#1 quanon

quanon

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

JH has a new article up on Flo about this:

http://www.flowrestl...er#.WSeV5DM-KRs

I was surprised that Boise's women's track team has yearly revenues of $687K while the men's team generates $361K (wrestling had revenues of $222K).  I'm not sure if those numbers are only estimates or if they are based on 2015.  In either case, what would cause that kind of discrepancy?

• Jaroslav Hasek likes this

#2 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

I have a hard time making sense of any NCAA revenue numbers. it appears that each school reports their numbers independently and with little accounting consistency between institutions. I would trust Boise State's game day ticket sales revenues but beyond that it gets fuzzy.

the expense numbers look more concrete, as they usually look at other schools as well. for what it's worth I feel pretty confident trusting the reported salaries at schools that report that data. 

as for the discrepancy between BSU's women's and men's track teams' revenue, anyone's guess is as good as mine!

and thanks for reading and sharing btw!

#3 AKHUNTER

AKHUNTER

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:16 AM

I hope there will be some news on BSU....... unless I missed it.

I was a real BSU fan. Before Randall took the reins it was a tough up and coming program..... he ran it right into the ground. He did have some success with holdovers. But with a team of "his" guys...not so much.

I coached in Idaho for several years and found him to be arrogant and aloof as an assistant..... I thought he was going to have problems being successful with his attitude.

I would gladly donate to their program if it survives..... since he is gone.

Edited by AKHUNTER, 30 May 2017 - 11:17 AM.

#4 Idaho

Idaho

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

Kids are moving on now. They had to do what they had to do.

Fred Green - Virginia

Sam Eckart - CC in Colorado

Kevin Vough - South Dakota State

Jose Tapia - George Mason 

#5 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:15 AM

I was surprised that Boise's women's track team has yearly revenues of $687K while the men's team generates $361K (wrestling had revenues of $222K).  I'm not sure if those numbers are only estimates or if they are based on 2015.  In either case, what would cause that kind of discrepancy?

Women in skimpy shorts and tops are a lot easier to look at than guys.

#6 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:49 AM

Coming in super late to this (I stumbled upon this thread via the search), but the track revenues are for indoor & outdoor track combined - divide the numbers by 2 to get a more accurate accounting of the individual sports. Sometimes schools will lump in cross-country with track also since the NCAA counts them all towards the same sport's scholarship count.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users