• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 wrestlingphish

wrestlingphish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:39 AM

Mark Perry has officially accepted the head job for the Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

http://www.trackwres...ostId=568835009

• Witherman and GranbyTroll like this

#2 Witherman

Witherman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

welcome back Mark, we're glad to have you.

• stp likes this

#3 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:55 AM

Must have missed the nights when all is quiet and you can hear the corn grow?

#4 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,411 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:19 AM

I didn't realize the HWC didn't have a head.   http://www.hawkeyewr...club.com/staff/

#5 IronChef

IronChef

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:21 AM

I assume this is indication that recruiting was not his favorite part of the job. Now he gets to work with elite level college and senior level athletes without having to work the phones to convince 17 year olds to come wrestle for him.

#6 wrestlingphish

wrestlingphish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

There has also been some criticism of Perry in the past for 'only focusing on his elite guys'. I have no idea if that was the case but this gives him the opportunity to do exactly that.

Edited by wrestlingphish, 15 May 2017 - 06:25 AM.

• GranbyTroll likes this

#7 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:44 AM

Perry should help their freestyle program. 

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#8 Tofurky

Tofurky

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

Serious question: Beyond training Novachkov for a few years, what are Perry's Senior level Freestyle coaching accolades?

• Greatdane67 likes this

#9 HawkFanactic1

HawkFanactic1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

WE TAKIN OVER! IMAR, PERRY, DELGADO, MEIJA, AND PERRY will all be in the room soon and no one will be able to stop it. I just bought my tickets to their golf tournament and tickets for Nationals next year! Wooo baby!

#10 SikeD

SikeD

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

Serious question: Beyond training Novachkov for a few years, what are Perry's Senior level Freestyle coaching accolades?

+1

• cauliflowerear likes this

#11 Fletcher

Fletcher

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:15 AM

Must have missed the nights when all is quiet and you can hear the corn grow?

Have you been to Champaign, IL?

• aknipp and Witherman like this

#12 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,521 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

Are you guys intentionally being short sighted?  Mark Perry is not going to HWC to be Freestyle-centric.  That will remain Terry's focus.  It is simply a job title that ALLOWS Perry to be another coach to help Iowa wrestling as a whole.  He will have essentially the same access to the Iowa wrestlers that the rest of the staff does.  In essence, Iowa has gained another top notch assistant coach!

• tbert likes this

#13 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,411 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:29 AM

MSU appears to be right.  It's another assistant coaching job.  So HWC is still without a head?  Both Brand's are listed as "advisors."  

"After assistant coaching stints at Penn State, Cal Poly and Illinois, the two-time NCAA champion is rejoining the Hawkeyes. Calling it a “dream job”,  Perry told Trackwrestling in an exclusive interview that he has accepted an opportunity to oversee elite-level athlete development with the Hawkeye Wrestling Club."

#14 21guns

21guns

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

WE TAKIN OVER! IMAR, PERRY, DELGADO, MEIJA, AND PERRY will all be in the room soon and no one will be able to stop it. I just bought my tickets to their golf tournament and tickets for Nationals next year! Wooo baby!

"We"?

This does not affect Ohio State.

#15 Tofurky

Tofurky

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

Did Justin Mejia (I assume this is who you mean) decommit from Iowa, then sign with Illinois, only to now decommit from the Illini and so as to head back to Iowa? I hadn't heard about this.

#16 HawkFanactic1

HawkFanactic1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:30 AM

Did Justin Mejia (I assume this is who you mean) decommit from Iowa, then sign with Illinois, only to now decommit from the Illini and so as to head back to Iowa? I hadn't heard about this.

It will happen, I guarantee it. You may see him take the route of HWC next year and reclassifying. It'd be great for him and us!

#17 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

It will happen, I guarantee it. You may see him take the route of HWC next year and reclassifying. It'd be great for him and us!

After watching the match he had with DeSanto, I hope it happens.
  • TBar1977 likes this

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#18 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

Maybe they are grooming Perry for the head coaching job. Few more 5th place finishes for Iowa and it could happen. 

I'd throw in a smiley face here if I could find one. 

Edited by TBar1977, 15 May 2017 - 09:58 AM.

• Greatdane67 likes this

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#19 HawkFanactic1

HawkFanactic1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:03 AM

After watching the match he had with DeSanto, I hope it happens.

Definitely smaller than DeSanto and hasn't really been pushed in the room lately. He is very legit and I think a year at HWC would do wonders for him

#20 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:43 AM

Definitely smaller than DeSanto and hasn't really been pushed in the room lately. He is very legit and I think a year at HWC would do wonders for him

The scale at post season weighins said they were the same.
  • Jasonmitchell32 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users