Sign in to follow this  
Truthteller

Jose Rodriquez transferring out of tOSU

With the news of Jose Rodriquez transferring out of tOSU who now believes me that NATO back down to 125 is a strong possibility? I don't make this stuff up fellas. I wish that young man the best at another school and I hope it works out for him

Edited by Truthteller

Didn't he have weight issues last year, too? Maybe he couldn't hold 125 and didn't want to sit behind NATO a year, especially if Pletcher might drop back down. Regardless, I am sure he will do well wherever he lands.

With the news of Jose Rodriquez transferring out of tOSU who now believes me that NATO back down to 125 is a strong possibility? I don't make this stuff up fellas. I wish that young man the best at another school and I hope it works out for him

Well, this certainly creates the need for NaTo to move back down. Or it could be exactly like you said and NaTo was headed there which caused Jose to leave. 

https://twitter.com/WillieAtFLO/status/860161154257215492

Also, to OP, it is strange to me when someone likes their own post.  But at least we know that you are impressed with yourself.

Here's what he wrote in another thread last month:

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:25 AM

As I said I just joined so I definitely didn't mean to like my own post 

As far as 21 guns I would put up 10 grand and meet him on his own front porch because I can't stand a so called tough guy hiding behind a keyboard that's living through some of these great young men from PSU 

Eight of 10 WPIAL coaches find self-post-liking objectionable, according to my survey.

Would think he would want Nato to move down after having such a brutal cut this past season. Suspect this has a lot more to do with Pletcher at 133 for the next few years then Nato at 125. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Again, if NaTo knows he's going 125 for the upcoming season, he's prepping for the specific intent of staying at 57kg for at least the next 4 YEARS in freestyle.  If this is the case, it becomes a lifestyle change/choice for NaTo... that is all, nothing more, nothing less.  The ONLY thing keeping him from staying at 125 comfortably is the amount of sheer muscle mass he packs onto his frame.  By changing the nature of his workouts, and by focusing more on general strength training (isometrics, plyos, ninja warrior stuff), his "mass" will naturally decrease while actually increasing functional strength. 

There IS a reason why rock climbers, you know, those "skinny" and "gangly" guys that have about 6% body fat can hang a few hundred feet off a ledge with their fingertips... THAT is strength, and THAT can be trained. 

Not sure if he's still there, but wasn't Picazo one of their strength guys?  He introduced a lot of the team to the Ninja Warrior training (saw a Youtube video promoting his attempts at ANW).  Point is, it isn't foreign for them, it's fun, and it'll help with the mass "issue".

Again, if NaTo knows he's going 125 for the upcoming season, he's prepping for the specific intent of staying at 57kg for at least the next 4 YEARS in freestyle.  If this is the case, it becomes a lifestyle change/choice for NaTo... that is all, nothing more, nothing less.  The ONLY thing keeping him from staying at 125 comfortably is the amount of sheer muscle mass he packs onto his frame.  By changing the nature of his workouts, and by focusing more on general strength training (isometrics, plyos, ninja warrior stuff), his "mass" will naturally decrease while actually increasing functional strength. 

There IS a reason why rock climbers, you know, those "skinny" and "gangly" guys that have about 6% body fat can hang a few hundred feet off a ledge with their fingertips... THAT is strength, and THAT can be trained. 

Not sure if he's still there, but wasn't Picazo one of their strength guys?  He introduced a lot of the team to the Ninja Warrior training (saw a Youtube video promoting his attempts at ANW).  Point is, it isn't foreign for them, it's fun, and it'll help with the mass "issue".

That is a form of strength.  And there are other forms of strength that could be applied to crush those "skinny" and "gangly" guys.  Acting like rock climbing strength is superior is as dumb as acting like rock climbers aren't strong because they are skinny and gangly.

That is a form of strength.  And there are other forms of strength that could be applied to crush those "skinny" and "gangly" guys.  Acting like rock climbing strength is superior is as dumb as acting like rock climbers aren't strong because they are skinny and gangly.

Are you seriously taking this defensive tone?  Freaking hilarious.  You are seriously misinterpreting pretty much everything I posted.... All I'm suggesting is that:

a.) IF NaTo wants to keep his weight down

b.) IF NaTo wants to keep his strength up, there's another form/method

At no time whatsoever did I say that any form of strength is superior... maybe your own inferiority complex is being projected?  Chill out dude... no one is attacking anyone... good grief...

EDIT:  and yes... hang from a pullup bar with just your fingertips and see how long you last... now do that and repeat it over and over again for ~30-60 minutes... this is ALSO strength...

Edited by treep2000

Are you seriously taking this defensive tone?  Freaking hilarious.  You are seriously misinterpreting pretty much everything I posted.... All I'm suggesting is that:

At no time whatsoever did I say that any form of strength is superior... maybe your own inferiority complex is being projected?  Chill out dude... no one is attacking anyone... good grief...

EDIT:  and yes... hang from a pullup bar with just your fingertips and see how long you last... now do that and repeat it over and over again for ~30-60 minutes... this is ALSO strength...

Gotta agree with treep on this one. ANW and rock climber type strength is still strength. Just a different kind of strength. Those guys have insane grip strength and last I checked grip strength is quite valuable in wrestling. 

My only question about NaTo is whether HE wants to come down. Two months ago he went on record as saying it made him unhappy. 

When you say "THAT is strength" it implies that it is a better form of strength.  Why else capitalize THAT?  When you capitalized ALSO in this post I assume it was for the same reason (emphasis).  

If you didn't mean to imply that and I read into it, then I'm sorry for that.  I'm not trying to be argumentative, I was just disagreeing with the characterization of strength.

As for hanging on a pull-up bar, it is impressive and is a good show of strength.  But it is at least as much about upper body to lower body ratio as it is about strength.  I know little kids who can hang on a pull-up bar longer than strong grown men who have large lower bodies.  

Maybe, or perhaps Jose believes he needs to move up and there isn't room.  I doubt NATO will want to move down, but perhaps Ryan can convince him for the better of the team.  Still not a lock as guys like Suriano and Cruz will have a decent chance, especially if the cut is hard--as I imagine it'll be.