Sign in to follow this  
LemonPie

It's Official

And yet he runs through the biggest tournament of his career beating Ramos 2 matches to zip in the finals? The "biggest choker" doesn't win WTT's right after taking 3rd at NCAA's. The biggest choker moves to the Mountains after and hides and then comes back years later to make the Olympic team.

He didn't hide. He was living life.

The biggest choker, might be .....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So last year when GHulk, and J'Den were our guys at 65, and 86 and they had to go through the qualification tournament(s), and I think both improved immeasurably as wrestlers for having to do that. Now I know that there aren't any qualification tournaments this time around, and I don't know what Coach Zadick and his staff have planned for Tommy G, and the Zain Train, but hopefully whatever plans they do have, it will replicate the improvement that we saw with GHulk and JDen.

Lastly, I know that even our best face tough odds at the World's and Olympics, and they all deserve our support.

Fluke? Or choke?

choke implies that Megaludis would never beat Gilman at folkstyle if it weren't for a disastrous mental lapse by Gilman. That Megaludis is not on Gilman's level. 

I don't think that's true, especially not in folkstyle. but you can call it whatever you want. we all know the point of this thread was for you to try to troll Iowa fans and get them to pay attention to you. 

choke implies that Megaludis would never beat Gilman at folkstyle if it weren't for a disastrous mental lapse by Gilman. That Megaludis is not on Gilman's level. 

I don't think that's true, especially not in folkstyle. but you can call it whatever you want. we all know the point of this thread was for you to try to troll Iowa fans and get them to pay attention to you. 

True x 1000

What, you want a reasonable college wrestling discussion in the offseason?  No thank you.  Other than MSU158, there are no Iowa fans on this board.  They live in a safe space called the Hawkeye Report.  

I apologize if this has already been mentioned. It seemed like Gilman's biggest issue in college was being competitive from the down position. Freestyle doesn't have nearly the same emphasis, although Ramos did say he laced him up pretty easily. Who knows, maybe Gilman will have similar strengths as JB initially (Neutral wrestling) and surprise some people in Paris.

Freestyle doesn't have nearly the same emphasis, although Ramos did say he laced him up pretty easily. Who knows, maybe Gilman will have similar strengths as JB initially (Neutral wrestling) and surprise some people in Paris.

But if you lace a guy up and can't turn him from that position, what does it matter?  Gilman did a hell of a job fighting off any rolls from the lace.

But if you lace a guy up and can't turn him from that position, what does it matter?  Gilman did a hell of a job fighting off any rolls from the lace.

Tony Ramos' point was while he didn't give it up this past weekend, the international guys are way better at exposing from it.

My point was it looks like Gilman still struggles on bottom, but FS doesn't depend on it as much as they only get a few seconds to work something, where as him struggling on bottom in folk was on display way more.

Edited by gopher_fan_90

Tony Ramos' point was while he didn't give it up this past weekend, the international guys are way better at exposing from it.

My point was it looks like Gilman still struggles on bottom, but FS doesn't depend on it as much as they only get a few seconds to work something, where as him struggling on bottom in folk was on display way more.

Point taken.  At least now Gilman knows at least one thing that he'll definitely need to work on leading up to worlds.

There's no hate coming from me... I just don't want him to act like an ignorant, pompous @$$ heading into these international tourneys, only to get his clocked cleaned by the likes of Yowlys, Rahimi, etc.  The point is... act with a little bit of humility.  You're representing your country.  Snyder won his WC and OLY titles at 19 & 20 years old.  At this point, he could be extremely pompous, and have the credentials and credibility to back it up.  Instead, what does he do?  He analyzes the fact that he let Gadsen score 2 measely points on him, and determines that he can continue to get better, based off those results. 

I wish Gilman the best of luck.  But, he will earn respect of the entire country if he acts with just a bit of humility, and turns his words into positive actions... on the mat... at the WC's. 

Don't y'all think we have enough blowhards attempting to "represent our country" right now (ahem... cough cough... think Washington DC)?

HurricaneWrestling, on 11 Jun 2017 - 9:31 PM, said:snapback.png

Hmm...apparently, your avatar jinx expires simultaneously with a wrestler's collegiate eligibility. 
Great showing by Gilligan!

'Twas a good day in the Vak household.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Sneak peak a Vak's possible avatar for 2017-18 season:

spencer%20Lee_zpshjo4xnrq.jpg