Damn, Nickal just wasted PD III. 

Hate to use wasted for that finish.  Trapped arm gut and a less than enthusiastic fight by Downey.  Another part of Freestyle I am not a fan of.  Scoring 10 pts with the same hold flopping back and forth like a fish was never an aspect of golf(lol, watching golf on tv as I typed this), I mean Freestyle I got into.  But, it is a great move in Freestyle and as long as you can score big points that way, congrats to those that can use that technique to their advantage!  Nickal is very dangerous in both styles.

Edited by MSU158

Hate to use wasted for that finish.  Trapped arm gut and a less than enthusiastic fight by Downey.  Another part of Freestyle I am not a fan of.  Scoring 10 pts with the same hold flopping back and forth like a fish was never an aspect of golf(lol, watching golf on tv as I typed this), I mean Freestyle I got into.  But, it is a great move in Freestyle and as long as you can score big points that way, congrats to those that can use that technique to their advantage!  Nickal is very dangerous in both styles.

Fair point. I saw the match. You are right, no sense he would have dominated if not for the gut. PDIII is such an unappealing guy I kind of just went for it. 

Hard to win 15 minutes after an absolute war against a physical beast with a well rested stud waiting for you.

He kind of quit but I'd love to see a fresh PD3 vs Nickal. McRib is good.

This is also fair. The way they tear through matches as the US open is crazy. 

What was your analysis?

Fluke? Or Dieringer being cautious

Dieringer was one of the best in D1 at adjusting to a wrestler once he had wrestled him.  He makes great adjustments and looked like he knew what would work this time right away.

Heflin with the win. The non pin was a bigger travesty than the JO or Ramos wins. Sh!t show reffing from UWW.

Which Ramos win was bad?  And Why?  I didn't watch the Perrelli match so maybe that was it?  I didn't see anything against NaTo that stood out to me.  If it was that match, what did I miss?

What really annoys me about the penalty 2 against Retherford is that Oliver must of clubbed Zain in the head 5 times after falling behind 3-0 and didn't even get a warning. Then the ref goes out of his way to call what appeared to be a pretty benign shove to the forehead a major infraction. Piss poor officiating.

The officiating was fine inform what I seen. Zain can't keep going to the face. There's a lot more leeway going to the head.

getting the double review for the same sequence in Marinelli-McFadden.  Again, came away with different results.  What kind of sport is this?

WTH was even being reviewed?  I had no volume and never saw that as anything other than a takedown for Alex from the very beginning?

Has Iowa ever gone out-of-state for a head coach?  Maybe its just me, but I have the impression that they'd want a former Hawkeye or someone with close ties to the state. 

As a big Mark Perry fan, I would love to see the Hawks break the bank to get hi mover to Iowa City and some relief for the bleeding going on in Hawk land.   It isn't likely to get better under the current regime and i truly believe the writing is on  the wall.   I'm headed to the tournament in just a few minutes, and I can tell you there's grumblings in the stands about what Tom and Terry have done to that once proud program.    Perry to Iowa, I believe that happens soon.