emk1

Downey (aka PDIII) - Any D-1 colleges interested?

Snowflake, you know, like the hypersensitive father of a grown man going onto a meaningless sports forum to babble and namecall because people voiced thoughts, however accurate or inaccurate, about his grown son.

At least I'm not a liberal snow flake.

What College coach would want this cancer in the room?

He is college wrestling's version of "Million dollar arm, ten cent brain".

He's working circles around you and you're just too stupid to realize it.  Get back in your cave.

If the word "bad kid" exists- Downey defines it. It is easy to see why with parenting like this. Your kid is 25. He doesn't have a 4 year degree. He has had multiple run ins with the law. Kicked off multiple teams. Absolutely homophobic and disrespectful to women. And he takes zero responsibi for any of it- preferring to blame everyone else.

And. For good measure- he has been teched 4 times in the last two months

Way to go pops

Edited by GuillermoBilletas

He's working circles around you and you're just too stupid to realize it.  Get back in your cave.

He is working circles to be irrelevant.  You are the main reason your son is such a FU.  Snowflake?

I thought it was appropriate that KJ kicked PD3 off the team.

I have an earned PHD and am a tenured full professor at the university of Colorado. I am a 12X ironman finisher (140.6).

Endurance Athletics and high level academics are "easy" for me.

The hardest thing I have ever done is being a parent and trying to raise 2 kids (they are going into their junior HS year).

Be careful about criticizing a parent. It's difficult as I am sure many of you know.

I have made many parenting mistakes. My kids have made some choices at times that are simply unreal.

Edited by xander

To what end? Narcissism? But no DI offers and still banned from OTC

Maybe a low end MMA deal

Maybe all the flunkies who enable him on Twitter can pool their weekend dope money and buy him a singlet

Yes, of course. That is what selling your personal brand is all about.

Cue his dad logging in and either posting his 6th grade report card or threatening to beat me up - which sums up why the kid behaves the way he does

It's unclear to me how the dad is still posting after Guillermo put him to sleep with this comment.

To what end? Narcissism? But no DI offers and still banned from OTC

Maybe a low end MMA deal

Maybe all the flunkies who enable him on Twitter can pool their weekend dope money and buy him a singlet

He's banned from the OTC? When did that happen

PD3's twitter campaign is effective, as evidenced by so many people talking about him. Irrelevant? Not as long as we keep talking about him.

Nobody except people who use Twitter actually care about Twitter though.  College coaches aren't out there going "That guy is very active on twitter and has lots of interactions, I need to get him in my room". A couple of dozen message board posters doesn't make somebody relevant.

Only school he could transfer to without first graduating would be Nebraska.  He needs this summer and the fall semester to get his degree. To wrestle for Iowa State last year, he completed 19 credits in the fall semester and then 6 more within one week to earn his AA degree (after he was wrongfully told by the guys at Iowa Central that he wouldn't need the AA degree to wrestle at ISU).  He's now taking 14 credits this summer (with special permission from ISU because 12 is the normal maximum allowed in the summer) and then he'll have 15 remaining credits in the fall.  So, he WILL earn the degree and be eligible for the spring semester, unless, of course, he decides to wrestle for ISU, in which case he'll be immediately eligible to wrestle and get in his first-ever full D1 season.  Big 10 conference.

I am trying to follow here.  The timeline is tough for me to follow.  He will have one more season for 2018, right? 

2010-11 High School

2011-12 OTC

2012-13 OTC

2013-14 Nebraska (2 Semesters)

2014-16 Iowa Central (3 Semesters + winter) 

2016-17 Iowa State (4 Semesters + summer)

2018 TBD

Is this correct?

I am trying to follow here.  The timeline is tough for me to follow.  He will have one more season for 2018, right? 

2010-11 High School

2011-12 OTC

2012-13 OTC

2013-14 Nebraska (2 Semesters)

2014-16 Iowa Central (3 Semesters + winter) 

2016-17 Iowa State (4 Semesters + summer)

2018 TBD

Is this correct?

Only 1 semester at Nebraska

Yeah, he'll shut em all up come next March. Until then, continue wallowing in your pig mud. 

The facts prove otherwise.  Each time he stated the immaculate, he has been beaten soundly.  Each time either one of you open your mouths, or type on social media, it's as if the rest of the country becomes "dumber" for having listened to / read what was stated.  If all you want your son to be is a "one hit wonder", or go down in history as the "bad guy", you've done a masterful job at creating that persona.  

I truly wish success for you and your family, but if, and only if, it's backed with a bit of humility and thankfulness.  Thankfulness for being able to compete at his current level.  After all, it only takes one drunk driver, one texting housewife, one wrong place/wrong time for it to all come crashing down.  What then?  How will you/PD3 and those you love look back on his achievements?  Marred with what ifs?  Marred with puffery?  Marred with always being the "bridesmaid"?  

You both should leave it on the mat, and let those results do the talking.  Until then... it's just comic relief while we actually root for "serious" contenders like the rest of the World Team and those that could ACTUALLY win the NCAA's.

The facts prove otherwise.  Each time he stated the immaculate, he has been beaten soundly.  Each time either one of you open your mouths, or type on social media, it's as if the rest of the country becomes "dumber" for having listened to / read what was stated.  If all you want your son to be is a "one hit wonder", or go down in history as the "bad guy", you've done a masterful job at creating that persona.  

I truly wish success for you and your family, but if, and only if, it's backed with a bit of humility and thankfulness.  Thankfulness for being able to compete at his current level.  After all, it only takes one drunk driver, one texting housewife, one wrong place/wrong time for it to all come crashing down.  What then?  How will you/PD3 and those you love look back on his achievements?  Marred with what ifs?  Marred with puffery?  Marred with always being the "bridesmaid"?  

You both should leave it on the mat, and let those results do the talking.  Until then... it's just comic relief while we actually root for "serious" contenders like the rest of the World Team and those that could ACTUALLY win the NCAA's.

He would have won NCAAs this year, and he'll win em next year. Incidentally, I don't think he did too badly, beating 5 All Americans and Gabe Dean after not wrestling a live match since the first week of January, not wrestling freestyle since last June, not being in a RTC room, not having a full D1 season or competing internationally...all he's lacking is live match world class conditioning...not too shabby, at all.

p.s. Heflin owes Downey a beer for wearing out Taylor for him.  :)

Edited by PD2

He would have won NCAAs this year

why didnt he win this year

not wrestling a live match since the first week of January, not wrestling freestyle since last June, not being in a RTC room, not having a full D1 season or competing internationally...

why didnt he have any of those things while everyone else is able to have them