TBar1977

Really Enjoyed The Dean Heil Can't Be Beaten Era

Exhibit "A" as to why you can't use freestyle results to predict a folk match. Heil was multiple levels ahead of Mathers in college yet just got thumped. Maybe the Pico fans will take note but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

The PSU back up 141 the last 2 years has previously beaten Dean Heil.

If your team is not putting it's best wrestlers on varsity ,Sounds like a coaching issue then, maybe get a petition going from all the long time fans to get a new coach.

Just trying to find solutions to your problems.

You should ask yourself why you get mad at the internetz before theorizing about anyone else.

You might also improve at basic addition (see Marstellar eligibilty miss in Chance Marstellar thread) before tackling deeper topics.

Edited by TBar1977

You should ask yourself why you get mad at the internetz before theorizing about anyone else.

You might also improve at basic addition (see Marstellar eligibilty miss in Chance Marstellar thread) before tackling deeper topics.

If being wrong is a criteria that eliminates posters, you wouldn't have been around very long.

I'm not sure of everything this match means or doesn't mean, but it certainly means that Dean Heil is ill-suited for freestyle.  It would take a giant commitment for his to alter his style to be effective in Freestyle.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last freestyle match and his college career is the end of him wrestling competitively.  

Seems like this thread has struck a nerve with tbert and it's not even about PS getting another blue chipper.

Naw ...just about another Penn St fan disrespecting another teams wrestler who lost in a tournament that Penn State chose not to send any wrestlers to participate in. Nothing really out of the ordinary.

Naw ...just about another Penn St fan disrespecting another teams wrestler who lost in a tournament that Penn State chose not to send any wrestlers to participate in. Nothing really out of the ordinary.

Not disrespecting Heil at all. Never would have even dreamt up this post without that 5 pager where Plasmodium hijacked a thread and turned it into the whole Heil will take out Zain thread. I think you are smart enough to know this is what I was posting off, but maybe not. 

You said much, MUCH worse in the Marstellar thread than my "era" thread starter. 

Edited by TBar1977

This thread is definitely disrespectful of Dean Heil. And its all my fault!?

Seriously, you claimed Heil would take out Zain. What did you expect on a wrestling msg. board, that nobody would respond? Then 5 pages later Heil loses 11-0, even in free, and no one's gonna mention it? Good one.

And its nobodies "fault", its just msg board stuff.

Is it just me or does anyone else not understand why PSU guys get made fun of for talking about God in interviews? I'm not trying to start anything, but I'd rather have a kid give praise to God than a kid that is super cocky or says absurd remarks. Not to mention if you ever listen to Ohio state guys talk they are extremely big on praising god as well. People that I have talked to that have talked to tom Ryan have even said he likes recruiting kids that have a strong relationship with God. The PSU recruiting is getting out of hand, yes, but I just don't get why they get made fun of or joked on by their beliefs. Sort of like Tim Tebow gettin joked on by his strong relationship with God. Not trying to start an argument just looking for clarity on the subject is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does anyone else not understand why PSU guys get made fun of for talking about God in interviews? I'm not trying to start anything, but I'd rather have a kid give praise to God than a kid that is super cocky or says absurd remarks. Not to mention if you ever listen to Ohio state guys talk they are extremely big on praising god as well. People that I have talked to that have talked to tom Ryan have even said he likes recruiting kids that have a strong relationship with God. The PSU recruiting is getting out of hand, yes, but I just don't get why they get made fun of or joked on by their beliefs. Sort of like Tim Tebow gettin joked on by his strong relationship with God. Not trying to start an argument just looking for clarity on the subject is all.

Because it's absurd to think God gives a damn about a wrestling bout.

It's really bizarre and self serving.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007

Because it's absurd to think God gives a damn about a wrestling bout.

It's really bizarre and self serving.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I could explain it, but would it really matter to you? Would you understand? I would hope that if you thought of it in the following way it would then matter to you, as it does to countless others.

They don't expect God to take their side in a wrestling match, they expect themselves to take God's side in all matches. Please take a moment and think about it. 

Edited by TBar1977

I could explain it, but would it really matter to you? Would you understand? I would hope that if you thought of it in the following way it would then matter to you, as it does to countless others.

They don't expect God to take their side in a wrestling match, they expect themselves to take God's side in all matches. Please take a moment and think about it.

Yes thank you for this. I think that's what they all mean as do I just in life overall. They're not wanting their opponent to not have God on their side, PSU just wants to be sure they stay on His side in everything, win or lose. I'm the same way, say a job interview comes up, I get it, I'm going to give thanks to god for giving me this opportunity to come along on my path of life, but that doesn't mean I don't want the guys I was competing with for that job to not have God on their side trying to teach them a lesson to better their lives cause I'm sure there's plenty of times someone's beat me and gave thanks to god for winning while I sat trying to figure out what God wanted me to do next or the lesson He wanted me to learn.

this is a bad post title (sorry tbar). there never was a Dean Heil can't be beaten era. Hell every other post on these forums is about how he should have lost, will lose, was lucky, actually did lose but ref didn't call it, etc.

now next year as he (likely?) moves towards 3rd title, I expect to see 'worst 3 timer ever?' type musings....while generally off kilter as well (worst 3 timer, you kidding me? I'll take being worst 3 timer!!) at least it is more on point.   

Edited by KTG119

My thought on this is...when you are on top some people just try to find any way to knock you.......

this is a bad post title (sorry tbar). there never was a Dean Heil can't be beaten era. Hell every other post on these forums is about how he should have lost, will lose, was lucky, actually did lose but ref didn't call it, etc.

now next year as he (likely?) moves towards 3rd title, I expect to see 'worst 3 timer ever?' type musings....while generally off kilter as well (worst 3 timer, you kidding me? I'll take being worst 3 timer!!) at least it is more on point.   

KTG, I'd probably edit the title because this isn't even really about Dean Heil its about the silly arguments people make around here, but as you know the subject titles can not be edited. 

One more thought on this issue. After watching University Nationals does it occur to anyone that the entire group at 149 might just be a little better than the group at 141? Neither field at 65Kg or 70Kg was what anyone would call "loaded". The most accomplished wrestlers (combining folk and free histories) at 70Kg were Brandon Sorenson, Max Thomsen and Kevin Jack who basically moved up a weight class. Sorenson, not really known as a freestyler, wins the weight without ever being even close to losing. Thomsen lost to Sorenson. Jack lost in the round of 16 to Mike Van Brill, a good wrestler sure but not with even Jack's prior NCAA results. 

The top guys history at 65Kg were Dean Heil, Anthony Ashnault, Tommy Thorn, and Kaid Brock moving up a weight class. Heil, Brock and Ashnault did not get past the round of 8. Thorn made it to the final. 

I know, freestyle isn't folk style, which I agree. See Chance Marstellar, a true freestyler. But that did not matter to a lot of guys who won despite their not having an extensive winning record in past freestyle events.