Sign in to follow this  
RetiredPoster

Weekly Poll. Will JO beat Frank Chamizo?

If Chimazo is in shape, I say he prevails. He is very fluid always creating positions that he can take advantage of, and subsequently very difficult to score on. Also if JO wrestles like he did at the Open, ( where he was not exactly a offensive juggernaut ), I think the odds will be against him.

But you never know, maybe we see a JO who is fired up by the crowd and he wrestles the way he did against Kurbanaliev.

Hopefully JO lets it all hang out, and beats the former World Champ. If he can, I think it will raise our optimism for his chances at the WTT, and then maybe Paris.

Chamizo

When was the last time Oliver wrestled a foreigner?

Not sure, probably in one of the last couple Schultz tourneys he won. Would need to look at the brackets, but pretty sure he hit some foreigners there.

He also took Bronze in Turkey (Dogu?) within the last couple years.  That was at 70KG I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angry_Fish

Nobody in their right mind should pick JO in any normal setting. Beat the streets is an exhibition though, so the refs are extremely biased/the athletes are encouraged to put on a show.  So If it happens it will be at the BTS event.  At worlds, not a chance.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

Let's not forget folks, Molinaro was literally 1 second from taking Chamizo out in Rio. So let's not get too carried away with Chamizo, whoever gets to their leg attacks first will win. JO will come out fired up.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Is Chamizo really wealthy? I'm curious about what a world title means in italy. I'm not insinuating anything, just genuinely interested.

He gets a good salary from the Army, plus other income from multiple sponsors, Bundesliga matches, etc. Was awarded 50.000 euros for his bronze medal in Rio (taxes take a chunk out of the price money).

I'd say he's making a good living.