Dear lord relax. Understand the situation! I am assuming you are a grown man! If you surf the internet enough, you will find racial slurs all over the dang place. Enough to keep you inside your room crying until you wither away. 

Spend the rest of your life being a social warrior and you will be miserable. Like Bob Marley said "Don't worry, be happy"

Dear lord relax. Understand the situation! I am assuming you are a grown man! If you surf the internet enough, you will find racial slurs all over the dang place. Enough to keep you inside your room crying until you wither away. 

Spend the rest of your life being a social warrior and you will be miserable. Like Bob Marley said "Don't worry, be happy"

Youre right there are racual slurs everywhere. I guess we should all just suck it up and accept them. If you knew me you would know im pretty damn anti Sjw. I dont buy into the implied bs that many of them do. However here is a case where Gilman actually used a racist term to describe a person. I'm of the opinion people should be judged by their actions and words. Im not making a blanket statement about a group of people. Im making a statement about Thomas Gilman and Thomas Gilman alone.

Or he used a/the term he's been comfortable with saying for a long time.

Possibly a slip, accident or normal phrase for him.

But, in fairness to Gilman, I've never heard him use any racial-type words in any interviews previously. And not all of his opponents have been lily-white caucasians while competing in the sport.

That could definitely be a possibility as well, which makes it understandable but still not okay imo. I see it that he's a twenty-something year old, and if I was in a workplace with someone who talked like that casually ("that Chinaman/Jap/beaner"), I wouldn't feel right. I might pull a DeShazer.

If I recall correctly, Gilman wrestled Terao (older one) and credited him for a tough match. I'm just going to wait and see what he does next.

Bob Marley never said that.

Funny you bring up Trump. It is the PC lynch mob mentality that got Americans tired of terms like misogynists, xenophobe, bigot and racist because they were being blurted out over even the slightest thing. Those terms/things are horrible but vastly overused and because of that we elected someone who speaks freely.The PC thing is very dangerous, much more dangerous than stupidly used words from a guy like Gilman. The responses on here are much worse than his offense!     

Edited by PRyan2012

Youre right there are racual slurs everywhere. I guess we should all just suck it up and accept them. If you knew me you would know im pretty damn anti Sjw. I dont buy into the implied bs that many of them do. However here is a case where Gilman actually used a racist term to describe a person. I'm of the opinion people should be judged by their actions and words. Im not making a blanket statement about a group of people. Im making a statement about Thomas Gilman and Thomas Gilman alone.

I am not asking you to suck it up. You are your own person and can react in anyway you please. But also remember, other people may not react in the same way or take the comment as a racist statement. 

I don't know whether Gilman is racist or not, but I have learned through my years as a teacher to assume the best. Not everything that is said is a direct reflection of ones character, especially when their is ZERO history of this type of behavior. 

Funny you bring up Trump. It is the PC lynch mob mentality that got Americans tired of terms like misogynists, xenophobe, bigot and racist because they were being blurted out over even the slightest thing. Those terms/things are horrible but vastly overused and because of that we elected someone who speaks freely.The PC thing is very dangerous, much more dangerous than stupidly used words from a guy like Gilman. The responses on here are much worse than his offense!     

So the people being offended by the racist term (regardless of how it was meant) are much worse than the person using the racist term?!?  I don't want to make this more than it is, but you sir need to catch a clue.

Pathetic. Gilman is a racist.

And anyone who thinks what he said was no big deal is a racist too.

Excusing this sh!t as a slip does little. This is a pathological problem with white folks in this country. It is incumbent on them to police their own and stress how unacceptable those words are.

You know, I’m sensing a real sort of underlying racial bias to this entire thread. I find you both to be racially biased. I find you both to be insensitive, bigoted, and misogynistic based on everything you’ve said. It may be hidden, maybe we can’t see it, but we all know it’s there. 

Now that we've established we are all a bunch of racist, sexist, bigot, homophobes, let's give Gilman a chance to clarify his statements before we organize the lynch mob,

Edited by BigRedMachine

So the people being offended by the racist term (regardless of how it was meant) are much worse than the person using the racist term?!?  I don't want to make this more than it is, but you sir need to catch a clue.

It has been blown out of proportion, way out of proportion! Bad choice of words. NO history there. I do not need to catch a clue either. Forgiveness is in store here unless Gilman continues to say it but that won't happen is my bet. And I really think he didnt know the history honestly-it has been a long time since WWII and he is a 21 year old kid.  

I am not asking you to suck it up. You are your own person and can react in anyway you please. But also remember, other people may not react in the same way or take the comment as a racist statement. 

I don't know whether Gilman is racist or not, but I have learned through my years as a teacher to assume the best. Not everything that is said is a direct reflection of ones character, especially when their is ZERO history of this type of behavior.

Let me ask you this then. A kid in your class makes the same racist statement that Gilman made. An asian student in your class is offended by that statement. Is your response then to tell the asian student to give the offending kid a chance and not to overreact? History started today. If Gilman apologizes for me that'll be good enough until the next time something happens. But I'm not going to treat it like that apology has taken place yet.

It has been blown out of proportion, way out of proportion! Bad choice of words. NO history there. I do not need to catch a clue either. Forgiveness is in store here unless Gilman continues to say it but that won't happen is my bet. And I really think he didnt know the history honestly-it has been a long time since WWII and he is a 21 year old kid.

Forgiveness is only in store if Gilman asks for it.

You don't say racist words like he did unless you think like that.

Ok, PPRyan, so let me ask you this.

If Kyle Dake were some "21 year old kid" and said

I'm getting ready to wrestle that Nword later tonight so that I can be the US World Team rep at 74kg, then it would be ok?

And trust me, I know a hell of a lot of Japanese people in California whose families lost everything when they were all forced into those camps and yeah, the term Gilman used was the only term said about Japanese people at the time.