silver-medal

Fire The Official

Even if Cox was injured you can't allow him not to engage for over 2 mins.  He backed up constantly.   No warning.  Nothing.  Just because he was hurt doesn't mean he isn't responsible for competing.  If he can't compete, stop the match and award the win to the aggressor.  That was horrible.  

He backed up constantly and failed to engage.  He wrestled like a guy with ten secs left for 230.  I love Cox but the official stopped doing his job.  Taylor made matters worse by seeming to lose intensity.  That was mindboggling as well.  

If this is the case, why is it that Taylor is the one who kept going out of bounds?

Taylor has a knack for not being able to score late when it matters

Dake tried to play defense with a lead and shut down Burroughs tonight like he has Taylor in the past but Burroughs isn't Taylor

The second match on Cox defense showed it is superior to anything Taylor has

Edited by matness

because he was wildly chasing an injured wrestler on a ice rink...

It looked more like he was pushing him without executing any real technique.  Taylor went from methodically hitting singles in the first match to the classic USA folkstyle mentality of push the opposing wrestler forward.  Cox responding by sprawling, circling, and forcing Taylor out of bounds.  

DT is not a gamer.  Great wrestler, but when it counts, he doesn't perform.  He should have destroyed Cox, but I also think Cox wasn't as hurt as bad as he made it look.   Wrestling version or Rope-A-Dope. 

DT is like the offensive spread team in football that wins games by 40 points but when they face a team with an actual defense they get shut down.  

DT is not a gamer.  Great wrestler, but when it counts, he doesn't perform.  He should have destroyed Cox, but I also think Cox wasn't as hurt as bad as he made it look.   Wrestling version or Rope-A-Dope. 

Very much disagree on the injury.  You can't fake the initial reaction he had.  Knee injuries are funny.  In many sports you have guys finish the match/game only to find out later that they tore 1 or even multiple ligaments.  I pray that isn't what happend to J'Den, but I really hope it isn't what I think it is.

It looked more like he was pushing him without executing any real technique.  Taylor went from methodically hitting singles in the first match to the classic USA folkstyle mentality of push the opposing wrestler forward.  Cox responding by sprawling, circling, and forcing Taylor out of bounds.  

i would agree with this... wildly chasing him... someone above suggested taylor might have lost his focus after the injury and i would agree with that as well... plus, he was slipping noticeably everywhere on that mat...

this does not disparage cox at all... he was trying to survive after that injury and doing a very admirable job of it... 

this really does not even warrant a response it is so ridiculous...

Very much disagree on the injury. You can't fake the initial reaction he had. Knee injuries are funny. In many sports you have guys finish the match/game only to find out later that they tore 1 or even multiple ligaments. I pray that isn't what happend to J'Den, but I really hope it isn't what I think it is.

What do you think it might be? Meniscus?

Go back and look at the post injury video.  When he is engaged with DT, no injury evident.  But keep on with your condescension...

Really?  Have you never hurt yourself only to continue playing/wrestling?  Adrenaline, numbness and a whole slew of other factors come into play.  The man screamed out in extreme pain.  Trust me, that wasn't a stubbed toe.

I would be shocked if he didn't have minimum a grade 2 tear of his lcl and lateral miniscus. I went to school originally for physical therapy, and would agree that he was certainly not faking that reaction. His kneee will likely be triple the size, and five times the pain, by the time he goes to bed.

Really?  Have you never hurt yourself only to continue playing/wrestling?  Adrenaline, numbness and a whole slew of other factors come into play.  The man screamed out in extreme pain.  Trust me, that wasn't a stubbed toe.

Again, watch the video.  He gets up putting weight on both legs at different times.  Which leg was hurt?  Maybe he was cramping.  Go back and watch.  I have nothing against Cox at all.  Just doesnt look like his injury was as bad as it looked.  If it was as bad as it looked, DT should have killed him. 

Go back and look at the post injury video.  When he is engaged with DT, no injury evident.  But keep on with your condescension...

you claiming cox was playing possum deserves a level of condescension that i am not interested in going after tonight...

The second half of that match was bizarre. Taylor was wresting like he assumed he would win and was taking it easy until it was too late. Definitely look liked it threw him off.

The mat was drenched. What's the point of drying the wrestlers off in between periods if you are going to ignore it the rest of the match? At one point the wrestlers were sliding around like seals.

Cox has an iron will. He clearly suffered a major injury and gutted it out anyways. In a world where athletes get paid millions to flop, this is what we need more of. Shame it won't be on Sportscenter for millions of kids to see tomorrow.