Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Penn State Will Break Every NCAA Wrestling Record, David Taylor Says

Are you saying that since there is a lot of egregious material out there that is easily accessible, we don't need to filter our words?

Thats like saying, as long as you don't finish in last place, you've done a good job....

Yes there's a lot of egregious material out there. Shouldn't we demand ourselves to be held to a higher standard?

No, that is not what I'm saying.  What I'm saying is that the "what about the kids?" or more common "how do you expect me to explain this to my kids?" is a ridiculous argument.

There are much better reasons to follow the rules on this board.  That is not one of them. 

No, that is not what I'm saying.  What I'm saying is that the "what about the kids?" or more common "how do you expect me to explain this to my kids?" is a ridiculous argument.

There are much better reasons to follow the rules on this board.  That is not one of them. 

Fair enough. How about this one?

"Don't be a judgmental jerk!"

That wasn't directed at you. That was directed at CJC

So Joseph has a great tournament, and now 5th is ridiculous enough for you to laugh, but when Martin beat Bo, he just had a good tournament and wasn't likely to push Bo the next year? I think I got it. Penn state has three probable locks for the finals (and those three will be champs most likely). The other three haven't done enough to guarantee they will be finalists.

You conveniently left out the Mark Hall part of MSU's comment and yes, the prospect that both Hall and Joseph fall to 5th next year is indeed laughable. Furthermore, it is possible to place higher then 5th while not making the finals. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Blasphemer!!

Anything less than full adulation=hate when referring to PSU.  Hell, I predicted 150 pts and a comfortable win and I am somehow STILL attacking them.............

Actually what you did was write one line for a disclaimer, then followed that up with 40 lines of how and why they can lose. This is sort of your norm when laying out your case against Penn State.

A really knowledgeable friend once told me that I want to find total experts on a subject and follow them, but to also find those persons who always get things wrong because you can always go opposite of them and you'll do well. 

So in this vein, by all means keep up the good work, MSU. You a rare bankable commodity when picking against Penn State. 

You conveniently left out the Mark Hall part of MSU's comment and yes, the prospect that both Hall and Joseph fall to 5th next year is indeed laughable. Furthermore, it is possible to place higher then 5th while not making the finals.

I left out Mark Hall because imo the lowest he falls is 3rd, but honestly the difference between 3rd and 5th isn't that crazy. Hall was undersized and won it, and I fully expect him to compete for a title, but if his aspirations are 74k then, at 174 he would still be undersized since he feels the 74k cut is difficult, and anything could happen, especially with size issues, as we saw him lose a couple matches this year. Edited by maolsen

I "could" run a 4 minute mile too, but it ain't likely either.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you can't. Period. There's a huge difference between running a 4 minute mile when not training to, and one team having an off day, while another wrestles well. Penn State will be heavy favorites, doesn't mean they can't lose.

Penn State has the top 4 returning bonus point scorers, or 4 of the top 5 or something like that. Ohio State can put up a nice challenge but barring a spate of injuries nobody is taking down the Nittany Lions. 

It doesn't really take a "spate of injuries," just an injury to one of the Big 3.  Certainly hope that doesn't happen though.  

It doesn't really take a "spate of injuries," just an injury to one of the Big 3. Certainly hope that doesn't happen though.

Suriano and Cortez were injured this year and Suriano could have won the weight given how the brackets unfolded, and PSU still won big.

Suriano and Cortez were injured this year and Suriano could have won the weight given how the brackets unfolded, and PSU still won big.

Trust me, I know.  I think PSU will score 160+ for sure, which will undoubtedly win it.  However, Zain will be responsible for ~28 of those points.  If he were to go down prior to NCAA's, it's entirely possible that tOSU scores 140+ and takes it.  Two caveats--tOSU needs to be full strength in March, and NaTo has to go 125.  

I like Cortez by the way and think he can AA, but unless he's going back down to 133, 141 returns 7/8 AA's, plus McKenna who didn't AA and Hayes coming off of injury. There's not a ton of space on the margins for guys to AA and make a real impact on the team score.  Exact same thing can be said for Hayes as well.  

I enjoy all of this information. First, I am looking at a tough BIG schedule. The conference duals present tough enough individual bouts. Not sure that tough is the strong

enough word that I seek ?

The tourneys are so far away from us right now. Sure-iano enough, as we approach the BIG and the NCAA, I will listen. I will likely hear (once again), as the

professor of college wrestling steps to the podium/lecturn to present :

Lesson one.   The NCAA tournament

Lecture one.  Team scoring  "It's all about B Ps"

Lectures two through ten -again-  "It's all about B Ps"

So just IMAGINE** if you will the professor out there, as I type, recruiting HS studs that are -true to the word- hammers. Gotta love it.

** apologies to John

Edited by denny

Trust me, I know.  I think PSU will score 160+ for sure, which will undoubtedly win it.  However, Zain will be responsible for ~28 of those points.  If he were to go down prior to NCAA's, it's entirely possible that tOSU scores 140+ and takes it.  Two caveats--tOSU needs to be full strength in March, and NaTo has to go 125.  

I like Cortez by the way and think he can AA, but unless he's going back down to 133, 141 returns 7/8 AA's, plus McKenna who didn't AA and Hayes coming off of injury. There's not a ton of space on the margins for guys to AA and make a real impact on the team score.  Exact same thing can be said for Hayes as well.  

Hayes lost to Kolodzik who finished 8th.  Counting Hayes as an auto AA, is hardly accurate.

Hayes lost to Kolodzik who finished 8th.  Counting Hayes as an auto AA, is hardly accurate.

He never said anything of the sort regarding Hayes.  He said 141 returns 7/8 AA's plus McKenna and Hayes.  He was pointing out how deep 141 is and how hard it would be to AA.  Also, Kolodzik took 7th not 8th.  Other than that.....................

21guns, for once will you not look at something with a bias?  As MSU mentioned, he said nothing about Hayes becoming an AA.  He didn't even say possibly, let alone automatic.

Hey 21 guns, just in case you were wondering he didn't say Hayes was a lock to AA or even that he would AA. Just wanted to point that out.

Shame on you.  You are only supposed to repeat someone being wrong when it is me.  When I point out someone is wrong, ignore it.  Get with the program!

Hey, don't be dropping my name, I only battle with MSU when he goes full tilt with one of his negative PSU comments. For the most part I hold back however like Charlie Murphy said in regard to Rick James, once in a while you have to check him because he is a habitual line crosser.   

Edited by Flying-Tiger