Sign in to follow this  
Threadkilla

Odd Comment in Flo Rankings

This is part of Flo's reasoning for Penn States recruiting class at #3  What is the reasoning for the Nevills comment in the second paragraph?  

They’re Here: The late flip of Verkleeren makes it three Top 20 recruits. Nick Lee graduated high school early and has already been in the Nittany Lion room for awhile now and owns a senior level win over Alan Waters. The nice thing about these three recruits (beyond their proven abilities) is that they possess line-up flexibility. Lee could go 33 or 41, and Verkleeren and Berge can probably slot in (in some permutation) for Zain and Nolf.

Needs For Next Year: The Lions don’t need much, if anything. In 2017-2018, everyone returns. In 2018-2019 everyone returns except for Zain (and possibly Nick Nevills). Penn State has what appears to be the #1 class coming in next year. It’s perhaps the most complete and utterly dominant recruiting effort ever. That being said, keep an eye on PSU targeting a 197 - perhaps Michael Beard or Gavin Hoffman. 

Is Willie just starting rumors about Nevills leavig before his senior year when he will be among the favorites to win an NCAA title?.  

Edited by Threadkilla

I don't see why that would happen because his senior year would be his brother's (Seth) redshirt freshman year.  It lines up perfectly to have Seth in the lineup for 4 years following a redshirt.

The only possible way I see Nick leaving is maybe if he graduates and transfers to Fresno State for his senior year to wrestle with his other brother, AJ.  And that's only if AJ stays down at 197 and doesn't go up to HWT.  But this doesn't make sense because he would be leaving Seth at PSU. 

This is part of Flo's reasoning for Penn States recruiting class at #3  What is the reasoning for the Nevills comment in the second paragraph?  

They’re Here: The late flip of Verkleeren makes it three Top 20 recruits. Nick Lee graduated high school early and has already been in the Nittany Lion room for awhile now and owns a senior level win over Alan Waters. The nice thing about these three recruits (beyond their proven abilities) is that they possess line-up flexibility. Lee could go 33 or 41, and Verkleeren and Berge can probably slot in (in some permutation) for Zain and Nolf.

Needs For Next Year: The Lions don’t need much, if anything. In 2017-2018, everyone returns. In 2018-2019 everyone returns except for Zain (and possibly Nick Nevills). Penn State has what appears to be the #1 class coming in next year. It’s perhaps the most complete and utterly dominant recruiting effort ever. That being said, keep an eye on PSU targeting a 197 - perhaps Michael Beard or Gavin Hoffman. 

Is Willie just starting rumors about Nevills leavig before his senior year when he will be among the favorites to win an NCAA title?.  

That Nick Nevills reference makes no sense at all based on anything known in the public sphere, so Willie either knows something not known by anyone else in wrestling or he's just said something that makes no sense. 

I don't see why that would happen because his senior year would be his brother's (Seth) redshirt freshman year.  It lines up perfectly to have Seth in the lineup for 4 years following a redshirt.

The only possible way I see Nick leaving is maybe if he graduates and transfers to Fresno State for his senior year to wrestle with his other brother, AJ.  And that's only if AJ stays down at 197 and doesn't go up to HWT.  But this doesn't make sense because he would be leaving Seth at PSU. 

I thought about FSU, but AJ couldn't make 197 this year. 

That Nick Nevills reference makes no sense at all based on anything known in the public sphere, so Willie either knows something not known by anyone else in wrestling or he's just said something that makes no sense. 

That's exactly what I was thinking.  

That Nick Nevills reference makes no sense at all based on anything known in the public sphere, so Willie either knows something not known by anyone else in wrestling or he's just said something that makes no sense

Yeah, that would be a real shocker.

Um... What?

Can someone explain how this happens as a mistake?

I can understand if the wrong name was written or something but how can a fabricated story about someone considering leaving the program be a mistake?

I guess you can think of some conspiracy theories. I for one will take the man at his word.

People are human

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um... What?

I can understand if the wrong name was written or something but how can a fabricated story about someone considering leaving the program be a mistake?

I think Willie is being heavily influenced by Alex Jones and his ilk over at InfoWars. I wouldn't be shocked if he partakes in that group's after hours party in some Bilderbergesque meeting.

It appears he is already trying to adopt some of Jones' mannerisms in FRL.

8a8.gif

FA0QLu7l1N.gif

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Saylor family.

lol.

i admit to mistakes all the time.

in this case - i was writing fast. idk what the hell was going through my head with that line. first of all, it would be 2019-2020 (not next year) and second of all, Seth and Nick's eligibility line up perfectly. 

so - momentary lapse of consciousness or something haha.

apologies.

Um... What?

Probably because he got Nick's graduation year wrong? Simple mistake - no that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

lol.

i admit to mistakes all the time.

in this case - i was writing fast. idk what the hell was going through my head with that line. first of all, it would be 2019-2020 (not next year) and second of all, Seth and Nick's eligibility line up perfectly. 

so - momentary lapse of consciousness or something haha.

apologies.

Show me a man that don't every make a mistake - and I'll show you a man who ain't doing nothin'.

In the Intermat story about Michael Beard's verbal to PSU Josh Lowe omitted RBY as a 2018 PSU recruit when all others in the PSU recruiting class were mentioned, when asked about it on twitter. (below) is how be answered. RBY has since been added.

Craig‏ @CraigGrobstich 2h 2 hours ago

Replying to @JoshMLowe @InterMat

Isn't RBY part of this 2018 class???

Reply:

Josh Lowe‏ @JoshMLowe 2h 2 hours ago

that's an open-ended question at this point. It's loaded enough w/o him though.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Threadkilla

Question for PSU fans

Would you prefer more parity? Is it more fun to watch without being a huge favorite?

Cael is doing his job damn well. Just curious what you think as a fan.

Cael's job is to win and develop his wrestlers on and off the mat. He is doing a great job and I support his efforts 100 percent.

I will not be rooting for PSU to be less successful. That makes no sense.

Question for PSU fans

Would you prefer more parity? Is it more fun to watch without being a huge favorite?

Cael is doing his job damn well. Just curious what you think as a fan.

I believe watching it from a standpoint that they could break some records makes in interesting.  If PSU was winning every year with 125 points while no other team had over 100 points then I believe that isn't as interesting.