Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

The incredible 133-pound Buckeye...

Two matches he's wrestled this year haven't ended as tech falls or falls...in the semis of the Buffalo Invitational against Mark Grey (which doesn't really count, as Mark Grey was representing the Finger Lakes Wrestling Club, and not Cornell), and the finals of the Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational against Nathan McCormick. Counting only matches against wrestlers that will be listed in this week's Dual Impact Index, if you award 6 wins+dual points earned for each win, and 6-dual points denied for each loss (meaning 12-0 for a fall, injury default, or DQ, 11-1 for a tech-five, 10-2 for a tech-four or major, 9-3 for a decision, 3-9 for a loss by decision, 2-10 for a loss by tech-four or major, 1-11 for a loss by tech-five, and 0-12 for a loss by fall, injury default, or DQ), LogieBear is a remarkable 173-7!

I like him also but was POd he avoided Graff. I know it was a coaching decision but if we really wish to take the dual meets and matches seriously we need to deal with this disastrous part of wrestling. Avoid lose seed at NCAAs or something equally severe. Nothing worse for fans than having a premier match not happen and lately it is way too frequent. Many decry the lack of fan participation and want to change the rules. Can you imagine what would happen in boxing if they substitued for Pacquaio after everyone paid admission? Ot the Ravens were pulled in favor of Carolina for the super bowl or even just a normal week for that matter?. It is tough enough to be a fan of the sport without buying the tv pass and having a bunch of marquee matches cancel or even worse driving up to PSU or out to Columbus

I like him also but was POd he avoided Graff. I know it was a coaching decision but if we really wish to take the dual meets and matches seriously we need to deal with this disastrous part of wrestling. Avoid lose seed at NCAAs or something equally severe. Nothing worse for fans than having a premier match not happen and lately it is way too frequent. Many decry the lack of fan participation and want to change the rules. Can you imagine what would happen in boxing if they substitued for Pacquaio after everyone paid admission? Ot the Ravens were pulled in favor of Carolina for the super bowl or even just a normal week for that matter?. It is tough enough to be a fan of the sport without buying the tv pass and having a bunch of marquee matches cancel or even worse driving up to PSU or out to Columbus

Neither Stieber or his coach are having him avoid anyone. He was injured.

Steiber and Ramos are on a completely different level at 133, in my opinion. I think they both cruise to the finals in Des Moines, where I think Logan comes out with the victory. I really enjoy watching him, especially on top. He flows from one pinning combination directly into another. He also seems like a really good kid from what I have seen.

P.S. Despite all of this, JO still had 2 in St. Louis. :)

if you award 6 wins+dual points earned for each win, and 6-dual points denied for each loss (meaning 12-0 for a fall, injury default, or DQ, 11-1 for a tech-five, 10-2 for a tech-four or major, 9-3 for a decision, 3-9 for a loss by decision, 2-10 for a loss by tech-four or major, 1-11 for a loss by tech-five, and 0-12 for a loss by fall, injury default, or DQ), LogieBear is a remarkable 173-7!

wut?

From the Ohio State website:

Ohio State Career Honors- 2012 NCAA and Big Ten Champion ... 2012 All-American ... 2012 InterMat Freshman of the Year ... 2012 All-Big Ten ... 2012 Big Ten Freshman of the Year ... three-time Big Ten Wrestler of the Week ... 2012 Team Captain ... 2011 Eastern Michigan Open Champion.

Spring/Summer 2012- Gold medalist (60kg/132 pounds) at Ziolkowski International in Siedice, Poland (June 17) ... competed at U.S. Olympic Team Wrestling Trials in Des Moines, Iowa, where he advanced to the final before dropping 3-0, 1-0 and 2-0, 0-1, 2-0 decisions to Coleman Scott.

-----------------------------

So, Mr. LtwtLooker, an International freestyle tourney Gold medalist, an Olympic Trials Finalist, a Times Square winner, a former Jr. World Silver Medalist (didn't the Azerbaijani win Olympic Gold the next year?) and the returning NCAA champ was held out by his coach against Graff the same weekend Graff gassed out against Conaway?

I had the pleasure of meeting Logan for the first time at the NWHOF golf tournament when he was a senior in HS. We were on the putting green talking with Danny Hodge walked over, I introduced them. Naturally a few stories about Danny were told. Logan told Danny that he had pinned or TF every opponent in district, regional, and state all four years in high school. Danny said to him I don't ever want to hear the word Tech out of your mouth again!

