Sign in to follow this  
LImartin

REAL SHOTs

Watching Grajales and Massa ....wonder if they ever take any REAL shots. Wonder if an Official can offer a reason not to put up a fist ?? You cant sell this Sport- if, there isnt any action and wrestlers just waiting to counter. For the viewer it is not enjoyable. For the Sport it is not any good. JMO.

JMO- To make this sport ENJOYABLE- VIEWABLE for everyone...:30 increments should be officiated toward stalling calls. Many of these stalemates are stall-mates.

matside official would be in charge of stalling clock...and he would raise a flag- mat official to honor it or store it accordingly. Could also, help OT matches. Penalties would be assessed- and- would determine a victor in a tied match at the end of regulation.

The constant worrying and complaining about "stalling" and the ridiculous ideas that get tossed out there to eliminate it overlooks the fact that it would handcuff counter wrestlers' styles (and, yes, there are many of them) and would completely allow an official to take the game out of such wrestlers' hands.

Let's not get too excited over "stalling." What people think that it is today is becoming almost worse for the sport than the actual "stalling." When I wrestled, you took a guy down and rode him out. Final score was usually 3-2, or something similar to that. It's WRESTLING.

The constant worrying and complaining about "stalling" and the ridiculous ideas that get tossed out there to eliminate it overlooks the fact that it would handcuff counter wrestlers' styles (and, yes, there are many of them) and would completely allow an official to take the game out of such wrestlers' hands.

Let's not get too excited over "stalling." What people think that it is today is becoming almost worse for the sport than the actual "stalling." When I wrestled, you took a guy down and rode him out. Final score was usually 3-2, or something similar to that. It's WRESTLING.

Too late, the match is already out of the wrestler's hands and the officials are not holding up their end of the rule changes that are already in place.

Those counter-wrestlers you spoke about are stalling if they aren't providing their own offense. Counter wrestling is part of the sport, yes, but you should have the whole package or you will pay for it. Whether it's stalling calls or take-downs because of a poor shot you choose. No action is bad for the sport.

Too late, the match is already out of the wrestler's hands and the officials are not holding up their end of the rule changes that are already in place.

Those counter-wrestlers you spoke about are stalling if they aren't providing their own offense. Counter wrestling is part of the sport, yes, but you should have the whole package or you will pay for it. Whether it's stalling calls or take-downs because of a poor shot you choose. No action is bad for the sport.

So long to Ty Eustice's runner up finish then. He was the prototypical counter wrestler, and the first name that I thought of when I posted this.

If wrestling is boring for you, then maybe another sport is in order. It's a part of the sport of wrestling.

Only the counter wrestlers are boring to me, if you don't like offense maybe you should watch Soccer or Hockey.

Backing up and waiting for the other guy to shoot is stalling, sorry if you don't like the rules. If the officials would call them consistently there would be no problems.

JMO- To make this sport ENJOYABLE- VIEWABLE for everyone...:30 increments should be officiated toward stalling calls. Many of these stalemates are stall-mates.

matside official would be in charge of stalling clock...and he would raise a flag- mat official to honor it or store it accordingly. Could also, help OT matches. Penalties would be assessed- and- would determine a victor in a tied match at the end of regulation.

Let's just cut all the BS and just have the ref conduct a ball grab at the beginning of the match.

FLO ??? lol. Dude, excuse me...Maam, I never needed FLO- I gave them my touch. They should have run with it. I am the LIVING LEGEND- The Human Train wreck....the ONE that everyone cant stand listening to yet, cant stop replying. Just like you....MY BIOTCHES !!!

I hate, and yes I do mean hate, when people bash the sport in any way whatsoever. Please read this next sentence in a crying little baby voice. They need to make it better for me, I don't like it when two guys pit themselves on a mat willing to put what ever they can on the line and test themselves in the most amazing contest in the world if one guy isn't so much better than the other guy that he beats him by a whole bunch of points. Just watch the chess match that is going on and try to learn something from these amazing warriors. By the way, I did have some success with a counter wrestling strategy, and I never waited for my opponent to do anything, I made him shoot by baiting, or giving him what I wanted him to have.

epek,

I understand what you are saying yet, the Sport does have Rules- and the INTERPRETATION of the rules are being questioned in this thread. Of course COUNTERING- GOOD DEFENSE- ETC. ETC. are all facets of the Sport but, the STALLING going on has become epidemic. The RULE is in place- it is just not being called.

Much of the wrestling today is in neutral- if, no one is attempting than it can really get ugly. The only one who can control this is the Official.