Sign in to follow this  
rocklobsta

Biggest step backward...

...has to be Nahshon Garrett.  I loved watching this kid in college.  What has Zeke done to him.  He used to be a relentless attacker, reshot after reshot.  He now looks like a very ordinary wrestler.  He needs to move back to Ithaca!

Don't disagree with Garrett, but Molinaro just missing a medal at the Olympics to being cashed out in 2 against Retherford is up there.

Not sure what "cashed out in two" means. Molinaro won the first match.

And anyone who thought going into WTTs that Retherford was not on the same level as any of the top 65 kg wrestlers in the US was just not paying attention.

Not sure what "cashed out in two" means. Molinaro won the first match.

And anyone who thought going into WTTs that Retherford was not on the same level as any of the top 65 kg wrestlers in the US was just not paying attention.

My bad--I should have been more clear.  To be fresh and an Olympic 5th placer not even a year ago and drop two bouts to a guy who's just finished a tourny and has no major senior level international experience is not a good look.  JMHO, but I think it's a step down.

My bad--I should have been more clear.  To be fresh and an Olympic 5th placer not even a year ago and drop two bouts to a guy who's just finished a tourny and has no major senior level international experience is not a good look.  JMHO, but I think it's a step down.

Maybe Zain is just that good. I tend to think so. 

Molinaro wrestles his best when he has a chip on his shoulder.  He just didn't seem to have the necessary intensity.  Zain is excellent but the Olympic 5th placer had a huge advantage and didn't seem at the right emotional level for this type of comp.  

Are you sure Molinaro is actually better than Zain?

Zain is incredible. The only reason he didn't have more hype coming out of high school was because Pico took the team spot from Zain so many times.