Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Sanderson effect in full force at PSU

Of course, the world-renowned Lewistown Sentinel, serving its 500 constitutents since 1927!  

Seriously though--I realize the talent pool can't be very deep for tiny local papers, but this reads like a middle school essay about a kid's favorite team.  

Here is one from the NY Times, written for discerning readers like you, Charlie. 

A Wrestling Great Calculates His Next Big Move: Dynasty

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/29/sports/29wrestling.html

They don't exactly live in reality there...or realize that this is the last year he has any chance of accomplishing so before Spencer Lee arrives.

dont forget--Nick has a win over Spencer--and 2 years in the best room in the country--I like Nick chances against Spencer in College.

Oh he was a 16 y/o freshman wrestling a 14 y/o 8th grader and what happened the next time? Or do yall forget?

If you think Suriano can't beat Lee, you're out of your mind. No it's not definite but he more than anyone else is capable of it. Unless you're saying that Lee will have a perfect career at Iowa.

NCAAs?

Oh, that tournament Penn State has won 6 of the previous 7 seasons.

Which is what Coach Sanderson has been doing at Penn State.

But we're talking about individual match ups. Cruz avenged that loss when it counted the most. It's not far off to say that Cruz could potentially do that to Suriano at NCAA's, although my money would be on Suriano.

Suriano is one tough cookie, but Spencer is a Jr. World Champ. And if Spencer progresses like we all believe, I have to think that Spencer prevails. But then again you never know.

Great wrestler, but junior world at 110lbs. Lost to Fix that year.