pamela

2017 MFS World Team Trials

Gilman won a junior world medal. Why is it unlikely for him to win a senior medal (even if he is a jerk)?

Based on every result the U.S. has had at this weight since 2008, with the exception of a good draw by Simmons.  Gilman hasn't done anything internationally since his junior world medal, and is pretty far removed from it at this point. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

The Iowa hate is strong.  Gilman actually beat 4 of the top 5 guys at the weight to make it, including a fully unexpected domination of Megaludis.  The guy deserves the benefit of the doubt for now.

I just don't understand arbitrarily throwing out the gonna get worked card.  Gilman beat 4 guys that combined for a R12, 5th, 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd,2nd, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st at NCAA's with NaTo still having another chance.  He beat the best the U.S. has to offer.  Give him some fricking credit!

LemonPie, on 10 Jun 2017 - 9:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Taylor will get to wrestle at Worlds anyway.

Swing on 10 Jun 2017 - 9:30 PM, said:

we can only hope

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt before passing judgement on your comment, but are you saying you hope that Cox is injured to the point where he can't compete at world's?

Just think how horrible it must be in Russia 

Everything is horrible in Russia-- except of course the wrestling and the corruption and the hacking. If you like oppression, Russia does that well.

Was Taylor complaining about the pushout? He can't really be complaining that a wrestler sweats, can he?

If I were him I would be complaining about the passivity--DST was controlling the action.

LemonPie, on 10 Jun 2017 - 9:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Swing on 10 Jun 2017 - 9:30 PM, said:

we can only hope

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt before passing judgement on your comment, but are you saying you hope that Cox is injured to the point where he can't compete at world's?

im saying i would rather see dt at worlds.  i love cox, great story and fun to watch, i just think dt is the 2nd best wrestler in the US right now, after snyder.

Gilman won a junior world medal. Why is it unlikely for him to win a senior medal (even if he is a jerk)?

I'll believe it when I see it. What I have seen is our guys not even competing, not even close to that level, at the weight. I would have to see Gilman compete that well against world competition to be a believer. I wish him well but I don't see the technical ability just yet.

I think a lot of us are not sure if that is a real change or just another guy to go overseas and get worked.

fair point, but, Gilman will get his chance to prove it one way or the other while keeping the spot warm for fix in a few years... that will be the real switch...

Why Fix? Why not Lee?

because i think Fix is better (or bigger... take your pick)... i think Lee was the benefactor of being basically full grown at 50 while wrestling kids still not developed just passing through the weight at the time... you saw it this year when he stepped up to 126 and wasn't so ridiculously dominant... 

plus, i just like fix's attitude about wrestling better...