Sign in to follow this  
HawkFanactic1

Ohio State Line-Up

Actually, that lineup could win it all even with what PSU has. Problem is I don't see that being their actual lineup.

1.NATO back at 125 need to see to believe

2.Wasn't it recently stated that Pletcher is redshirt ing?

3.Dont see White eligible.

With that said, with a HUgE IF, they could have 6 finalists with NATO, M. Jordan, BOJO, Martin, Moore and Snyder. Say 3 of them win. Pletcher, Hayes, white and even Campbell could Aa

They need to go for broke in 2018. Nato, Bojo and Snyder's 60+ points aren't easily replaceable. If they avoid the Pletcher RS and get Nato to 125, it seems like their best option for a title run in the foreseeable future.

Racer could be a low AA in White's place - not a bad trade-out.

Haven't listened to the latest T-row & funky episode yet, really excited for it!

Has anything ever happened on a college mat to make you think that Dayton Racer as a low AA is anything more than wishful thinking?

Has anything ever happened on a college mat to make you think that Dayton Racer as a low AA is anything more than wishful thinking?

I mean, he's a JUCO national champ. Between that and me being a buckeye fan I'll call it half and half. Juco champs in the past have gone on to do more than just low AA in worse situations than at tosu.

Edited by iGranby

I mean, he's a JUCO national champ. Between that and me being a buckeye fan I'll call it half and half. Juco champs in the past have gone on to do more than just low AA in worse situations than at tosu.

And JUCO champs have gone on to do nothing at some pretty good schools too. Nebraska has had a few

If Ohio St. wrestles like they did at Big Tens this year, they'll be a threat. PSU had to have a lot of things go their way at NCAAs to get as many champs as they got. I don't see that happening again next year, but at the same time, they don't need that many champs to win.

Here's to hoping we have a close team race with tOSU-PSU match-ups in the finals at 125, 174 and 184.

In the Askren interview, Logan skipped over Ke-shawn Hayes when going through the lineup. Askren asked him about Ke-shawn being back and he said something like, "we'll see how it shakes out." Probably nothing, but caught my attention.

Noticed that as well and I did notice how he mentioned Pletcher. He will be in the line-up, people just too easily for that coach speak crap

I am not certain I see MyMar as a finalist. While 184 cleared a lot of talent, there are returning AAs coming off redshirt. 

MyMar is hard to figure, he beats the #1 & 3 guys (Bo and Dudley) and gets beaten by a number of lower place guys. 

I am not certain I see MyMar as a finalist. While 184 cleared a lot of talent, there are returning AAs coming off redshirt.

MyMar is hard to figure, he beats the #1 & 3 guys (Bo and Dudley) and gets beaten by a number of lower place guys.

My take is he was a bit undersized and does not yet have "man strength", so if he runs into guys who are very strong, he has trouble moving them and wears out more easily. Dudley is a horse, so I'm not saying he can't beat strong guys. I like Martin's upside and expect him to be a legit contender next year.

In the Askren interview, Logan skipped over Ke-shawn Hayes when going through the lineup.   Askren asked him about Ke-shawn being back and he said something like, "we'll see how it shakes out."  Probably nothing, but caught my attention. 

Noticed that as well and I did notice how he mentioned Pletcher. He will be in the line-up, people just too easily for that coach speak crap

I too noticed that as well and it was very disappointing hearing an inexperience coach, even though he says he's not coaching only training, say something that clearly isn't even close to the truth.

According to Askren,

125-NATO

133-Pletcher

141-Hayes

149-M Jordan

157-Isaiah White

165-Te'Shan Campbell

174-BoJo

184-MyMar

197-Moore

285-Snyder

I see 9 AA's and 5 finalists there with the favorite at 3 weights. That's tough.

21 Guns was right. You're an Ohio State fan posing as an Iowa fan. Odd. Strange but whatever floats your boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 Guns was right. You're an Ohio State fan posing as an Iowa fan. Odd. Strange but whatever floats your boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said it from post #1.  It's actually hilarious.  "BuckFanatic" has finally outed himself, lmao.

Mid May, and not one published article that verifies Pletcher not redshirting.  Not one published article that VERIFIES Nato CLARIFYING he is moving to 125.  Meanwhile, White is not going to Ohio State, that IS known as fact.  Hayes a sure fire AA?  Some aren't even sure he wins the spot, let alone finishes 8th or better.  He lost to Kolodzik, who DID finish EIGHT in St Louis.

Let's add that Sorenson dominated Micah when it counted, so picking him for 2nd is a stretch.  Not one thing has verified Brandon moving up or down, from 149.  The weight isn't exactly crowded with people who are dying to get twisted into 4 pieces by Zain.  Sorenson has a clear path to the final, he isn't moving.  

Dead lifts are great, but they can't stop a bow and arrow, and they don't help you get out off of bottom.

Edited by 21guns