Sign in to follow this  
HawkFanactic1

Ohio State Line-Up

What?????????????????????

Zahid has beaten both Nickal and Martin, and he is about 10x more consistent than MyMar is so he is actually a lot more likely to even get the chance to face Nickal in a final than is Martin who could easily lose in the qtrs or semis. 

Martin lost a bunch of times last year by 3 and 4 pts., and he even had losses by 5 and 7 points. Zahid lost once, by 1 point. 

I agree wholeheartedly that Zahid is a bigger threat at 184 than Martin.  The head to head results prove it beyond a shadow of doubt.  Zahid has dismantled Martin more ways from Sunday, and yes, I'm a Buckeye fan. 

I think having Zahid at 184 is the best choice for him long-term freestyle-wise, as it sets up a more natural slide-in at 86kg (or whatever weight class is near there in the future).  He can continue to bulk up, and battle Cox and DT for the future of that weight class. 

Hopefully, the Ryan/Snyder agreement is shedding some light on how our "Super Elite" can do both, and use the NCAA's as their training ground for the bigger international events and post-graduation careers.

125-NATO

133-Pletcher

141-Hayes

149-Mckenna

157-M Jordon

165-Te'Shan Campbell

174-BoJo

184-MyMar

197-Moore

285-Snyder

Will give Penn state a run for there money

Wrong.  

Nato is 133 and McKenna isn't at Ohio State.

All 3 look like the will have monster teams. It's just that PSU will have 3 Thor hammers in Retherford, Nolf and Nickal. They are damn near guaranteed 75 or more from them. Then add in Hall, Joseph and Suriano and you are looking at a bare minimum of 50 more. That still leaves another 10 from Nevills and 5+ from McCutcheon and 133-141.

Any way you look at it, PSU is a 140+ Team if. Healthy.

tOSU and OkState look great, but they simply don't have the tournament scoring power to compete with PSU.

My assumptions on the lineup and projected placement at NCAA's.  Note, I don't think the weights are going to be all year consistent, but come tourney time, this is what we'll see:

125:  NaTo - 1st

133:  Pletcher - 5th

141:  Hayes - 7th

149:  MiJo - 3rd

157:  Racer - DNP

165:  Campbell - DNP

174:  BoJo - 2nd (again...)

184:  MyMar - 3rd

197:  Moore - 1st

HWT:  Snyder - 1st

So... three "Thor's Hammers", and then a decent showing from the next tier (funny, how "next tier" is now 2nd and 3rd placers). 

The two DNP's are gonna sting, but... it is what it is.

My assumptions on the lineup and projected placement at NCAA's.  Note, I don't think the weights are going to be all year consistent, but come tourney time, this is what we'll see:

So... three "Thor's Hammers", and then a decent showing from the next tier (funny, how "next tier" is now 2nd and 3rd placers). 

Wow.  Handing the championship to Moore yet again?  Amazing.  We'll see.  Also, Pletcher 5th?  Did he look like a 5th placer last week>?

Guest Kingsland

Wow. Handing the championship to Moore yet again? Amazing. We'll see. Also, Pletcher 5th? Did he look like a 5th placer last week>?

Who do you take over Moore? I would assume he is the favorite and not a particularly controversial pick.

Agreed on Snyder and NaTo being favorites. Not so sure about Moore, but he'll probably be the favorite at 197. I think you have serious wishful thinking on Pletcher finishing 5th.

My assumptions on the lineup and projected placement at NCAA's. Note, I don't think the weights are going to be all year consistent, but come tourney time, this is what we'll see:

125: NaTo - 1st

133: Pletcher - 5th

141: Hayes - 7th

149: MiJo - 3rd

157: Racer - DNP

165: Campbell - DNP

174: BoJo - 2nd (again...)

184: MyMar - 3rd

197: Moore - 1st

HWT: Snyder - 1st

As good as that is it still barely catches PSU at their median.

125: 24

133: 10.5

141: 7.5

149: 16

157: 1

165: 1.5

174: 18

184: 17

197: 24

285: 26

That is 145.5 with a very optimistic outcome. As good as that is, it is hard to see PSU scoring less than that if healthy.

Edited by MSU158

As good as that is it still barely catches PSU at their median.

125: 24

133: 10.5

141: 7.5

149: 16

157: 1

165: 1.5

174: 18

184: 17

197: 24

285: 26

That is 145.5 with a very optimistic outcome. As good as that is, it is hard to see PSU scoring less than that if healthy.

True

If it's McKenna instead of Hayes, that rises a little bit

Also, keep in mind that if any of the returning PSU champ or suriano are injured, or anybody slips up, their point total is dramatically impacted

To PSUs credit, everything besides Suriano's injury went as well as possible at NCAAs. They deserve credit for that, but the likelihood of that happening again seems slim.

Hall has to beat Zahid and Bojo again. Both are in his league.

Bo has to beats Myles, which is likely but not a lock

Vincenzo has to against beat a killers row. iMar is looking for vengeance, Massa is continuing for to improve, and the rest of the Wright is solid. Not an easy road.

If PSU performs to the best of their ability and avoids injuries, they can't be caught, but that seems unlikely

True

If it's McKenna instead of Hayes, that rises a little bit

Is this based on McKenna's results last year?  141 has more parity than a lot of weights and to assume that McKenna will score more points than Hayes seems extremely short sided.  Common opponents don't tell a full story but if you review the 2, seems like wash.

I hope if McKenna does attend tOSU that Coach Ryan finds a way to get both wrestlers in the lineup otherwise it just doesn't make sense to me.

Is this based on McKenna's results last year?  141 has more parity than a lot of weights and to assume that McKenna will score more points than Hayes seems extremely short sided.  Common opponents don't tell a full story but if you review the 2, seems like wash.

I hope if McKenna does attend tOSU that Coach Ryan finds a way to get both wrestlers in the lineup otherwise it just doesn't make sense to me.

"Short sided"?  Which of Hayes' performances during his redshirt year has led you to believe he is a certain shot for high AA?  He lost to Kolodzik, who finished 7th.

"Short sided"?  Which of Hayes' performances during his redshirt year has led you to believe he is a certain shot for high AA?  He lost to Kolodzik, who finished 7th.

He also beat Kolodzik so I would think his chances are just as good as the rest of the field.  Also, if you read my comment in full, 141 has parity.  No one called McKenna not placing but that's exactly what happened.  I'm not calling high placement for Hayes but I can see him making the podium.

I'm a big Kolodzik fan and thought he would place higher than 7th.

Edited by meluvwrestling

He also beat Kolodzik so I would think his chances are just as good as the rest of the field.  Also, if you read my comment in full, 141 has parity.  No one called McKenna not placing but that's exactly what happened.  I'm not calling high placement for Hayes but I can see him making the podium.

I'm a big Kolodzik fan and thought he would place higher than 7th.

As good as the rest of the field eh?

Heil vs Hayes, who you got?  

I'm not going to go through a bunch of picks, pointless.  My money will always be on Heil over the field.  Until someone beats him, he owns 141#.

Agreed.  I am a Mean Dean fan, and personally I love the way he wrestles:  Different styles for different wrestlers, and Mean Dean is about winning.

Agreed.  I am a Mean Dean fan, and personally I love the way he wrestles:  Different styles for different wrestlers, and Mean Dean is about winning.

For somebody who BLASTS anyone that talks about a team other than theirs, you sure have a TON of posts on an Ohio State Lineup thread............

Edited by MSU158

For somebody who BLASTS anyone that talks about a team other than theirs, you sure have a TON of posts on an Ohio State Lineup thread............

Dont see you disagreeing with any of my points though, lmao.