Penn State didn't have a bad night. 

Molinaro won. 

Taylor won.

Bo Nickal showed he is very close to Richard Perry.

Nolf loses 9-8 to James Green is a very good result, even if not the one Jason wanted. Nolf is closing that gap.

Zain won in my book the same way NaTo beat Mr Stare Down. Both of them totally outwrestled their opponents. 

I still do not understand how Zain lost. Honestly! Varner was telling Oliver you know you lost right? Oliver looked like he wanted some of Varner...ha! That was some very bad officiating. Maybe the worst ever!

I think they gave Oliver that new crap "almost" call or "correct throw", which means he didn't get control or exposure but since he gave it the old college try they gave him 2 points. Add those 2 points to the other 2 points they gave him and he ends up with 4 to Zain's 3. 

Three matches frost my flakes tonight, and Nolf and Nickal are not two of them. 

That is correct. But cmon. Any rematch Zain is gonna smoke him. He won in all positions. He had his hand raised but he lost. Domestically I have never said that before in any match. I always respected the result. But that was simply wrong.

No guarantee Zain beats him in the rematch. That match looked to be in Zain's favor, but it can easily be turned around. Both made a few tactical mistakes that can be fixed next match. Oliver's mistakes are as easily fixable as Zain's. I'd like to see a rematch.

I still do not understand how Zain lost. Honestly! Varner was telling Oliver you know you lost right? Oliver looked like he wanted some of Varner...ha! That was some very bad officiating. Maybe the worst ever!

It's that correct throw rule, which is horrible for the sport. People should start showing their unhapiness with this new rule on UWW twitter, facebook, wherever, just let them know.

I think they gave Oliver that new crap "almost" call or "correct throw", which means he didn't get control or exposure but since he gave it the old college try they gave him 2 points. Add those 2 points to the other 2 points they gave him and he ends up with 4 to Zain's 3. 

Three matches frost my flakes tonight, and Nolf and Nickal are not two of them.

I forgot about that 2 points they gave Oliver. Zain has to keep his hands away from the face. He suffers from chronic "hands to the face syndrome. The refs are calling that more aggressively this year. Oliver appeared to have a big bruise on his face due to Zain's hands.

If they called the last two points a "correct throw" then that is the way the rules read. Like it or not. He attempted a throw, elevated his opponents hips but doe to his opponent adjusting he did not expose. That's the way the rule has been explained to me. I'm assuming that rule will change after this tournament. Maybe one point for it but not two. Two points doesn't make sense. Either way, Oliver won by the rules for this tournament. Who knows what happens tomorrow or at WTT.

It's that correct throw rule, which is horrible for the sport. People should start showing their unhapiness with this new rule on UWW twitter, facebook, wherever, just let them know.

Correct throw rule is dumber than the clinch. Sorry:-) Oliver got all 4 of his points given to him by absurd calls. Not being biased........ I hope they rematch at trials and my money is on Zain. 

They added the rule to encourage guys to go for throws im guessing, but to basically award someone for poor technique in their throw is a joke. Oliver was no where near exposure or even remotely a takedown.

Edited by maolsen

Correct throw rule is dumber than the clinch. Sorry:-) Oliver got all 4 of his points given to him by absurd calls. Not being biased........ I hope they rematch at trials and my money is on Zain.

The hands to the face was the correct call. Zain shouldn't be giving up cheap points like that.

The hands to the face was the correct call. Zain shouldn't be giving up cheap points like that.

True. If anything I hope he learns and adjusts before trials. I just want the best wrestler to win. Zain scored on 3 technical moves. Oliver 0. Just a bad taste in my mouth after watching that.

By the rules (you know the great and almighty freestyle rules), Oliver won that match. No disputing that. Hands to face like that should be called caution and 2 & the elevator/high flyer should be called 2 for Oliver. Thought Zain looked incredibly defensive...nothing but re-attacks. Green didn't look very in shape but he was dominating before his gas tank hit E.

Iowa boy Ramos, won of course. When you've got Hawkeye in your blood...all you do is win.

Dieringer looks vastly improved, I think all he cared about was this match and it almost cost him against Marsteller and Valencia.

I disagree Derringer had one committed attack, all he did was tie Dake up and stay low so Dake couldn't do anything, granted Kyle didn't do much either, But i wouldn't say Derringer closed the gap ability wise

Zain has always been a little obnoxious with his hands to the face (Pico called him out for this years ago and said he'd be happy to beat him in a boxing match too of he wanted to be so chippy). I do disagree with the last 2 points, but if that's what they want to push then it is what it is I suppose.