Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Who will be the highest placing freshman next season?

I don't understand how anyone can argue this point.

Freshman inevitably get better.

Marinelli will be beating IMar and Anthony Valencia next year.

Or else his coaches have failed him.

And that brings us back to how the BULL will be the highest placing freshmsn next year. I Mar and everyone else should be afraid, very afraid.

I have a feeling that if "the bull" was at psu, the psu faithful would be talking about him a lot differently. Hawk is doing the same thing you guys do, that bugs people. Picking basically unproven freshmen to come out and dominate. Yes, it might have panned out a couple of times, but it comes off a little ridiculous. You just don't see it unless others do it apparently.

Edited by maolsen

I have a feeling that if "the bull" was at psu, the psu faithful would be talking about him a lot differently. Hawk is doing the same thing you guys do, that bugs people. Picking basically unproven freshmen to come out and dominate. Yes, it might have panned out a couple of times, but it comes off a little ridiculous. You just don't see it unless others do it apparently.

Oh really? How many PSU fans this time last year predicted Vincenzo Joseph would be the highest placing freshman?

If "the Bull" was at PSU, he'd be a backup.

Oh really? How many PSU fans this time last year predicted Vincenzo Joseph would be the highest placing freshman?

No one saw him beating Imar, just like no one saw Martin taking out Nickal the year before, but he had some lofty expectations if I remember correctly. Cenzo put together a great tournament, but going into next year I still would pick him behind Imar and Massa. I don't think it's crazy to think Marinelli could sneak in at 4th, which isn't far off of Cenzo. That being said, skill setwise I dont think hed be able to knock off Massa or IMar, which we saw Cenzo is capable of. Edited by maolsen

No one saw him beating Imar, no, but he had some lofty expectations if I remember correctly.

I think most had him 5 to 8, then the fan base readjusted higher as the results came in. The freshmen PSU fans were totally geeked about, myself included, were Hall and Suriano. I thought Hall could win, and as the results came in I basically expected Suriano might finish as high as 2nd with an outside chance of winning it all. A pretty good case can be made fo0r that outcome if he doesn't get injured. 

I'm only saying that how he is coming off, with those predictions, are a lot like how a lot of you come off with yours. That's why people argue with you guys. Honestly I could see Nick Lee competing next year for a title, seeing him all thru high school I think his style is perfect for psu, But I would predict somewhere from mid/low aa to round of 12, and most people probably wouldn't attack me for it. (or use one freestyle tournament because they hate psu)

You guys came off the same way to everyone that wasn't a psu fanatic, when talking about Suriano, and even Hall (because of size worries), so you PSU fans really shouldn't be to critical of him.

I'm only saying that how he is coming off, with those predictions, are a lot like how a lot of you come off with yours. That's why people argue with you guys. Honestly I could see Nick Lee competing next year for a title, seeing him all thru high school I think his style is perfect for psu, But I would predict somewhere from mid/low aa to round of 12, and most people probably wouldn't attack me for it. (or use one freestyle tournament because they hate psu)

98 percent of PSU predictions from me have been team performance based. And like them or not, they have been 100 percent correct the past 7 years.

That Iowa troll's predictions have no way of coming true.

Edited by TBar1977

You guys came off the same way to everyone that wasn't a psu fanatic, when talking about Suriano, and even Hall (because of size worries), so you PSU fans really shouldn't be to critical of him.

I think you are seeing what you want to see, Vak was the one being critical because he didn't like me bringing up Maranelli's bad losses and "only" predicting rd 12/low AA. 

Since you keep bringing up Penn State, when did one of their top recruits get hammered a couple times as true freshman and then have their fans predict a higher finish then any other freshman? I certainly can't recall anything like that happening, heck Hall and Suriano wrestled as true freshman so I'm not sure why you keep brining them up? Seems to me you are creating straw arguments but feel free to show us some direct quotes to prove me wrong. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger