nom

CORRECT THROW IS GARBAGE

Avery has body lock.  Downey tries to throw Avery ... Downey back is exposed, Avery doesn't get exposed.  Who gets the 2?  Downey.  Garbage.  Basically was in trouble with Avery having the body lock so he says well, might as well get out of this and get points by doing an ineffective throw.    GARBAGE!!!!

Jaiden Eirmann just launched Oliver out of bounds and Oliver got 4 on it. Not sure what's going on with Freestyle throws anymore o.O

Dake did the same to Burroughs a few years back and Burroughs got 4.  I think it was the fact that Burroughs did not go to his back so the throw, while looking pretty cool going out of bounds, only exposed Dake's back.

mspart

Edited by mspart

Agree.  How was that not 4 for Eierman?  And JO is backing a lot.  Not impressed.    He is winning 7-1 but he should be losing 5-3.

this was an easy call, Airman stepped out of bounds before beginning his throw attempt, once you step out you can no longer score as the defensive guy, continuation only pertains to the offensive wrestler

I'd be willing to give a "high amplitude throw" that doesn't receive back exposure a 1 for the technique involved and the attempt itself. But this low level stuff definitely doesn't deserve a automatic 2 just for trying somethinng. That's basically any despiration attempt at the end of a match when your down points. That too valuable of of score that left to ref descresion at the end of a close match.

Edited by MadMardigain

I just see this one as tough to score - when is it a 'I'm in trouble bail out lets see what I can get' - and when is it an actual technical counter and/or throw. If they are going to keep it I like the idea of 1 point if there is no exposure 'and' the finish is in a defensible and/or offensive position. Kind of like what like Oliver did to Retherford. While no exposure that was a pretty slick looking move. 

Having said all of that, and I know what they are trying to do here; have more risk taken; I just don't see that it was needed. The rules were working fine. The quality of officials outside the world events just isn't good enough to make these kind of calls. I guess with the sport safe for now the UWW is being FILA all over again.   

So I'm watching this match at NCAAs, and it's really close. When time runs out in the third period, it's tied. But then, after time runs out, another point shows up on the board.  And I'm thinking, well, someone's asleep at the table.  But no... they raise the guy's hand!  The ref calls "riding time" and gave him a point for being on top for a long time earlier in the match.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!  What idiot on our rules committee is responsible for this?  Hanging's too good for him. Burning's too good for him! He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!