emk1

Downey (aka PDIII) - Any D-1 colleges interested?

He's a young kid who made a couple of mistakes. It's pathetic that a bunch of grown adults are piling on the kid on a message board.  I wish Patrick the best of luck in his career, and will root for him next year.

you root for kids because they are poor citizens? What if he wrestles someone who isn't on their 12th school?

I'm not sure why he doesn't go MMA.  His issues are 99% an inability to be part of a team and be accountable to someone else.  He's talented and he's willing to work hard.  If he goes MMA then he's the one paying his coaches, workout partners, etc and his issues aren't issues anymore since the only person he's accountable is himself. 

Perhaps, but could be a discipline thing, too. 

Both ASU and Rutgers have asked for permission to talk to Downey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For one year,,,why?  Just doesn't seem worth the baggage.  It's not like those teams are contenders next year. 

For one year,,,why?  Just doesn't seem worth the baggage.  It's not like those teams are contenders next year. 

He's already been an All-American and he can train in Freestyle with the Valencias. I completely understand why ASU would want him.

He's already been an All-American and he can train in Freestyle with the Valencias. I completely understand why ASU would want him.

If the Valencias were entering there senior year and it was your last best chance for a high finish I could see rolling the dice.  But why throw that kind of dirt on an up coming team.  It's not like they are a 184/197 away from moving into some different stratosphere.  They are a building team who should keep doing the right things.

If the Valencias were entering there senior year and it was your last best chance for a high finish I could see rolling the dice. But why throw that kind of dirt on an up coming team. It's not like they are a 184/197 away from moving into some different stratosphere. They are a building team who should keep doing the right things.

I'm going to defer to Larry Jones on this one. Something tells me he isn't (potentially) pursuing PD3 without a great deal of hopefulness that his coaching abilities can change this young(-ish) man, with an eye towards the future, and equal amounts of skepticism.

I'm going to defer to Larry Jones on this one. Something tells me he isn't (potentially) pursuing PD3 without a great deal of hopefulness that his coaching abilities can change this young(-ish) man, with an eye towards the future, and equal amounts of skepticism.

Surely this, the 100th coach who thinks they can get to him, will be the one who succeeds.  Especially at a school renown for its party atmosphere and distractions.

After watching the World Trials this past weekend, I hope that no college will take another chance on him.  He still lacks so much discipline.  They could not even get him to walk out of the area the correct way.  He just did whatever he wanted.  In between rounds, he didn't even listen to his coach.  He just stared up into the crowd as Hall was talking to him.  He is an accident waiting to happen.  He has talent, but he is not ready to change his ways yet.  Sorry!

Edited by Rat

After watching the World Trials this past weekend, I hope that no college will take another chance on him. He still lacks so much discipline. They could not even get him to walk out of the area the correct way. He just did whatever he wanted. In between rounds, he didn't even listen to his coach. He just stared up into the crowd as Hall was talking to him. He is an accident waiting to happen. He has talent, but he is not ready to change his ways yet. Sorry!

If eligible someone will take a shot with him. Won't be high profile like PSU, Iowa, tOSU or OSU. But I wouldn't bet against a 6-20 ranked team taking a shot on a potential national champ at 197.

Does anyone know if PD3 is looking to enroll next year ? Did he get a release from ISU ? Getting booted from the team does not come with a release, IIRC.

I love it that KJ's last official act as head coach was setting free PD3

"Nobody will score on me at the trials"

Sorry,

David Taylor

He was giving up points every match, DT was just one of the many blips on that statement. He definitely looked like he was tired and over being there as he was handing out the points in his consol match. Edited by MadMardigain