Sign in to follow this  
WillieBoy

Taylor & the "Penn State Style"

One indication of just how good Penn State is is that it seemed like they didn't do that well because Nolf, Nickal and Zain *only* took 4th, 4th and 3rd. I felt that way initially as in "hah, they aren't that good in freestyle." But then I remembered that these guys still have 2, 2 and 1 more year of eligibility. There's been almost no USA wrestlers ever who have done better while still in college. The obvious exceptions being Snyder and Smith, but it's still very possible that some or all of Nolf, Nickal and Zain could make a world team while still in college. In fact I'd say there's a 50/50 chance one of the three makes the team this year and maybe 25% chance that two of them do. 

1. Nolf's approach to freestyle is still not well adapted. He gives up points too readily when attacking, but of all the issues someone could have this is the most fixable for someone with Nolf's talent. 

2. Zain was right there vs Oliver.

3. Bo isn't getting past Taylor this year so it would take fluke upon fluke upon fluke.

This is perfect. 

It only seems they failed because of how high the expectations have been set, but those senior level expectations are ridiculous for college undergrads. Who else has undergrads go 4,4, and 3 at senior level? Nobody. Even Ohio State had Snyder showed up could have only gotten 2 guys up there, him and NaTo. 

There were no college age Hawkeyes even wrestling senior level. They hade a couple of good results for Junior level in Young and Marinelli, but even there those two guys will not be beating their PSU counterparts any time soon. Young can't beat Hall, ever, and Marinelli has to take on Cenzo and I don't see that working out too well for Iowa. 

Ohio State, ASU and more than one of Minnesota's young wrestlers looked great. 

I do hate Penn State, no doubt about it.

Any school that honors scum like Joe Paterno is just that scum. I don't care if they win 100 NCAA titles in a row, they're still scum imo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Here we go again.

Thats like saying this.

Any country that has a school that honors scum like Joe Paterno is just that scum. Therefore America is scum.

Any species that has people that honor scum like Joe Paterno is just that scum. Therefore the human race is scum.

So then I guess PSU should just shutdown and cease to exist because of Joe Paterno's sins.

Sins that the wrestlers have nothing to do with.

Gotcha

One indication of just how good Penn State is is that it seemed like they didn't do that well because Nolf, Nickal and Zain *only* took 4th, 4th and 3rd. I felt that way initially as in "hah, they aren't that good in freestyle." But then I remembered that these guys still have 2, 2 and 1 more year of eligibility. There's been almost no USA wrestlers ever who have done better while still in college. The obvious exceptions being Snyder and Smith, but it's still very possible that some or all of Nolf, Nickal and Zain could make a world team while still in college. In fact I'd say there's a 50/50 chance one of the three makes the team this year and maybe 25% chance that two of them do. 

1. Nolf's approach to freestyle is still not well adapted. He gives up points too readily when attacking, but of all the issues someone could have this is the most fixable for someone with Nolf's talent. 

2. Zain was right there vs Oliver.

3. Bo isn't getting past Taylor this year so it would take fluke upon fluke upon fluke.

Very good point.    Also lets keep in mind even if Nickal doesn't beat Taylor, Taylor is still Penn State (NLWC).     

Nick Lee 5th juniors 63k

Wait aren't the PSU faithful proclaiming him as a high AA who can take out Dean Heil next year...? LOL that's a good one. He got 5th in a non qualifying weight, they better hope that 6th year broken down guy can come and really develop under Cael or else Lee is gonna have a ROUGH year.

Wait aren't the PSU faithful proclaiming him as a high AA who can take out Dean Heil next year...? LOL that's a good one. He got 5th in a non qualifying weight, they better hope that 6th year broken down guy can come and really develop under Cael or else Lee is gonna have a ROUGH year.

Come on dude.. you know very well that Freestyle aint Folk!

Here we go again.

Thats like saying this.

Any country that has a school that honors scum like Joe Paterno is just that scum. Therefore America is scum.

Any species that has people that honor scum like Joe Paterno is just that scum. Therefore the human race is scum.