Last year I saw him at the Cliff Keen in Las Vegas. I noticed he was working strictly on pinning people. I said it looks like you have taken the words from Mr. Hodge to heart. He grinned and said yes. I told him keep this up you'll win several Hodge Awards.

I'm from Oklahoma so there is my liking Logan isn't homerism. It is not in his nature to "dodge" someone, so I believe he was injured enough that he needed to be held out.

I've seen Dallas Bailey in the exact same position as Logan Stieber was against Oliver. Dallas pinned several people by managing to eventually step over after being in that position for a pin. So it wasn't 2, Jordan should have done a double post and gone forward, Logan would have bailed out when his back started going towards the mat.

Posting on message boards after tipping a few isn't nearly as disastrous for fans as having a premier wrestler return too soon from a hamstring injury.

I don't even need to post. I should just leave it to you.

LOL.

I liked your post.

I don't think Stieber dodged anyone either, but he missed duals against probably his three toughest competitors (Ramos, Graff, and Dardanes [who has a win over Logan]), though he obviously would have been the favorite in all. I have a hard time seeing him put bonus on any of them. So the numbers are a bit inflated. He's only wrestled two top 10 opponents on the season, Thomas and McCormick, and McCormick is marginal in this role anyway.

Again, he's awesome, but his numbers are also inflated, IMO.

I don't think Stieber dodged anyone either, but he missed duals against probably his three toughest competitors (Ramos, Graff, and Dardanes [who has a win over Logan]), though he obviously would have been the favorite in all. I have a hard time seeing him put bonus on any of them. So the numbers are a bit inflated. He's only wrestled two top 10 opponents on the season, Thomas and McCormick, and McCormick is marginal in this role anyway.

I agree entirely. Logan is an absolute stud, but he likely doesn't bonus in any of these matches. Graff, assuming conditioning is not a factor, and certainly Ramos could give Logan a very good match.

Great wrestler, but certainly inflated stats due to missing the 3 most potentially toughest matches.

I thoroughly enjoy watching Logan but these stats are hyper-inflated in relation to his counterparts. He hasn't faced a returning All-American this year. Heck, I only see about 5 career wins at NCAAs from his opponents collectively. You gotta expect a returning national champ to smash everyone r12 and worse.

LogieBear is a remarkable 173-7!

SHP - You really don't get enough credit for the rankings you do. It has to be very consuming on a time/labor basis. It is appreciated.

WIth that said, you refered to an adult male as "LogieBear". You are a grown man.

You shouldn't ever do something like that again.

edited to add - I didn't even see WildTurkey's statement on it, as I was compelled to comment as soon as I saw what you had posted.

LogieBear is a remarkable 173-7!

SHP - You really don't get enough credit for the rankings you do. It has to be very consuming on a time/labor basis. It is appreciated.

WIth that said, you refered to an adult male as "LogieBear". You are a grown man.

You shouldn't ever do something like that again.

edited to add - I didn't even see WildTurkey's statement on it, as I was compelled to comment as soon as I saw what you had posted.

https://twitter.com/_LogieBear_

My comment was more aimed at the lack of competition of Logan this season. Seeding is critical in wrestling and anyone who has wrestled knows it makes a big difference early in the NCAA tournament, especially days one and 2 at the lower wgts. This was not meant to disparage Logan. He does not make the call.

Further, i am not interested in anyone returning hurt, my favorite wrestler was knocked out of 2 seasons by injuries. but I think there is no reason to give a guy who has wrestled one top quality guy in a season preference over someone who has knocked off all the studs. You should earn your seed each season. Just my opinion and my comment on duals still stands. Announce the guy is hurt and give the folks the option of supporting your replacement lineup. I am ambivalent about most teams but I am happy to spend time and money to watch one or two match ups i think will be exciting.

He's only wrestled two top 10 opponents on the season, Thomas and McCormick, and McCormick is marginal in this role anyway.

In McCormick's defense, he has put together a great body of work this year so far. Not trying to inflate Stieber's resume as everything else you said is true, but just sayin.

Dardanes, one week removed from a finals loss to Morrison at the Scuffle, might have survived the seven minutes. Morrison, incidentally, has lost twice to McCormick.

Graff, 36 hours after gassing against Conaway, would have gotten tired and then gotten stuck.

Ramos, like Logan, has raised his level since last season. He is a true stud in his own right and it will always be a battle between them.

That works for me and The winner there should get the 1 at NCAAs and probably 2nd gets the 2. Schopp's loss to Graff prevents his moving up unless Graff knocks off Ramos and Logan. Possible but unlikely. Ramos is having a monster year with 16 bonus pt matches and 2 dec.