Sign in to follow this  
rpm002

World Team

Ramos

Stieber

JO

Green

Burroughs

Cox (unless he doesn't show to WTT, then Taylor)

Snyder

Gwiz

Would prefer to see a new light weight take over, but Ramos is basically assured the starting spot at this point. The rest of the team looks very solid. Probably not going to get a medal out of Ramos, JO or Gwiz with how tough those weights are internationally, but I think it's realistic to get some form of hardware at each other weight.

Garrett

Stieber

Kennedy

Green

Burroughs

Taylor

Snyder

Gwiz

Kennedy? Really? I could understand predicting that Zain or Molinaro upsets JO(I would not predict it but I could understand it). I don't see Kennedy even getting to JO let alone beating him. Surprised you would make that prediction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramos (wins a weak weight)
Stieber (a step above)
Molinaro (intensity wins it in three matches)
Green (a step above)
JB (finds a way - again)

Taylor (Cox if he shows)
Snyder (going out on a limb)
Gwiz (his for awhile)

Kennedy? Really? I could understand predicting that Zain or Molinaro upsets JO(I would not predict it but I could understand it). I don't see Kennedy even getting to JO let alone beating him. Surprised you would make that prediction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's my dark horse pick, I think he's due! 😂:D

57, Ramos, I have to believe he's our guy there. He got past Garrett when they both had to go through the tourney. Now that he gets to sit, I have to believe he will win again against Garrett, Graff, or whomever. As far as a medal goes, I think a lot depends on the draw he gets and how he wrestles. In 2015, he did win two matches, and perhaps with a more prolific offense he can get a medal.

61, Stieber, I don't think Maple will be able to unseat him. At the World's I think he'll get seated well and I look for him to make a deep run if he's wrestling like he normally does. I can easily see him viying for a title or medal.

65, this weight is all over the place for me, I think we will either see Zain or Frank emerge to face Oliver. I am not sure how Zain and Frank match up against each other, but I expect a tight match. I expect one of them to get through to battle Jordan, I think the person who can tweak things the best will emerge as our representative. As far as any one of their chances at the World's, I think they could all be in the hunt for a Bronze.

70, I think Green will be our representative, I don't see Kulchyskyy, or Pami, unseating him. At the World's I think James will make a deep run, I think the key is can he get his offense on track. I am sure his opponents will do everything they can to slow him down. But that being said, I think James can easily be in the hunt for any one of the medals.

74, I think JB prevails at the trials. I think that JB just has a psychological advantage over KD, will use it to his advantage at the WTT. And even though others would disagree, I think JB finds a way to the finals in Paris. I can also see him leaving his shoes in the middle of the mat at the end of the tournament.

86, I think it's going to be Taylor. Even if Cox is there. The reason is, I think DT has the advantage of competition over these last few months. Also I am not sure how intense J'Den has been training. Now at the World's, well we've seen what DT can do against some of the World's best, so I think he has an excellent chance at a medal or title.

97, I think Snyder handles Gadson or whoever fairly easily. At the World's Kyle will face threats from Russia, Iran, Georgia, and Azerbaijan. Kyle has a way to game plan for his opponents, and if Kyle is in the finals, I wouldn't bet against him. I believe Kyle is getting some sort of a medal no matter what.

125, At the trials, I think Gwiz, prevails, and I see him winning a couple of matches at the World's, but 125 is pretty steep, so it just really all comes down to how he's wrestling on the day of the tournament.

Now I know that these are pretty optimistic outlooks for our fellas, and unfortunately unless we just have one of those amazing years, the reality won't be as rosy, but let's hope for the best.

Would prefer to see a new light weight take over, but Ramos is basically assured the starting spot at this point. 

We'll see soon enough, but this is crazy IMO.  Let's compare some common opponents between Ramos and Graff:

Graff teched NaTo 10-0, teched Garrett 10-0, teched Dennis 10-0 once, and lost to him 6-2

Ramos beat NaTo on criteria, beat Garrett on a gift call at OTT and in a very close match yesterday, and lost to Dennis twice, once by tech, and never came anywhere close to a takedown.

We'll see how Graff does at Pan-Ams, but I think he has a great chance to beat Ramos, even without the benefit of rest.  Remember, because Graff is so good on top, it is very possible that 1 or 2 of the 3 matches he will need to make the finals will be over very quickly, which would certainly help his cause.