Sign in to follow this  
cangemi

was the officiating poor at us open?

I watched some matches on line so I  cant say I had best view.

Forget the match but was pretty bad Dubugue was having a fit and he was correct. The Heflin match the referee was on wrong side and didn't have balls to call the pin on Nickal. That was clear as hell!. The Burroughs hands to face was obvious repeat violations and once again not called. Just came away thinking "the wrong guy one". 

As far as Rutheford I was not able see the repeat so I can not say IF JO was able to get two.

Seemed to have a lot of  inconsistency through out.

Frank C

I think the rules are to blame for the most part

Giving away 2 points for infractions is crazy. It gave the match to the worse wrestler multiple times.

Correct throw? You mean a throw that doesn't work? Why does that deserve points?

Yes. This. I don't blame the refs, I blame the system.

Very poor refereeing.  There's just no way to ignore the hands to the face calls.    Rutherford gives up 2 points for a less egregious action than what Burroughs is allowed to skate by with.    It hurts wrestling.    It really hurts the integrity of the path to the championship, when these types of things are allowed.    

The correct throw almost makes sense in a style like greco where next to nothing usually happens. Gotta get points on the board one way or another, so you might as well give almost exposures points, right?

How experienced and battle tested are the refs in the US? They look lost out there. Very weak officiating and very inconsistent imo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007

Unfortunately I have to say that some refs did not appear to have the same experience level as others, I also thought some of these new rules ( 2 pts., and correct throw ), need to be run up the chain of command and rescinded. Another blogger posted about the subjectivity of the shot clock, and I thought that complaint was spot on. My feeling is If Wrestler A is holding the center, and B isn't, after a reasonable amount of time B should be put on the shot clock. Also if A is making all the attempts such as shooting or working for a hold, and B isn't, then B should be on the shot clock. This should occur when there is little or no score. It should also occur if after a "reasonable" period time it becomes obvious that one of the wrestlers is no longer making any attempt to score. Now the key word is reasonable. These late end of the match ten second flurries isn't one of those times unless the other wrestler is actively running away or failing to engage.