Sign in to follow this  
nom

Each team's biggest loser

What is it about a team getting really good that causes the worst kind of fans to be created and/or appear? A freakin psychological thesis topic which has probably been done.

Anyway -- when other team's rose in power, were there other examples of 21guns like appearances? To me, he sets a certain standard. In a reflexively jerk away in disgust kind of way. Anyone else like him? Did they eventually mellow/mature or fade away?

DF was a legend....who will ever forget body slamming himself and getting a penalty point.  Some posters are just irritating and don't really rep their schools - they just like to come on here right after the NCAA tourney and wave their banner. Whatever. 

The guy who pinned me at state just delivered my pizza

icon_post_target.gifby DF Â» Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:20 pm

He pinned me in the quarters during my sophomore year after I basically gave up because he had almost teched me. He went on to win state.

I don't think he knew it was me but I gave him an extra big tip cuz I felt kinda bad.

Study hard guys. Wrestling doesn't mean squat in the real world.

The guy who pinned me at state just delivered my pizza

icon_post_target.gifby DF Â» Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:20 pm

He pinned me in the quarters during my sophomore year after I basically gave up because he had almost teched me. He went on to win state.

I don't think he knew it was me but I gave him an extra big tip cuz I felt kinda bad.

Study hard guys. Wrestling doesn't mean squat in the real world.

Oh god that is amazing.

Haha...I forgot about those - I miss Ol'DF .

Rumor has it that he's still out searching for the individual(s) responsible for stealing his state medal.  

Edited by KCMO2

Not really a team but an area person to mention........Good Ol' LiMarty!

If Big didn't make you cheer for Nickerson losses(I sure did, I like Troy and he was an amazing wrestler, but Big's obsession made me root for him to lose)

But Marty was a different beast. He was very knowledgeable about historical stuff related to NY in the 70's and 80's but his head was so far in the Long Island sound that he couldn't admit someone not from NY was better than a NY guy. I don't miss him at all. I would post lengthy posts with stats and data and he was so quick to dismiss legit facts with his opinion.

What is it about a team getting really good that causes the worst kind of fans to be created and/or appear? A freakin psychological thesis topic which has probably been done.

Anyway -- when other team's rose in power, were there other examples of 21guns like appearances? To me, he sets a certain standard. In a reflexively jerk away in disgust kind of way. Anyone else like him? Did they eventually mellow/mature or fade away?

Oklahoma state had 100 dummy fans who disappeared, can't quite remember their names. ST-H20, OkieSpladle, blackandgold. King Kong hung in way longer but even he may have lost interest. 

Got a scholarship to BYU and disappeared from decent society.