Sign in to follow this  
LongShot

Delgado, "It's Personal" - Flo

Anyone have a problem with Flo's over the top headlines sometimes? It's like they are trying to create bad blood between wrestlers (more likely trying to gain hits). But they lead Delgado into the "its personal" talk.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... s-personal

This is just the latest example of many. Like Flo but this seems unnecessary.

I watched expecting to see some real donnybrook growing out of his comments, or Flo really baiting JD, but neither was the case. Thsi sport, like only a few others, is always personal. It is always you versus him, with no one to block for you, pick for you, cover for you, throw to you, pull for you. I did not sense any great animosity from Delgado, and his hesitation to say it was personal showed that, but in the end he thought about who was in the way of his goal, and yes - it is personal. Still, nothing to get upset over.

I have not always liked Flo's style, but have enjoyed the extra coverage that they have provided. But I have also unjoyed their interviews, which are often in the heat of the moment, casual, but a bit probing without crossing any lines. Seem like it is usually just one guy talking to another and asking questions much like you and I would. It is a refreshing change to most interviews that we see (e.g. Oprah interviewing Obama) with staged questions, ambiguous answers, and an audience that is left either confused, or more stupid for having heard the interview.

Anyone have a problem with Flo's over the top headlines sometimes? It's like they are trying to create bad blood between wrestlers (more likely trying to gain hits). But they lead Delgado into the "its personal" talk.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... s-personal

This is just the latest example of many. Like Flo but this seems unnecessary.

I watched the video and had no problem with it. Actually, it is the first time that I've heard Delgado interviewed and he came across as pretty intelligent and articulate. If every wrestler did this well with a microphone in his face it would change a lot of uninformed people's opinions.

But, on the broader topic of this thread, I find it a little ironic that other team sports have to invent one-on-one "rivalries" to drum up more fan interest - think David Stern in the NBA marketing his First Name Only stars (e.g. the promos were for Shaq vs Kobe, or whomever, not the team names). Same in the NFL, where they highlight that it is QB vs QB, and, oh yeah, those other 21 guys ("see Brady lead his Patriots against Manning..."). We have a sport that is naturally one guy versus another, and, given weight classes, and multiple matches (duals, in-season tourneys, end of season championships), they will see each other several times in their careers, naturally fueling rivalries and "revenge" matchups. I think we should market the hell out of it.

Guest Hammerlock3

no one is stupid enough to read the headline, incorporate the message and not watch the video.

"I watched schindlers list the other day. The guy made a huge list. probably the best movie about a list ever....thats my takeaway."