Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Is there a J Jaggers this year?

It was always quite entertaining to see how many people gave him no shot and called him overrated while he struggled during the regular season. He would then go to the Tourney and CLEARLY separate himself from the competition. Is there anyone out there this year that has struggled during the year that could really turn it up come Tourney time? The only one I can think of is Dylan Ness, but with Oliver in his bracket he would REALLY REALLY REALLY need to turn it up.

he was seeded third and sixth at nationals so although he had a quite a bit off losses, he did defeat many nationally ranked oppnonents during the year. Senior year think nine losses but was seeded third so had to of beaten people during the season.

Agree that 174 is most likely the weight for which this could happen. Evans or Brown could find themselves on top of the podium in March.

Isn't 2011 Q a better example of a guy who lost some questionable in season matches but then clearly separated himself in both end-of-year tournaments? Don't recall his NCAA seed, but he was #7 in B1G if I recall correctly.

So, you are looking for someone who won the championship as a junior, but is given little chance to repeat?

I think I wrote several sentences that should have explained what I was looking for quite clearly. Jaggers was a perfect example of someone who turned his wrestling up several notches come tourney time. I was asking if there was someone out there that could do something similar and stated that Ness seems to fit this scenario as closely as anyone I could think of.

So, you are looking for someone who won the championship as a junior, but is given little chance to repeat?

I think I wrote several sentences that should have explained what I was looking for quite clearly. Jaggers was a perfect example of someone who turned his wrestling up several notches come tourney time. I was asking if there was someone out there that could do something similar and stated that Ness seems to fit this scenario as closely as anyone I could think of.

Chill. I knew what you meant.

To me, to do something "similar" to Jaggers means a prior champ. That's where you start. Preferably with someone who wasn't 100% at the close of their first title victory (the ankle will heal, losing won't).

Is there a Jerrod King this year?

Chill. I knew what you meant.

To me, to do something "similar" to Jaggers means a prior champ. That's where you start. Preferably with someone who wasn't 100% at the close of their first title victory (the ankle will heal, losing won't).

Is there a Jerrod King this year?

I wasn't referring to a career I was referring to how a wrestler performs during the regular season and then transforms in the postseason. Since Jaggers happened to do it 2x I found him to be the perfect candidate to use as the example. I would like to thank you for reforming my question to the way you want it, then answering it, and then asking another question. I am very grateful for your help.