John Fritz

Wayne Wells

Andre Metzger

Carey Kolat

Spencer Lee

Ben Peterson

Henry Wittenberg

Mark Churella

Putting Brands and Hendricks on the list and leaving D. Schultz and Cox off!?!

And who knew that Steiber was the 5th most popular wrestler?

I'm guessing that these are just your favorite wrestlers, and not the most popular ones?

Edited by KCMO2

Putting Brands and Hendricks on the list and leaving D. Schultz and Cox off!?!

And who knew that Steiber was the 5th most popular wrestler?

I'm guessing that these are just your favorite wrestlers, and not the most popular ones?

Actually not my favorites but just those that came to my mind. No doubt there's lots of modifications needed. ESPN just put their list out of the top 100 famous athletes. No wrestlers on that list. Thought I would make my own. Bet by reply 100, we may have a decent list.

No mention of Anthony Robles in either list?

Also, gowrestle misspelled Cael Sanderson, Zain Retherford, Johny Hendricks, Larry Owings, and Cary Kolat.

Thanks Pirate. And MY BAD for leaving off Robles.

Edited by gowrestle

Donald Trump

Tom Cruise

Jon Jones

Neil Degrass Tyson

Great story about Tom Cruise. Was on Glen Ridge High School, NJ, team but coach kicked him off for drinking. With his new found spare time, he tried out for a part in the school play. The rest is history.

Great story about Tom Cruise. Was on Glen Ridge High School, NJ, team but coach kicked him off for drinking. With his new found spare time, he tried out for a part in the school play. The rest is history.

I thought he was suspended for mouthing off in the locker room to Coach Nickerson, and then booted for (allegedly) vandalizing the coach's house.

Kyle Klingman did a fantastic interview/article on Tom, I want to say about 10 years ago or so. 

I'm paraphrasing here, but when asked about his wrestling career Tom stated....

"My senior year, I blew out my knee. My wrestling career was over. I was devastated. At the encouragement of a teacher, I auditioned for GUYS AND DOLLS and won the lead role. I got into some trouble a little later, dropped out of high school and moved to Hollywood. The rest you can say, is history." 

Tom's senior year was 1980. 

....garth brooks, mario lopez and abe lincoln.........

Brooks never wrestled. 

He was a standout in Track and Field though. 

Brooks connection to wrestling is that when he went to Oklahoma State on a wrestling scholarship he became good friends with (maybe even roomed with??) one of the wrestlers. As a result this got Brooks interested in wrestling and he became a fan of it. 

I think he even put some money in support of the 1995 World Team. 

Brooks never wrestled. 

Brooks connection to wrestling is that when he went to Oklahoma State on a wrestling scholarship he became good friends with (maybe even roomed with??) one of the wrestlers. As a result this got Brooks interested in wrestling and he became a fan of it. 

John Smith's roomie, I thought.

Brooks never wrestled. 

Brooks never wrestled but went to Ok St on a wrestling scholarship? assuming that's just rushed typing....track wasn't it?

Brooks never wrestled but went to Ok St on a wrestling scholarship? assuming that's just rushed typing....track wasn't it?

Ha ha, caught me good their. It was a rushed typing.  That would be a humorous story though wouldn't it?   

Although not far from the truth in some cases. 

I heard for years that Tony Danza never wrestled in high school, he boxed. And the closest thing to boxing he could do in college was wrestling. Yet, I've also heard that was just a rumor and he did wrestle in high school.