Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Gilman

I don't mind it, Gilman always shows up to wrestle (unlike Downey). In addition, he was actually much more dominant as a senior than Nico and Ramos, sans an NCAA semi goof up. Kid is really tough.

IMO a person with his attitude is a horrible person to have as an ambassador to the sport and would be someone I would never want as my team's coach. He really does Iowa and himself a huge disservice by running his mouth so much.

Relatedly, it seems Ramos had some of these tendencies too, but has gotten better in this regard since leaving Iowa.

God I hope Gilman gets his hands on Ramos and thrashes him. I'm so sick and tired of his Ramos not doing a damn thing and winning WTT. He will never medal, we need new blood in there.

I think Nashon would be perfect but he chose to go to ASU for some dumb reason and hasn't improved at all.

God I hope Gilman gets his hands on Ramos and thrashes him. I'm so sick and tired of his Ramos not doing a damn thing and winning WTT. He will never medal, we need new blood in there.

I think Nashon would be perfect but he chose to go to ASU for some dumb reason and hasn't improved at all.

I think Graff makes the team. But not expecting him to medal in France if he does...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relatedly, it seems Ramos had some of these tendencies too, but has gotten better in this regard since leaving Iowa.

Absolutely. After leaving Iowa, I feel that Ramos became a much more likeable person. Metcalf too.. and I was a big Metcalf fan during his years at Iowa.

I think Graff makes the team. But not expecting him to medal in France if he does...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Graff gets there, it just comes down to if he can take Ramos down.  They met 5 times in college.  Graff went 1-4 and only put up 2 combined takedowns in those 5 matches (one of which was overtime of their first match back in 2011, the only one he won).  Now Ramos also only put up 3 takedowns in those matches (plus the one tilt in the Final), so it wasn't like he was lighting up the scoreboard either, but that's always been his style.  Graff has obviously improved his offense since then and also developed an amazing par terre offense, but Ramos is incredibly hard to turn (has any American other than Dennis ever turned Ramos in FS?) so I think it just comes down to if Graff can get 3 or so takedowns per match.  If he can, he'll win because Ramos is unlikely to put up more than a handful of points.  If he can't, it will inevitably be a 4-4 sort of match and somehow Ramos usually finds a way to win those.

Top 10 research- based strategies for improving as an athlete:

1.  Choose and maintain a positive attitude.
  2.  Maintain a high level of self-motivation.
  3.  Set high, realistic goals.
  4.  Deal effectively with people.
  5.  Use positive self-talk.
  6.  Use positive mental imagery.
  7.  Manage anxiety effectively.
  8.  Manage your emotions effectively.
  9.  Maintain concentration.
  10.  If you live in Iowa, move.
Edited by HurricaneWrestling

5 guys could win 125. Even Gillman. I think he is a big underdog but we will see. 

This is an up for grabs weight.  I would put Gilman as the 6th most likely guy to win the trials out of 11 competitors.  The other 5 guys would be pretty big surprises if they pulled out a win.

My order of most likely to win:

1 - Ramos

2 - Graff

3 - Garret

4 - NaTo

5 - Nico

6 - Gilman

No. Because he was gonna break the competition. Seoerate himself. Big talker. Acting cocky in Paris. Love the way he does the split!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ha.. in a thread titled Gilman, Nico's the cocky one.. Wow..

His post Paris win interview he came off pretty humble if you ask me.

IMO Tomasello's has his number.

NICO has Gilmans number.

Gilman has Tomasello's number.

Ramos beats all.