Sign in to follow this  
jmachinder

Jr. World Team this year?

Am I crazy or does USA have the potential for a really great Jr. World Freestyle team this year?  I assume Spencer Lee will show up for the WTT.  Is Colin Moore still eligible as a junior?  Lee, Fix, McKee, Diakomahalis, Hall, Valencia, Steveson?  Not a pipe dream to think they could do it.   

Kollin Moore brings way too much to the table for Warner to keep up with (right now). Just my opinion, for what it's worth..

I think this year's junior world team will be incredibly solid. I am excited to see what our new heavy will do (assuming, of course, that Steveson makes it on the team). I think this will be a real test for him. Lee would of course make the team that much tougher, but we are still probably a top 3 team behind only Russia and Iran (and could this be the year we pull ahead? Possibly...)

Yianni is awesome, but I am rooting for Kanen Storr. 

Anyone see Kraisser vs. Carr? Kraisser had him and exposed his own back with his own move with like 2 seconds left. The ref didn't call it, but they got him on replay. 

Edited by TBar1977

Question on this point.  I see many freestyle guys expose their own back, quite often, and not get called for it.  And it occurs when the other guy does not expose their back.

Specifically when they try to turn someone.  They will commit to the leg lace or the gut wrench so hard that they roll their own bodies enough to expose their own back.  The other guy resists and doesn't go.  No points.  I think this makes sense.  

But at the same time, if a wrestler doesn't have control and they do some funk to get control, and proactively roll across their own back, that is 2 points for the other guy right?  

Curious how the rules are written that allow for the differentiation in the two situations.

Question on this point.  I see many freestyle guys expose their own back, quite often, and not get called for it.  And it occurs when the other guy does not expose their back.

Specifically when they try to turn someone.  They will commit to the leg lace or the gut wrench so hard that they roll their own bodies enough to expose their own back.  The other guy resists and doesn't go.  No points.  I think this makes sense.  

But at the same time, if a wrestler doesn't have control and they do some funk to get control, and proactively roll across their own back, that is 2 points for the other guy right?  

Curious how the rules are written that allow for the differentiation in the two situations.

I have no idea, but Kraisser was winning by 1 point and with 3 seconds left Kraisser initiates action to try to turn Carr and ends up losing the match for it. He sits there he wins. He goes for more and they penalize him whilst Carr does NOTHING, and the end up raising Carr's hand. 

This match and the Zain-Oliver and Ramos-NaTo matches turned my stomach tonight. 

they are rewarding the offensive wrestler (who just scored offensive points to have the opportunity to be on top) by allowing him to attempt to turn, but if there is no control then its a reckless exposure

You don't need to control your opponent after the throw to score in freestyle. As in, you can throw someone away from you and if he goes across his back as a result the throw scores. But you can think of it as a form of control since you do have control of him during the initial part of the throw.

But in a gut situation, when you put yourself in a precarious situation he has no control at all so no score unless he can hold you there or cause you to have to switch directions to get off.

Warner will beat Moore. He's been training with Burak, Brooks, and Telford. He's more than ready! I hope they pull his redshirt next year, he will take some losses but he could be a champ!

Hahahahahahhahaahahahahahaha. Burial brooks and Telford do not compare to Snyder and dlagnev. Moore will probably tech him if they meet. Hands down Moore is a superior wrestler at this point in their careers.

Hahahahahahhahaahahahahahaha. Burial brooks and Telford do not compare to Snyder and dlagnev. Moore will probably tech him if they meet. Hands down Moore is a superior wrestler at this point in their careers.

Thank God somebody's on this message board has put the hash pipe down. Warner has no shot of beating Moore. Working with Telford, Burak & Brooks may not be the thing to best help your freestyle IMO.

Kollin Moore brings way too much to the table for Warner to keep up with (right now). Just my opinion, for what it's worth..

I think this year's junior world team will be incredibly solid. I am excited to see what our new heavy will do (assuming, of course, that Steveson makes it on the team). I think this will be a real test for him. Lee would of course make the team that much tougher, but we are still probably a top 3 team behind only Russia and Iran (and could this be the year we pull ahead? Possibly...)

Agreed that Moore will be the favorite.  But Warner has been a wrecking ball lately.  If he gets in some quality training with the boys of Iowa, he should at least make it interesting. 

And nobody called that but I will have called Warner over Moore in June.

Moore is proven at age level.  Yianni was not.  Cadet is SIGNIFICANTLY different than Juniors, which is still much different than Seniors. 

So... On that note... Moore over Warner all day long, unless Warner proves himself against those that are age level, both Juniors AND Seniors.

Also, Moore's training partner is the Boy King, and Boy King > than anyone Iowa can throw at Warner.