Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

NaTo & Martin next year; weights

Very much agree. Penn State could conceivably have 6 champs. 3 are heavy favorites (Nolf, Nickal, and Retherford) and the other 3 are early favorites to varying degrees (Suriano, Cenzo, and Hall) but of that group, Cenzo is the one I'm least confident in due to the depth at 165. 

Ohio State has 2 strong favorites in Moore and Snyder and another favorite in NaTo assuming he goes 133 (or any weight for the matter, I favor him). But their remaining 7 guys aren't going to be able to pick up enough slack nor will these 3 score as many points as Penn State's big 3. 

Totally agree that everyone will be chasing PSU again.  tOSU has some goer's though.  In terms of bonus,

* Snyder - will bonus everyone except Coon, but even bonusing Coon isn't out of the question, especially with another year of development and another WC under his belt!  ;-)

* Moore - has the ability to bonus just about anyone next year.  Everyone was calling for Darmstadt to come out of the wordwork and potentially be Moore's #1 competition.  Based on his Jr. Open results, I'd have to say that the gap between Moore and the field is more significant than what we may originally think.

* NaTo - has the ability to bonus most, but not the top ~5 or so.  I also concur that NaTo's future FS career "could" be even better than his folkstyle career, based on how he wrestles.

I will be rooting for tOSU to pull it off, I just don't think the horsepower is there.  Also, consider this... Hall won as a Frosh.  Hall has pretty much won nearly everything he has entered, and for those rare occasions where he didn't, the following year, he did/does.  See Jr. World's as latest example.  Big things are in store for Hall, assuming that the HEW virus doesn't rear it's ugly head.

These are facts!!!

125 Real possibility Nato will wrestle here and some will understand real soon why

133 Pletcher does not want to red shirt he wants to wrestle period

141 KH ready to rock and roll

149 MJ

157 Bircher/Ryan/ Racer will work its way out but at least it will be a competition and they will have a reason to work their butts off

165 Campbell No one can convince me he won't make gains over the summer

174 Bo injured the entire year barely able to practice and took 2nd Are you kidding me

184 MyMar will be a full size and this kid has not touched his ceiling yet Taking 5th as a true soph in that weight class was a accomplishment

197 Moore of Moore

Hwt two words Thee Man

Edited by Truthteller

I just do not see Nato making and  holding 125 all season and still have a gas tank....but that is just my thoughts...

This past season I thought Nato looked unbeatable until the big10s---Hell I even made the comment that Nato could be a NC at 141...Clark beating him was a shock to me!  I dont know if Nato had a late season injury or it was the cut??????

Not to take anything away from Clark

These are facts!!!

125 Real possibility Nato will wrestle here and some will understand real soon why

149 MJ

157 Bircher/Ryan/ Racer will work its way out but at least it will be a competition and they will have a reason to work their butts off

174 Bo injured the entire year barely able to practice and took 2nd Are you kidding me

184 MyMar will be a full size and this kid has not touched his ceiling yet Taking 5th as a true soph in that weight class was a accomplishment

197 Moore of Moore

Hwt two words Thee Man

this post very accurate, the possibility of NaTo at 125 definitely is very real

These are facts!!!

149 MJ

197 Moore of Moore

Hwt two words Thee Man

21... that you again?

Edited by steamboat_charlie

Please don't associate me with that clown

I like this guy! May root for the spray nation tan but he calls it how he sees it.

I don't know as much as I do about Iowa wrestling to be a troll, I do because I am a die hard Hawk fan.

And. The. Dynasty. Is. Coming. Back.

I like this guy! May root for the spray nation tan but he calls it how he sees it.

I don't know as much as I do about Iowa wrestling to be a troll, I do because I am a die hard Hawk fan.

And. The. Dynasty. Is. Coming. Back.

This is the 1st admission that it ever ended!

You're nuts. Nato hasn't won a title at 125 or 133 the last 2 years while Heil has gone 64-1 with 2 titles and a 41 match win streak at 141. But in your mind the lesser wrestler is going to bump up a weight over his head (literally since he's 5'3") and go even money?

A little harsh with the "you're nuts".

Also a bit flawed. Last year alone a lesser qualified Bo Nickal went up a weight and managed to place ahead of MyMar and beat the 2 time defending champ in the finals. All while just wanting to have fun. Cutting weight is not fun. I don't know what the average height for champions of each weight is or if they keep such records so that your 5'3" comment would mean more than your ability to read a bio.

I feel others share my opinion that the leg pass and pray technique will adversely affect Heil more than any other returning champion. I would like to see Pletcher at 33 and NaTo at 41, Hayes 49, Jordan at 57. Watching Jordan getting Zain Train wrecked last year was brutal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A little harsh with the "you're nuts".

Also a bit flawed. Last year alone a lesser qualified Bo Nickal went up a weight and managed to place ahead of MyMar and beat the 2 time defending champ in the finals. All while just wanting to have fun. Cutting weight is not fun. I don't know what the average height for champions of each weight is or if they keep such records so that your 5'3" comment would mean more than your ability to read a bio.

I feel others share my opinion that the leg pass and pray technique will adversely affect Heil more than any other returning champion. I would like to see Pletcher at 33 and NaTo at 41, Hayes 49, Jordan at 57. Watching Jordan getting Zain Train wrecked last year was brutal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Although I like your lineup concept for tOSU, 125 becomes a big question mark for 17/18 then.  If that lineup holds, potential impact on NCAA points vs. this year:

125:  Push (maybe even a non-qualifier, unless a healthy JROD shows up... but... can he make that weight again?)

