Sign in to follow this  
grapplefan

Harvard OVER Lehigh!

Take a look at this!

125 Jeffrey Ott (Harvard) won by major decision over Alexander Abreu (Lehigh) 10-0. 0 4.00

133 Randy Cruz (Lehigh) won by major decision over Shay Warren (Harvard) 8-0. 4.00 0

141 Steven Keith (Harvard) won by decision over Anthony Salupo (Lehigh) 7-2. 0 3.00

149 Shane Welsh (Lehigh) won by decision over Todd Preston (Harvard) 8-3. 3.00 0

157 Walter Peppelman (Harvard) won by pin over Albert Woody (Lehigh) 0:48. 0 6.00

165 Devon Gobbo (Harvard) won by decision over Benjamen Haas (Lehigh) 5-4. 0 3.00

174 Nathaniel Brown (Lehigh) won by major decision over Ian Roy (Harvard) 13-1. 4.00 0

184 Robert Hamlin (Lehigh) won by tech fall over Josh Popple (Harvard) 6:00 21-5. 5.00 0

197 James Fox (Harvard) won by decision over John Bolich (Lehigh) 2-0. 0 3.00

285 David Ng (Harvard) won by pin over Maximilian Wessell (Lehigh) 7:55. 0 6.00

Dual Meet Score 16.0 25.0

wait cael said small programs cant compete so these duals must have been fixed

nice win for harvard

Do you ever make a post where you aren't either a) Playing the Iowa victim card while defending Iowa or b) Taking a jab at PSU/Cael ?

I'm not surprised, Harvard has a tough balanced team. Look at all the close matches they had against Penn:

125: #20 Mark Rappo (Penn) def. Jeffrey Ott (HU), 6-3 Penn leads, 3-0

133: Jeff Canfora (Penn) def. Shay Warren (HU), 8-5 Penn leads, 6-0

141: #13 Steven Keith (HU) def. #9 C.J. Cobb (Penn), 11-4 Penn leads, 6-3

149: Andrew Lenzi (Penn) def. Todd Preston (HU), 4-1 Penn leads, 9-3

157: #8 Walter Peppelman (HU) def. Troy Hernandez (Penn), 6-0 Penn leads, 9-6

165: Casey Kent (Penn) def. Devon Gobbo (HU), 7-5 Penn leads, 12-6

174: Ian Korb (Penn) def. Cameron Croy (HU), 2-0 Penn leads, 15-6

184: Canaan Bethea (Penn) def. Josh Popple (HU), 4-2 (SV2) Penn leads, 18-6

197: #9 Micah Burak (Penn) def. James Fox (HU), 6-3 Penn leads, 21-6

285: Kyle Cowan (Penn) def. Nicholas Gajdzik (HU), 2-1 Penn leads, 24-6

Well I guess losing to Harvard should be taken as a grain of salt except LU is losing Welsh and Hamlin and after that who knows what happens. If the goal is to manage a top 20 program than Santoro has succeeded. He has also put out one of the most boring product on the mat possible.

Before anyone fires back on their incoming class, I would simply say being a good recruit on paper does not = top 10 program.

Just Hatchet and Rey. Hamlin was 4 and Kennedy like 8. Not bad but not world beater either.

So, to reiterate, 4 finalists in the last two years (Rey 2x), four AAs last year, Joe Kennedy placing while being held together with bubble gum and baling wire, Brandon Hatchett taking 2nd, and some Lehigh fans want to run Santoro out of Bethlehem.

Well, it would certainly help our recruiting.

You might as well add the fact that Rey was also a national champ! I give Santoro all the credit for Hatchett because he certainly was not an NCAA finalist caliber wrestler. As an outsider looking in I would advise the Lehigh fans pump the brakes on the Santoro execution.

The cold hard reality is that 4 aa's isn't going to win the NCAA's or even be considered for the best team in the East.

...the arrogant Lehigh fan base is choking on a lightly seasoned, fully mature crow gumbo right now.

..they'll be back into fighting form for EIWA's, 2015!

^^^Hatchett was an incredibly talented high school athlete, had Wade Schalles on his side, and got a significant scholarship to wrestle for Lehigh. The word on Hatchett when he was in 10th grade was that he had quickness and athleticism approaching a young Vertus or Greg Jones. Hatchett was a hot prospect for those who were after him, but apparently stayed below the national scouting radar. Pat Santoro is a fabulous recruiter and knew darn well he was getting a prospect with multi-NCAA AA potential.

I think the reason the fan base isn't freaking out a bit more right now is because even the nuttiest of Lu fans sees that there have been one too many uncontrollable factors to blame the entirety of lehigh's record on his coaching job. I mean 2 schollie guys out of 10 go down to literal could-be-deadly illnesses, plus add some more injuries (Napoli, Brill, Salupo) and guys out on redshirt, and your left with this kind of season. I don't know, maybe some of the die-hards are ready to pull the plug but I don't think so... It's one thing to under perform with an intact line-up, it's another to have a shaky year with guys that are supposed to be shaky. In other words, it's not like guys are getting upset left and right... The guys on the team that are 'supposed' to win do win, and some making some good strides throughout the season (Welsh, Nap, Brown especially) Heck they would have beat Oregon state with Napoli, and did beat Oklahoma without him. In the end I just dont think you can take these kind of uncontrollable line-up lumps and put it all on Santoro for not creating some dynamite season (although you can hold him accountable for other things). And I think the Lu train agrees... For now.