WalterWhite

Flo open up a gofundme to upgrade your servers. I would pay.

We already pay for this go fund me, it's called our monthly subscriptions. 

Missed all of JB/Dake and a lot of the other matches as well. What have I been paying for?  Seems like the only technology they are on top of is making sure I can't watch anything on my phone and computer at the same time... The leeway I gave them for being a 'wrestling' company is definitely over with. 

Edited by HuskyHero133

What does this have to do with the topic at hand, Flo's consistently ****ty coverage in big events? Seriously? They're ripping their customers off and you post some kind of feel good story about them?

In my politest and non-snarkiest voice possible.

"You missed the point, please note this story popping up yesterday is interesting timing considering the issues experienced by customers"

You people keep going back and taking bites of the same rotten apple. At some point you'll realize they do not have anything you absolutely must have. Do not give them your hard earned cash and you will be better off in the end.  

So much this....the OSU/Penn St debacle was the last straw for me. ESPN streamed the NCAA tournament flawlessly for free, these bozo's don't even care about their paying customers.

Rich Bender on how to monetize the sport because leadership is incapable of figuring out how to provide an accessible streaming service of their very best products, such as the US open and Team Trials. Seems to take a level of pride in what's going on.

It's not worth the aggravation, you wait for weeks to watch an event and you can never watch it. I can't believe I ever paid for the privilege of getting pissed off over and over again.

I canceled yesterday and I hope others will as well. What is their motivation to fix the problem when they get away with having horrible service? Best case scenario is that everybody cancels and they go under and a competent company gets the rights to big events. Worse case scenario is that I'll never have to get pissed off about missing an event I was paying to see.

They are adding more sports.

You must use the term sports very loosely.

FloSinging

FloBand

FloDance

Flo"Pro"Wrestling

FloFitness

FloRacing

FloClimbing

FloFightingVideoGames

FloCompetativeCheer

Currently 24 Verticals in all. And I think a few could even be combined to help streamline thing. FloTrack & FloMileSplit, FloGrappling & FloCombat, FloCheer & FloVarsity (Competetive Cheer), even FloBand & FloSinging.

Business strategy has to be to latch onto as many frindge sports type activities as possible and see if a couple stick enough to make money. Unfortunately that model is starting to pull big resources away from the some of the companies base ventures which have been their steady revenue stream.

At some point either they need to cut the verticals that are taking up the resources which could have been allocated to positive revenue streams. But right now it looks like the current goal is to keep adding more verticals and hope one of them hits the next lottery of cash flow. For them I hope it works but stretching things too much may end up causing them to loose a lot of the market share in the verticals which have traditionally been their foundations.

Edited by MadMardigain

You must use the term sports very loosely.

FloSinging

FloBand

FloDance

Flo"Pro"Wrestling

FloFitness

FloRacing

FloClimbing

FloFightingVideoGames

Currently 24 Verticals

Business strategy has to be to latch onto as many frindge sports type activities as possible and see if a couple stick enough to make money. Unfortunately that model is starting to pull big resources away from the some of the companies base ventures which have been their steady revenue stream.

At some point either they need to cut the verticals that are taking up the resources which could have been allocated to positive revenue streams. But right now it looks like the current goal is to keep adding more verticals and hope one of them hits the next lottery of cash flow. For them I hope it works but stretching things too much may end up causing them to loose a lot of the market share in the verticals which have traditionally been their foundations.

They have added and abandoned multiple over their years in business.  Some of them they have circled back to, I think.

They're adding sports to become a combined force. I doubt thy care if only one makes it. They want the combined media company to take off and compete with (probably get bought by) a major media company like ESPN. We are stuck with the growing pains toward that goal.

the problem is they have an infrastructure that is capable of handling the live stream of 7th and 8th grade rocky mountain nationals viewership perfectly (aka 30 people).  as soon as they put any sort of load or burden in an event such as the US Open or National Duals, everything falls apart because the infrastructure cannot handle the traffic.

then they have customer service folks that are paid $8/hr to recite from a script that your ISP is the one causing the problem (a la Mediacom mindset)

yo willie, i know you read these Flo bashing threads.  Have your people call my people, we can get you setup with an infrastructure that is capable to deliver a good experience from a technical aspect.  just gotta convince martin and the others to open up there pocketbooks.  we have financing options available ;)

the problem is they have an infrastructure that is capable of handling the live stream of 7th and 8th grade rocky mountain nationals viewership perfectly (aka 30 people).  as soon as they put any sort of load or burden in an event such as the US Open or National Duals, everything falls apart because the infrastructure cannot handle the traffic.

then they have customer service folks that are paid $8/hr to recite from a script that your ISP is the one causing the problem (a la Mediacom mindset)

yo willie, i know you read these Flo bashing threads.  Have your people call my people, we can get you setup with an infrastructure that is capable to deliver a good experience from a technical aspect.  just gotta convince martin and the others to open up there pocketbooks.  we have financing options available ;)

The blaming your Internet is the worst.  Why bother answering calls/emails if you are going to bold face lie like that?  We know that you (Flo) know that it's not our internet's fault.  Why would you insult us while paying someone to "resolve" our problems?

I cancelled my FLO subscription after the PSU-OSU dual.  It stunk to not be able to watch the US Open.  But I did not regret my decision a single time.

Had trouble accessing FloPro content this weekend. Customer service repeatedly told me that my account did not exist, until I sent them a screen shot showing them that I was logged in to the account that they claimed did not exist and had been a member since 2007. They then stopped responding to my e-mails...

Horrible product. Horrible customer service. 

I have pretty much lowered my expectations of this operation and the people running it who are nothing more than scam artists. I am satisfied with their product about 60% of the time.

I have pretty much lowered my expectations of this operation and the people running it who are nothing more than scam artists. I am satisfied with their product about 60% of the time.

I'm 100% satisfied as I give them no money. Right from the beginning I had zero faith they were going to deliver on any of their promises and I stayed away from them completely. I don't visit their website and in general avoid them whenever possible. In fact now that I no longer travel to the national tournaments I don;t even have to be int eh same room with them, bonus for me. 

I cancelled y bank card 2 years ago, just to be able to cancel the service.   They would not stop billing me for months and months, despite cancelling.    Finally I cancelled the card.      I went ahead and kept my pappy's account active and we watch the non live events at his home.   For live events I either attend, or i watch replays days later.    Flo is not wroth the headache.   My  pappy no longer watches, so I'm probably cancelling his account too.  This time I put it on a pre paid card.    

Witherman - What price range are you talking to upgrade servers or whatever to allow Flo to run smoothly without a hitch ? $10K, $50K, $100? $1million ?  What kind of investment is needed ? 

there's absolutely no way to know without having in depth conversations on their current infrastructure, conversations with their network engineers and understanding their current load across all platforms as well as projected growth from the number crunchers on the other side of the wall.

depending on their appetite for growth (which from the surface seems rather large) and their current infrastructure it could easily creep into the 7 figure range.

seems like a large number at the surface, but when you start talking about taking on ESPN, NBC Sports and the likes who have tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars invested in infrastructure, the old saying "you need to pay to play" becomes very evident.