133:  Decrease.  Pletcher, in my humble opinion, will not be top 3 at 133.  Will he AA?  I absolutely think he can, but not Top 3.

141:  Decrease.  141 is STACKED next year with a bunch of returners.  Would NaTo be Top 3 at 141, given his "new" competition? 

149:  Push.  I see Keyshawn as a mid-AA, like Micah, but this is up a weight from where he was originally slated, so potentially lower?

157:  Increase.  I see Micah as top 4 material at 157, but he will be wrecked by Nolf just as bad unfortunately (just like everyone else).

So... with that lineup, I actually see a point DECREASE from 2017.

I'd rather see, and I think NaTo would agree with his FS aspirations, that this would be "best" for himself, and the team:

125:  NaTo.  Increase.

133:  Pletcher.  Decrease (slight)

141:  Hayes.  Increase (over Pletcher's DNP)

149:  Jordan.  Push

157:  Racer?  Burcher?  Increase (over Ryan's DNP)

Again, and this is just an opinion, based on absolutely nothing.  With the new FS rules, and Logie Bear manning 61kg, it will be in NaTo's best interest (for Freestyle) to reacclimate back to 125.  There are workout regimens that he can adopt that will allow him to do so with ease, but he'll have to give up a little on his pectacular physique. 

Not quite so much optimism coming from the Hayes camp so far this summer. Some feel that he won't even be the starter come seasons' beginning.

to be fair, Hayes is still recovering from ACL. Too early to tell. It takes 6-8 months to completely recover. This is the sixth month since ACL tear. Have to wait.

to be fair, Hayes is still recovering from ACL. Too early to tell. It takes 6-8 months to completely recover. This is the sixth month since ACL tear. Have to wait.

6 to 8 months for an ACL?  Wow, you are optimistic.  It's usually a full year for a full recovery.

Not quite so much optimism coming from the Hayes camp so far this summer.  Some feel that he won't even be the starter come seasons' beginning.

21guns, 

I don't know what camp you've been talking to but based on your previous comments on this board as well as others, your post once again is way off.  Unless he gets injured again, Hayes will be the starter.

The below lineup makes the most sense depending on where NaTo decides to wrestle.  If NaTo goes 133#, then a true freshman will have to step in the lineup and man the 125# spot.

125-NATO

133-Pletcher

141-Hayes

149-M Jordan

157-Burcher/Racer/Ryan

165-Campbell

174-BoJo

184-MyMar

197-Moore

285-Snyder

With the new FS rules, and Logie Bear manning 61kg, it will be in NaTo's best interest (for Freestyle) to reacclimate back to 125.  There are workout regimens that he can adopt that will allow him to do so with ease, but he'll have to give up a little on his pectacular physique. 

Not that Nato won't be at 125, but if the new FS rules regarding 2 hour weighins happen Logie Bear will not be at 61kg.  So that wouldn't be a reason to move down...

Who knows.....maybe BoJo (165) and NaTo (125) both wrestle a partial schedule.  Make the hard cut a few times during the regular season and post (B10s & NCAAs) which ends up best for the team points.  

Whatever weight Bo thinks feels best about his chances to (finally) win a title, he'll go.  

21guns, 

I don't know what camp you've been talking to but based on your previous comments on this board as well as others, your post once again is way off.  Unless he gets injured again, Hayes will be the starter.

The below lineup makes the most sense depending on where NaTo decides to wrestle.  If NaTo goes 133#, then a true freshman will have to step in the lineup and man the 125# spot.

125-NATO

133-Pletcher

141-Hayes

149-M Jordan

157-Burcher/Racer/Ryan

165-Campbell

174-BoJo

184-MyMar

197-Moore

285-Snyder

"Once again"?

I was the one ON THIS BOARD who correctly called Nato to 133 WHEN IT HAPPENED before last season, with people just like you, trying to pile on.  LMAO.

Nato is going at 133, the freestyle weights will be 55 and 60 as of August, and Pletcher is redshirting, and that last part has actually been verified in print.  And do not compare that to Mark Hall, whose redshirt WAS NEVER verified by Cael.  

6 to 8 months for an ACL?  Wow, you are optimistic.  It's usually a full year for a full recovery.

Technically the ACL replacement is fairly quick. A couple months.  However most ACL replacements come from the patella (kneecap) tendon, and that takes several months of recovery. 

You can get a donor tendon (typically from a cadaver) but there is a risk of disease. For guys who have had multiple knee surgeries, this is the only option. 

Technically the ACL replacement is fairly quick. A couple months.  However most ACL replacements come from the patella (kneecap) tendon, and that takes several months of recovery. 

You can get a donor tendon (typically from a cadaver) but there is a risk of disease. For guys who have had multiple knee surgeries, this is the only option.

I have had ACL surgery with a cadaver and I was in rehab within the month, they had me jogging lightly after 7 weeks. In 6 months I was back to normal activities easily. I am many years past 20. Haha.

I have had ACL surgery with a cadaver and I was in rehab within the month, they had me jogging lightly after 7 weeks. In 6 months I was back to normal activities easily. I am many years past 20. Haha.

Well, Hayes ain't back yet and many, including Askren, aren't sure he'll be back at all this year.  So, I'll go with that, over you.

Well, Hayes ain't back yet and many, including Askren, aren't sure he'll be back at all this year.  So, I'll go with that, over you.

I was the one ON THIS BOARD who correctly called Nato to 133 WHEN IT HAPPENED before last season, with people just like you, trying to pile on.  LMAO.

Believe what you want but some of your statements about the team is incorrect.

Edited by meluvwrestling