So then I guess PSU should just shutdown and cease to exist because of Joe Paterno's sins.

Gotcha

Trolls are are scum. And any posters that honor scum with replies are scum. And any posters who reply to scum replying to scum are scum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go again.

Thats like saying this.

Gotcha

You don't have to agree with me. That's ok.

Trolls are are scum. And any posters that honor scum with replies are scum. And any posters who reply to scum replying to scum are scum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedophlies are scum. People who cover for them are scum. Penn State has always thought they were the cleanest program in the history the the NCAA

Success with Honor. Hardly.

They turned a blind eye to a serial pedophile to protect the rep of the school and football program.

Low life dirtbags.

Pedophlies are scum. People who cover for them are scum. Penn State has always thought they were the cleanest program in the history the the NCAA

Success with Honor. Hardly.

They turned a blind eye to a serial pedophile to protect the rep of the school and football program.

Low life dirtbags.

You are right, however I fail to see what that has to do with the wrestlers.

You are right, however I fail to see what that has to do with the wrestlers.

cjc is pre occupied with the subject, so that is the way it gets into this msg. board. Hard as this is to believe, some fans of PSU and of opposing schools have built their lives around posting on this topic. Kind of sad, but I honestly believe they are addicted to the subject now. Like people get addicted to drugs. 

The very notion of someone "hating" a location, place, or set of people because of one individual or group of individuals is preposterous.  Taking this to the next level, let's all "hate":

* Cleveland, OH - their river caught on fire once...  those scum allowed it to happen, destroying nature.  So... let's hate everyone from Cleveland. 

* All of California - Charles Manson is from California, thus, we should hate all Californians

* Iowa - Slipknot is from Iowa.  They are such heavy metalers, spewing hate and violence, so let's all hate Iowa because there are so many people that hate heavy metal and Slipknot.

Once you go down this path, you just become a hate-monger.  It's silly, and juvenile.  My kid hates brussel sprouts, so everywhere that grows brussel sprouts should be hated. 

I cannot possibly articulate the ridiculousness of this trolling, and how ridiculous it is that we all are responding to such garbage-talk.

The very notion of someone "hating" a location, place, or set of people because of one individual or group of individuals is preposterous.  Taking this to the next level, let's all "hate":

* Cleveland, OH - their river caught on fire once...  those scum allowed it to happen, destroying nature.  So... let's hate everyone from Cleveland. 

* All of California - Charles Manson is from California, thus, we should hate all Californians

* Iowa - Slipknot is from Iowa.  They are such heavy metalers, spewing hate and violence, so let's all hate Iowa because there are so many people that hate heavy metal and Slipknot.

Once you go down this path, you just become a hate-monger.  It's silly, and juvenile.  My kid hates brussel sprouts, so everywhere that grows brussel sprouts should be hated. 

I cannot possibly articulate the ridiculousness of this trolling, and how ridiculous it is that we all are responding to such garbage-talk.

Its not just ridiculous its down right dangerous, wrong and evil!

Its the path from with racism and bigotry comes from.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

John Wayne Gacy once lived in Waterloo, Iowa (Dan Gable's hometown) where he managed a string of KFC's.  While there, he was convicted of sodomy and received a 10-year sentence.  However, he was paroled after only 18 months, with the stipulation that he relocate to Chicago - where Gacy eventually raped and murdered 33 teenage boys.

The Iowa Board of Paroles, and by extension all residents of the Hawkeye state, are morally culpable for Gacy's evil crimes.  In fact, anyone who roots for Iowa  (regardless of their residence) is likewise tainted.

Edited by HurricaneWrestling

cjc is pre occupied with the subject, so that is the way it gets into this msg. board. Hard as this is to believe, some fans of PSU and of opposing schools have built their lives around posting on this topic. Kind of sad, but I honestly believe they are addicted to the subject now. Like people get addicted to drugs.

Paterno acted like the moral authority of college football while enabling a serial pedophile. Then the PSU faithful still think he's the victim.

The faithful rationalize their argument. Pathetic and sad.

Arrogant Penn State fans. Same as it ever was.

