wrestler gets out from bottom, he is not awarded an escape point. Therefore. Getting rid of escapes being 1 point will make folkstyle more similar to freestyle. You are for this change.

Therefore you are for changing folkstyle to be more like freestyle.

To you then backpedaled saying this has nothing to do with freestyle, which it certainly does.

Now back on topic. Review the scenarios please or leave the thread for taking things off topic.

You are a proponent for removing 1 point escapes. This is a fact as you stated this is what you would like to see. In freestyle if a wrestler gets out from bottom, he is not awarded an escape point. Therefore. Getting rid of escapes being 1 point will make folkstyle more similar to freestyle. You are for this change.

Therefore you are for changing folkstyle to be more like freestyle.

To you then backpedaled saying this has nothing to do with freestyle, which it certainly does.

Now back on topic. Review the scenarios please or leave the thread for taking things off topic.

You are either confused or intentionally trolling at this point.

No, the motive behind this post had nothing to do with wanting to secretly promote a change from folkstyle to freestyle. Wanting to remove the escape point has nothing to do with a goal of changing folk to freestyle.

"...So while you don't come out and directly say let's change folk to free, you certainly imply it."

I'm NOT implying this at all.

Edited by bigmik