Sign in to follow this  
Threadkilla

Odd Comment in Flo Rankings

Question for PSU fans

Would you prefer more parity? Is it more fun to watch without being a huge favorite?

Cael is doing his job damn well. Just curious what you think as a fan.

Huge favorite? PSU was ranked 7th last year coming into the season by most publications and that was after winning National Chanpionship the year prior.

In addition the guru MSU have picked us behind OSU two years in a row.

I'm sure this year we'll start behind tOSU and OSU and probably Michigan

PSU enjoys the underdog role!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pish6969

As a PSU fan and sports fan in general I prefer the dynasty. I have always felt that is creates a polarizing moment which brings fans to the table.  People watched to see Tiger Woods win and lose.  People will watch wanting PSU to win or conversely they will watch hoping they lose regardless of who wins.

Desanto beating Lee this year in PA.  People didn't necessarily cheer against Lee but as many wanted someone to beat him as they wanted to see him win again.

Just think of the hoopla if someone beats Snyder this year and they have a rematch at the national tournament.  It would be the match to see.

Question for PSU fans

Would you prefer more parity? Is it more fun to watch without being a huge favorite?

Cael is doing his job damn well. Just curious what you think as a fan.

I think it would be great for the sport if the majority of this board actually rooted for their OWN teams, rather than the field vs Penn State.  

As a PSU fan and sports fan in general I prefer the dynasty. I have always felt that is creates a polarizing moment which brings fans to the table.  People watched to see Tiger Woods win and lose.  People will watch wanting PSU to win or conversely they will watch hoping they lose regardless of who wins.

Desanto beating Lee this year in PA.  People didn't necessarily cheer against Lee but as many wanted someone to beat him as they wanted to see him win again.

Just think of the hoopla if someone beats Snyder this year and they have a rematch at the national tournament.  It would be the match to see.

Nobody in Hershey that night was rooting against Spencer Lee, and Hershey is hardly a stronghold filled with PSU fans.  Exeter took a lot of fans from their town, which is much closer to Hershey than Pittsburgh, which is why Austin had a home crowd advantage.

And as far as people rooting against PSU, we're already there, the majority of this board is filled with haters who don't even have the stomach to follow their own teams, and simply put together fantasy teams with the hopes of somehow upsetting Penn State.