Race card. Good grief give him a break man. Talk to him about it and be done with it. He just came out of a battle. People always looking to hang people when their feelings get hurt. Grow a pair!

If not for the battle, do you think he uses a different term to describe Higuchi.     

Ask someone who was in a Japanese internment camp how much venom is in that word.

Point taken, and if i was with one of my Japanese roommates in college, and someone called them that, I would demand an apology, probably at threat of violence.  I was just making the point that 'jap' can be (wrongly) construed as simply an abbreviation by the historically ignorant, while the n-word is absolutely indefensible and abhorrent.

Excusing this sh!t as a slip does little. This is a pathological problem with white folks in this country. It is incumbent on them to police their own and stress how unacceptable those words are.

What do you suggest. A public hanging? It is not right but we all have to stop getting our feelings hurt of everything. Give him a warning and move on

If not for the battle, do you think he uses a different term to describe Higuchi.     

Not sure. I hope so. But I simply don't like word police in a combat sport. He should apologize and that should be it. 

Are you Japanese or Asian? Dont tell people how they shouls feel when racist terms get thrown out there.

I am not telling them anything. They can feel how they want and I can feel how I want. I say layoff Gilman, warn him and move on. My opinion. 

I am not telling them anything. They can feel how they want and I can feel how I want. I say layoff Gilman, warn him and move on. My opinion.

Enabling racism. And who is supposed to warn him? You think Tom Brands will warn him? Edited by BigTenFanboy

Not sure. I hope so. But I simply don't like word police in a combat sport. He should apologize and that should be it. 

Perhaps, but we don't know if he's sorry.   Why apologize if one isn't sorry?   Isn't that PC  in itself?    

If Gilman is a racist, so be it.   Plenty of racist Americans running around, he's not likely to make things any worse.    But this is our sport.    We're responsible for how it progresses going forward.   We all are.   We excuse the guy when he makes a statement like that?     I'm not sure I'm on board with that.   

Youre right he should apologize, but until he does he deserves to be labeled a racist.

Race card hysteria. Who cares. The race card means nothing anymore in this nation since it has been used so much. Just because he said that doesn't mean he is a racist. I say things I don't mean in rush hour traffic. Give him some grace. 

I do not like Gilman or Ramos or Iowa but I will defend him here against the mob PC bull crap. He made a mistake, give him some grace..

Its not pc bull crap. Pc bull crap is when SJWs try to find hidden meaning. Heres a case where a white American man used a well known racist term to describe a Japanese man. He could have very easily used Higuchi's name, but he used a racist term.

Race card hysteria. Who cares. The race card means nothing anymore in this nation since it has been used so much. Just because he said that doesn't mean he is a racist. I say things I don't mean in rush hour traffic. Give him some grace.

The fact that I'm half Japanese. I CARE!

Perhaps, but we don't know if he's sorry.   Why apologize if one isn't sorry?   Isn't that PC  in itself?    

If Gilman is a racist, so be it.   Plenty of racist Americans running around, he's not likely to make things any worse.    But this is our sport.    We're responsible for how it progresses going forward.   We all are.   We excuse the guy when he makes a statement like that?     I'm not sure I'm on board with that.   

The only thing that needs to be done is for USA wrestling to warn him. That is it. He can say sorry if he wants to. I don't believe in forced apologizes.

The only thing that needs to be done is for USA wrestling to warn him. That is it. He can say sorry if he wants to. I don't believe in forced apologizes.

Let me ask you this? Have you ever had a racist term flung at you? Its easy to say let it slide when you havent had to deal with that kind of bs. Then to be told give him simpathy? What about sympathy for those on the receiving end of the racist comment?

The fact that I'm half Japanese. I CARE!

And so say I am Christian. Who cares what you are. Or what I am or Gilman is. If someone says Jesus is a loser what am I suppose to do? Call for their firing because they offended me and hurt my little feelings? This crap has got to stop. If I were Gilman I would immediately apologize. This crap around this nation has got to stop.  

Excusing this sh!t as a slip does little. This is a pathological problem with white folks in this country. It is incumbent on them to police their own and stress how unacceptable those words are.

This is a pathological problem with white folks in this country? Generalize much?

Gilman doesn't represent white folks, he represents himself only with those words.

Let me ask you this? Have you ever had a racist term flung at you? Its easy to say let it slide when you havent had to deal with that kind of bs. Then to be told give him simpathy? What about sympathy for those on the receiving end of the racist comment?

I said give him grace

You literally come off like you are crying. Grow a pair already Big Ten Fan Baby!

And so say I am Christian. Who cares what you are. Or what I am or Gilman is. If someone says Jesus is a loser what am I suppose to do? Call for their firing because they offended me and hurt my little feelings? This crap has got to stop. If I were Gilman I would immediately apologize. This crap around this nation has got to stop.

You know what youre right. I guess we should all be tolerant of racists and allow them to just run amock. What a great representative the HWC has there.