Sign in to follow this  
sansbarksdale

So FLO doesn't offer monthly subs anymore?

My month-to-month recurring membership was cancelled after I requested and received a refund for the PSU dual.  When I went to watch the Open, I discovered that I no longer had a membership and the only option available to me was a yearly subscription for $150.   I emailed Flo and inquired about the situation.  Wait for it...no response yet.  Shocking, I know.

Anyone else have issues with FloPro after purchasing through the app on AppleTV? 

For the OSU/Penn State dual, I purchased FloPro through the app. This weekend, I tried to access FloPro through a computer to watch the US Open, but my account was showing that I was not a subscriber (despite being able to access it on AppleTV). I contacted Flo, went back and forth with customer service providing screen shots of my bill that included the e-mail address for my account, and asked them numerous times for them to give me access to the service that I have paid for. Customer service was unwilling to grant me access to services on the computer and assisted that if I had access to it on my TV, I must have a seperate account set up (despite the bill clearly showing the same e-mail address was used). Eventually, they just stopped responding to my e-mails. 

At this point, I just hope that people like USA Wrestling and Oklahoma State stop conducting business with them so we can quit getting suckered into paying for their services.

At this point, I just hope that people like USA Wrestling and Oklahoma State stop conducting business with them so we can quit getting suckered into paying for their services.

You're not being suckered into anything. At this point you know you have abbot a 100% probability of an extremely bad product and a 100% chance of them blaming it on you. If you continue to give them money at this point I don't think "Sucker" is the correct term for you.

Keep this old proverb in mind. 

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. 

It's a shame USA Wrestling entered a partnership with Flo until December 2024. Flo has so many media rights we just have to put up with this and they know it. 

I had the opportunity to do the monthly membership, clicked on it for 15 a month and then was charged 150 for the year.  I reached out to them and have not heard anything back yet (hasn't been 24 hours so no worries).  I sent Husker_DU a pm and waiting for response.

It's a shame USA Wrestling entered a partnership with Flo until December 2024. Flo has so many media rights we just have to put up with this and they know it. 

No we don't. Quit giving  them money  and things will change immediately. 

You're not being suckered into anything. At this point you know you have abbot a 100% probability of an extremely bad product and a 100% chance of them blaming it on you. If you continue to give them money at this point I don't think "Sucker" is the correct term for you.

Keep this old proverb in mind. 

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. 

I hear you, but the alternative is not watching national/Olympic level wrestling. As a coach and fan, I'm stuck. 

What we need is someone else to step up and replace them. Didn't Trackwrestling get the rights to some age level events? If I were them, I'd be pumping out free content non-stop to get people over to their site (they've got to change that homepage though). Start interacting with more people on sites like twitter and facebook and associate a face with their brand. People are so PO'd at FLO that it really wouldn't take much. 

Edited by superbowlhomeboy

From the way I understand it all USAwrestling events are locked into a contract with FLO until 2024. How will things change immediately?

This exactly. THIS is how media rights work. We can bitch and complain, not give flo $, but they have exclusive video rights with USA Wrestling until 2024. They have rights liked this locked up across the country.

From the way I understand it all USAwrestling events are locked into a contract with FLO until 2024. How will things change immediately?

If true, they are only getting out if USA Wrestling can prove that some terms of the contract was not upheld in Flo's end due to continuous large broadcasting failures. While there are issues I'm not sure it proves enough of a large-scale continuous issue worthy of breaking the contract.

But if it's until 2024 that's a heck of a long-term contract USA Wrestling signed on for. Hope they got a nice deal from it considering how long they are locked in.

Anyone else have issues with FloPro after purchasing through the app on AppleTV? 

For the OSU/Penn State dual, I purchased FloPro through the app. This weekend, I tried to access FloPro through a computer to watch the US Open, but my account was showing that I was not a subscriber (despite being able to access it on AppleTV). I contacted Flo, went back and forth with customer service providing screen shots of my bill that included the e-mail address for my account, and asked them numerous times for them to give me access to the service that I have paid for. Customer service was unwilling to grant me access to services on the computer and assisted that if I had access to it on my TV, I must have a seperate account set up (despite the bill clearly showing the same e-mail address was used). Eventually, they just stopped responding to my e-mails. 

This +1

If true, they are only getting out if USA Wrestling can prove that some terms of the contract was not upheld in Flo's end due to continuous large broadcasting failures. While there are issues I'm not sure it proves enough of a large-scale continuous issue worthy of breaking the contract.

But if it's until 2024 that's a heck of a long-term contract USA Wrestling signed on for. Hope they got a nice deal from it considering how long they are locked in.

Not an expert in this field, but I'd bet Flo doesn't have the capital to pay them up front for the next 7 years and is probably paying as they go. If we stop buying and their cash Flo dries up, USA wrestling would have to look somewhere else. 

Edited by superbowlhomeboy

The guys from Flo are usually really quick on here, but not this thread.  I don't have Flo and am glad I didn't.  They should have an audio feed in case the video goes down.   If they would ever get it right, I would consider having an account.

mspart

Two things.

If USA doesn't have good enough lawyers to have multiple "Out" clauses somebody needs to be fired.

If Flo is losing money they will change their methods or drop wrestling. Either way it changes. 

Also immediately is being used euphemistically, not literally.  

Not an expert in this field, but I'd bet Flo doesn't have the capital to pay them up front for the next 7 years and is probably paying as they go. If we stop buying and their cash Flo dries up, USA wrestling would have to look somewhere else. 

How much do you really think they are paying for the streaming rights?  USAW used \to spend money to stream the events for free.  Now they are paid to have all the work done for them.  I doubt it's really THAT much.  

You can almost guarantee that these millions of dollars in venture capital were put into securing rights to future events. Rights = Locked down. Locked down = $$$

Edited by thefatman

I looked through those links. Man that's funny, they even screwed up BB.  The fact that they're even involved with BB shows they aren't really wrestlers. 

Edited by Zebra

Does anyone have direct contact information for willie or someone at flo.  I signed up for a monthly subscription but got charged for a yearly subscription.

They won't answer. Trust me.  I had a simple question about BIOs at events.  NOT ONE person at flo has ever responded, in ANY WAY, about my question.  Extremely unprofessional.