Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

The incredible 133-pound Buckeye...

Guest Hammerlock3

Stieber is the best wrestler in the NCAA.

To boot, his attitude is obviously great. and there are always similar comments about a huge talent, no matter what a turd they are, but Stieber(s) is(are) beyond reproach.

Just a reminder for those who are unaware- cyclically, the State of Ohio manufacturers wrestlers who are more powerful than a locomotive - can leap tall buildings with a single bound- who are faster than a speeding bullet.................-

WITH THIS BEING SAID.....Steiber is a special wrestler.

I believe McCormick is better than he's been given credit for. He has quietly put together a really good season. I don't intend to puff up Logan's resume either only to illuminate McCormicks. I think McCormick places this year.

Logan Stieber is obviously the top 133 in the country. Whether or not that reflects in Big Ten seedings, I don't know.

However he's seeded, he'll win. Why? Because he's the best; he knows he's the best, and everyone he wrestles knows he's the best.

Can he beaten? Yes. Will he be beaten? No.

I'm sorry TheOhiostate I thought you were decribing Tony Ramos. Sounded like Ramos. Are you totally sure that wasn't just your opinion? Totally sure? Sounded like Ramos.

OK, Gonzo: Friendly sig bet. I'm confident in Logan Stieber. How 'bout you in Tony?

Come on- just for fun.

I don't think Stieber dodged anyone either, but he missed duals against probably his three toughest competitors (Ramos, Graff, and Dardanes [who has a win over Logan]), though he obviously would have been the favorite in all. I have a hard time seeing him put bonus on any of them. So the numbers are a bit inflated. He's only wrestled two top 10 opponents on the season, Thomas and McCormick, and McCormick is marginal in this role anyway.

Again, he's awesome, but his numbers are also inflated, IMO.

I agree entirely. Logan is an absolute stud, but he likely doesn't bonus in any of these matches. Graff, assuming conditioning is not a factor, and certainly Ramos could give Logan a very good match.

Great wrestler, but certainly inflated stats due to missing the 3 most potentially toughest matches.

You have to agree that the stats are inflated due to missing three big duals, but I'd be that there is no way that he wrestles all three without getting bonus. As for Dardanes, forget last year, Dardanes doesn't seem to be wrestling as well and Logan is at an entirely different level imo. There's something about Logan's dominance that isn't quite captured by the scores as well- he's just going out and punishing everyone he faces in all phases- seemingly converting on every shot, not only scoring from top at will but just plain relentlessly punishing guys in the process.

It will be very interesting to see how Logan matches up with the other top guys down the stretch. My gut tells me he's substantially widened the gap from last year to an extent than may really surprise some, I can see him pinning or teching guys in the top five, not every time but not as an isolated match either. Ramos being the exception, as he's a monster himself.

You have to agree that the stats are inflated due to missing three big duals, but I'd be that there is no way that he wrestles all three without getting bonus. As for Dardanes, forget last year, Dardanes doesn't seem to be wrestling as well and Logan is at an entirely different level imo. There's something about Logan's dominance that isn't quite captured by the scores as well- he's just going out and punishing everyone he faces in all phases- seemingly converting on every shot, not only scoring from top at will but just plain relentlessly punishing guys in the process.

It will be very interesting to see how Logan matches up with the other top guys down the stretch. My gut tells me he's substantially widened the gap from last year to an extent than may really surprise some, I can see him pinning or teching guys in the top five, not every time but not as an isolated match either. Ramos being the exception, as he's a monster himself.

I truly think Logan is the best there is in this weight class. I just don't think that you should be able to get the top seed after missing the 3 most important matches. Obviously he has a chance to take the top seed at Big 10's and earn it for NCAA's. It's just - if Ramos only wrestled the guys LS wrestled, the results would be the same.

You're right though, Logan is improved and that is SCARY.

I truly think Logan is the best there is in this weight class. I just don't think that you should be able to get the top seed after missing the 3 most important matches. Obviously he has a chance to take the top seed at Big 10's and earn it for NCAA's. It's just - if Ramos only wrestled the guys LS wrestled, the results would be the same.