Sign in to follow this  
tommygun

Stieber vs Ramos

I don't think this is a close matchup. Stieber will dominate just shy of a major decision.

The only thing we have to look at is Ramos, McCormick, Dardanes and Morrison are all within a point of each other, than Logan Stieber beats McCormick 12-1, his closest match of the year other than DiJulius.

Chris Dardanes Dec Jon Morrison (Oklahoma State) 3-1SV

Jon Morrison Dec Chris Dardanes (Minnesota) 3-2

Tony Ramos (Iowa) Dec Jon Morrison 3-2

Nathan McCormick (Missouri) Dec Jon Morrison 4-3

Tony Ramos Dec Chris Dardanes (Minnesota) 8-2

-------------------

Logan Stieber Maj Nathan McCormick (Missouri) 12-1

I don't think this is a close matchup. Stieber will dominate just shy of a major decision.

The only thing we have to look at is Ramos, McCormick, Dardanes and Morrison are all within a point of each other, than Logan Stieber beats McCormick 12-1, his closest match of the year other than DiJulius.

Chris Dardanes Dec Jon Morrison (Oklahoma State) 3-1SV

Jon Morrison Dec Chris Dardanes (Minnesota) 3-2

Tony Ramos (Iowa) Dec Jon Morrison 3-2

Nathan McCormick (Missouri) Dec Jon Morrison 4-3

Tony Ramos Dec Chris Dardanes (Minnesota) 8-2

-------------------

Logan Stieber Maj Nathan McCormick (Missouri) 12-1

true freshman grey also lost by 11

I dont know, who are the big wins this year for logan? He barely beat ramos last time. He'll barely beat him again (if he beats him at all)

Stieber wrestles Ramos very conservatively as he knows Ramos thrives off of quick counter attacks. He has to pick and choose his leg attacks sparingly and cant just reel off shot after shot like he can against other opponents. Tony made him pay for that with a first period counter td in their B1G match last year. Thats IS the only td Logan gave up to Tony in there 3 matches i believe. Judging by the past 3 matches, the only way i believe Tony can score on Logan is if Logan takes sloppy shots and Tony counters for a score. I dont believe Tony can score on Logan with straight on (leg) attacks. Tony is able too keep it close due to his heavy on the head, physical tie that is good at blocking off his opponents offense.

I imagine their next match will b close once again with Logan winning 5-3 with a pair of td's and an escape. Logan is a killer on top but i think Tony does nothing but work on fending off that claw ride enough to thwart a RT point.

Are Stieber v Ramos as good a duo as Dake v Taylor?
Ramos has no titles or Hodge trophies so I'd say not yet. Maybe next year if Ramos wins a title?

May not be as good a duo based on credentials, but based on real action and excitment; just as good or better!

Agree. We could have some of the best NCAA finals this year in a long, long time.

Ramos-Stieber

Dake -Taylor.

Plus some quality match-ups, like Killer v. Q; Z vs. Nelson or Bradley; Maple v. Stieber; JO v. Jason Chamberlain;

Didn't Stieber beat a Russian in Times Sq. this past Summer? My point is that I think Dake and Stieber both gained a lot with their International experiences in the last off-season and are showing the biggest gains as a result of the hard work they put in with the USA team, both physically and technically.

skikayaker-I never agree with anything you say and I don't agree that Stieber will come close to majoring Ramos. There is a 1-2 point difference between the two and that's it. However, I agree with your statement (I can't believe we agree on anything, this is a first) that Stieber and Dake gained a lot from their international experience last summer. Especially Dake training with Burroughs. I've already posted that several times in several different threads. Each time it was met with opposition by your PSU buddies. I'm glad to see you've come around on at least this, such an obvious conclusion to draw. Wrestling in freestyle can and does help with folkstyle wrestling and man sharpens man, of course training with Burroughs helped Dake to get better. DT did not have this benefit to my knowledge. Based off his matches with Dake and Howe I don't see DT being too competitive with Burroughs, so no surprise it was Dake who was the training partner.

Steiber will own Ramos....1X or the next 10Xs.

I don't expect Ramos to beat Steiber, until he actually does so, which may never happen. Ramos has had only a couple of mediocre matches this year, the rest of the time he's been a beast. Steiber is good enough to take some of Tony's fire away, and we know Steiber will attempt to slow the match down to a snails pace, which he is very good at doing. May depend on who is reffing also.

One thing I know for certain, Ramos will give it all he's got. Might not be enough. I'd be stunned if it's more than a 3 point match either way. IF Ramos were to actually get ahead by 2-3 points and force Steiber into being more aggressive than he wants to be, that may be his undoing. Easier said than done of course. If anyone is going to do it, it's Ramos.

we know Steiber will attempt to slow the match down to a snails pace, which he is very good at doing. May depend on who is reffing also.

This is 100% BS.

Agreed.

I don't care who you are Steiber is coming after you. I have yet, high school and college combined, to see a Logan Stieber match in which he was not aggressive and constantly looking for offense.

Now if you're talking about Hunter you may have something there, but not Logan.