pamela

2017 MFS World Team Trials

Dake and Taylor complain to the officials because they just can't win 

We've seen it enough, they are frustrated because they can't get over the hump

Never should they be picked to win a trials until they actually do it

They complain because US wrestling has set up a complete farce of a system, and they make it worse by showing overwhelming favoritism to the incumbent. JB is very hard to root for. Gets the benefit of every call and is dirty because he is allowed to get away with it. Then gloats about it. And no one can say that the challenge tournament did not screw both Dake and Taylor in addition to the bias. But Dake has been routinely screwed against JB. As I have said repeatedly, he cannot wrestle JB under US wrestling auspices and expect a fair shake.  

Cox has a shot at a bronze. JB probably won't medal. 

Edited by straggler

I know some of the calls in the DT/Cox match were questionable. But you have to realize how good he actually is. Remember who DT just beat in the World Cup? Think who DT has to train with vs J'den.... The guys is elite, as is DT but I think it's time the wrestling world accepts JC for what he actually is.

I know some of the calls in the DT/Cox match were questionable. But you have to realize how good he actually is. Remember who DT just beat in the World Cup? Think who DT has to train with vs J'den.... The guys is elite, as is DT but I think it's time the wrestling world accepts JC for what he actually is.

Cox's ceiling is to compete for the Bronze. At least my opinion. But that is still pretty good. 

Cox's ceiling is to compete for the Bronze. At least my opinion. But that is still pretty good.

With saudelev moving up to 97? J'den got bronze wrestling a few month in freestyle last year. J'den practices with willie Miklus. I'd like to compare j'dens wrestling room to the guys at the olympics last year. We already know how his room stacks up to DT's

Backed into Olympic bronze? Some people are so disrespectful it's just nbelievable. Your dude lost. Deal!

What is wrong with saying I think a guy has the potential to win a Bronze medal? Initially I did not think Cox would medal at all, then the qualifying tournament made me revise my opinion. I said I thought Cox could win a bronze and he did, kind of. (LOL). That is what I think his ceiling is. Like I said, not so bad. 

Now JB may get a Bronze too this time out. Again not so bad. Hope he loses to be honest, but there it is. 

Edited by straggler

What is wrong with saying I think a guy has the potential to win a Bronze medal? Initially I did not think Cox would medal at all, then the qualifying tournament made me revise my opinion. I said I thought Cox could win a bronze and he did, kind of. (LOL). That is what I think his ceiling is. Like I said, not so bad.

Now JB may get a Bronze too this time out. Again not so bad. Hope he loses to be honest, but there it is. [/quote

Man you're bitter. Life must suck, eh?

They complain because US wrestling has set up a complete farce of a system, and they make it worse by showing overwhelming favoritism to the incumbent. JB is very hard to root for. Gets the benefit of every call and is dirty because he is allowed to get away with it. Then gloats about it. And no one can say that the challenge tournament did not screw both Dake and Taylor in addition to the bias. But Dake has been routinely screwed against JB. As I have said repeatedly, he cannot wrestle JB under US wrestling auspices and expect a fair shake.  

Cox has a shot at a bronze. JB probably won't medal. 

The challenge tournament didn't screw Dake, losing the US Open did.  Taylor was screwed by losing last year when Cox won an olympic medal.  Both guys had their chances to be waiting in the finals.  

I can't believe how many people want a "fair" system over one that rewards our best guys and increases the chance they represent us at Worlds.  Currently every wrestler in the country can make the team simply by winning.  Also the wrestlers who prove they are the best in the country get the benefit of the doubt but still have to win 2 out of 3.

You're an absolute idiot if you truly believe this.  

OK. I'm certainly not infallible. But all I know is before RIo I said JB would not win (did not foresee him imploding completely, but who could have anticipated that?) and that Cox could win a Bronze. Idiocy aside I have been relatively honest. I put down the marker again. Let's see how it turns out. 

The challenge tournament didn't screw Dake, losing the US Open did.  Taylor was screwed by losing last year when Cox won an olympic medal.  Both guys had their chances to be waiting in the finals.  

I can't believe how many people want a "fair" system over one that rewards our best guys and increases the chance they represent us at Worlds.  Currently every wrestler in the country can make the team simply by winning.  Also the wrestlers who prove they are the best in the country get the benefit of the doubt but still have to win 2 out of 3.

JB is the most coddled national athlete I have ever seen. Sorry. 

JB is the most coddled national athlete I have ever seen. Sorry. 

What does that have to do with the mini-tournament?  JB and Dake went into the US Open on equal footing.  You can dislike the reffing in all 4 JB-Dake matches this year, but the problem is not the mini tournament.  JB won/the refs gave it to him with no rest at the US Open even easier than today.  The only time Dake has ever won a match against him was when JB was rested and Dake was coming off the mini-tournament.  

Maybe they coddle him.  Maybe they outright tell the refs to cheat for him.  Either way the mini-tournament has a 0% influence on why Dake isn't repping the USA.