Paterno acted like the moral authority of college football while enabling a serial pedophile. Then the PSU faithful still think he's the victim.

The faithful rationalize their argument. Pathetic and sad.

Arrogant Penn State fans. Same as it ever was.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?????

WHO HERE SAID PATERNO WAS THE VICTIM??

WHERE?? WHAT POST??? TELL ME WHAT POST AND I WILL PUBLICLY RIP THEM A NEW ONE!

NO ONE HERE JUSTIFIED WHAT PATERNO DID!!!

NO ONE HERE JUSTIFIED WHAT SANDUSKY DID!!!

NO ONE HERE JUSTIFIED WHAT THE PSU ADMIN DID!!!

THAT DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE AFFILIATED WITH PSU IS A MONSTER!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????

I GUESS ACCORDING TO YOU EVERYONE WHO IS GERMAN MUST BE A NAZI???

I GUESS ACCORDING TO YOU EVERYONE WHO IS MUSLIM MUST BE A TERRORIST???

I GUESS ACCORDING TO YOU EVERY WHITE PERSON IS A RACIST MEMBER OR THE KKK???

THAT IS THE EXACT LOGIC YOU ARE USING!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

As a tOSU fan, and NOT a PSU fan, I RESPECT what each program has to offer.  The PSU Wrasslin' team has zero to do with Paterno.  I'm sure you work for a company, or are a self-proprietor, or once worked somewhere.  To help articulate the sheer foolishness of this (although Hurricane did the best job, and I can only hope to emulate), suppose you work at McDonalds.  You flip burgers, but are the Store Manager.  A franchisee from a neighboring region in your state was found guilty and convicted of being a pedophile.  Should you, as the store manager, reporting into a different franchisee, but still a part of the McDonald's organization, be culpable in covering up their pedophilia? 

Organizations, whether corporate, governmental, or academic, are complex institutions and heirarchies.  I'll wager a bet.  I bet... that someone you know, knows someone who knows, who may or may not work with said person that you "know", that committed crimes so heinous, it would make the front page of CNN.com.  Are you culpable for that, because of the 1st, 2nd or 3rd degrees of relative separation. 

Get over it... move on.  It's non-topical, utter nonsense, and... well...

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?????

WHO HERE SAID PATERNO WAS THE VICTIM??

WHERE?? WHAT POST??? TELL ME WHAT POST AND I WILL PUBLICLY RIP THEM A NEW ONE!

NO ONE HERE JUSTIFIED WHAT PATERNO DID!!!

NO ONE HERE JUSTIFIED WHAT SANDUSKY DID!!!

NO ONE HERE JUSTIFIED WHAT THE PSU ADMIN DID!!!

THAT DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE AFFILIATED WITH PSU IS A MONSTER!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????

I GUESS ACCORDING TO YOU EVERYONE WHO IS GERMAN MUST BE A NAZI???

I GUESS ACCORDING TO YOU EVERYONE WHO IS MUSLIM MUST BE A TERRORIST???

I GUESS ACCORDING TO YOU EVERY WHITE PERSON IS A RACIST MEMBER OR THE KKK???

THAT IS THE EXACT LOGIC YOU ARE USING!

I'm trying to logically explain why I hate Penn State University.

You are aware that the President of Penn State kept the Sandusky issue in house.

Pathetic.

Then the University honored Paterno this past Fall.

Thats why I hate Penn State and anything affliated with them

Get it now?

Edited by cjc007

John Wayne Gacy once lived in Waterloo, Iowa (Dan Gable's hometown) where he managed a string of KFC's. While there, he was convicted of sodomy and received a 10-year sentence. However, he was paroled after only 12 months, with the stipulation that he relocate to Chicago - where Gacy eventually raped and murdered 33 teenage boys.

The Iowa Board of Paroles, and by extension all residents of the Hawkeye state, are morally culpable for Gacy's evil crimes. In fact, anyone who roots for Iowa (regardless of their residence) is likewise tainted.

Did Iowa University or anyone in Iowa honor Gasey?

Rationalize it all you want to. Penn State failed those kids to protect their image.

Pathetic.