JB's days MAY be numbered but not but Kyle Dake. He is damn near as old and does not have the skills to consistently beat JB. Love both wrestlers but dont understand how people think JB is declining AND Dake has found the fountain of youth. But I also dont think Ringer is the answer. Maybe Valencia or better yet MH.

I thought Dake would finally pull ahead.

I thought he would find a way like he did in the world cup. Don't forget, he is a really good 'wrestler'. Something that seems to have gotten lost because he was so athletic. 

Dake's whining doesn't help his case. For a 4 time NCAA champ he's got some pretty thin skin.

All this guy does is cry and complain about loosing, Well now he cant say that its not fair JB and Him wrestled the Tournament and JB won.  I think KD is pretty darn close and if he had more international tournaments he would be ranked I just think him and JB are getting to know what the other one does so hard to complain about them not doing much.

0 Takedowns for Dake, and he spent the entire match in a three point stance.  You can't complain about the ref when you do that.

Burroughs isn't what he used to be, that's for sure.  Dake isn't any better though, unfortunately.  Either way, no matter who we send, we are no longer dominant at 74 kg.  

I can't see how people are complaining about JB's hands the to the face..He has done that his entire career.  Remember when Belarus was tossed from a world semifinals for almost starting a fight because of it?

JB's days MAY be numbered but not but Kyle Dake. He is damn near as old and does not have the skills to consistently beat JB. Love both wrestlers but dont understand how people think JB is declining AND Dake has found the fountain of youth. But I also dont think Ringer is the answer. Maybe Valencia or better yet MH.

I think Hall is the heir apparent. He is a better at freestyle than folkstyle and he will probably be able to make this weight for his career.

I'm a fan and I can say He is pretty liberal with hands to the face, so I can see it happening quite often for him.

My point is if Retherford's hand to the face was worthy of a call, JB should've been disqualified. He literally 1-2 slap punched Dake straight in the face and didn't even get cautioned. 

As a JB fan, he should have lost that match.  Dake was better the whole match through.  at the end with the possible step out, isn't the out of bounds considered a cylinder?   Just because his hand didn't touch the out of bounds doesn't mean he wasn't out of bounds before the time ran our.  This is the first time I have felt bad for Kyle losing to Jordan, and it is just.

0 Takedowns for Dake, and he spent the entire match in a three point stance.  You can't complain about the ref when you do that.

Burroughs isn't what he used to be, that's for sure.  Dake isn't any better though, unfortunately.  Either way, no matter who we send, we are no longer dominant at 74 kg.  

I can't see how people are complaining about JB's hands the to the face..He has done that his entire career.  Remember when Belarus was tossed from a world semifinals for almost starting a fight because of it?

Not dominant but still able to win or place at least for this year. Did you watch the World Cup? Then beats Dake. 

Are you on the payroll?

Wish I could say I was. Just stating what I observed. They were on people all weekend for dropping to a 3-point stance and called it for passivity routinely. They let Dake get away with it nearly the entire match so I don't feel bad for him at all for not getting the hands to the face call he was looking for. I honestly think part of his strategy was to stay in that stance and take hands to the face in hopes of getting points out of it. It didn't happen and he ultimately threw a massive tantrum after the match. I have no stake in this fight and I would be fine with Dake being our rep if he ultimately takes the spot in June. Just stating I think the outcome and officiating was justified based on how they made calls all weekend. 

Dake wrestled a very smart match.  JB wrestles from space and mauls the face and head.  If you try to fully engage you have to walk right into his best offense.  I don't think Dake tripoding is any different than what JB does.  Instead of having to walk into JB he made JB come engage, which of course ended up getting more hands to the face and the head than he would have the other way, but he didn't have to fight off another half dozen double legs either.

I disagree. Yazdani and Geaduav are up a weight. Dake or JB would win worlds.

Burroughs has always been pretty dirty, in my book, but that was egregious.  Dake has every right to call USAW on their bull**** because they were calling much less than that all weekend and they not only balked on calling it on the celebrity and gave him multiple calls to boot. 

Oh noooo, what's Dake going to do now that he has to wrestle the entire mini tournament AND THEN beat JB 2 out of 3?  Isn't that the reason he ran from Burroughs the last time?  Wasn't that the real reason JB beat him 4 times in a row?    

If that match proved anything, it proved that Dake certainly hasn't opened up any kind of gap on Burroughs.  Wrestling from a tripod is lame and should be called passive every time.     

Agree. Dake won. That was so bad that I consider Dake 1-4 against JB. Pathetic!

I'd consider Dake 1-4 against JB for the time he took a match into OT when he should have won by UWW rules at the time more than what happened tonight. Get over it. He lost.

Dieringer is NOT the answer at 74 for the US. He's not anywhere near athletic or quick enough to threaten for a medal consistently. Mark Hall is our most likely medal threat here in a couple years IMO with a few other studs in the ranks behind him.